Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

sullat posted:

My one criticism is that Dismas's first shrine fight is super tedious. It took like half an hour, 13 rounds, and 90% of that was spent watching the guards whiff swing after swing while I moved back and forth and threw rocks.. Something needs to be done to spice up the fight, otherwise it's just a chore. By contrast, the Runaway's first fight took like 20 rounds but only about 10 minutes since it's just a battle of wits against one opponent.

Can't you use his melee attacks in the front rows? Instant kill on the prison guards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Yeah. I see no reason to throw stones. You can tank the stress.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
There's an algorithm to most of those shrine fights that make them trival once you know. The 2nd hw fight is duelist advance, pistol shot carriage to pistol shot carriage, hide in a bush. Repeat.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Man, the Denial boss fight is just so not fun. I've started just abandoning runs when I reach him.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Fat Samurai posted:

Yeah. I see no reason to throw stones. You can tank the stress.

Oh is it just that? For some reason I assumed more guards would come.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Driving the carriage around is not fun and the twitchiness of it doesn't seem to fit in with DD. Hopefully that gets reworked or someone makes a mod that removes it entirely.

The combat, from what I've seen in the first bit, is cool and good. And the atmosphere remains great.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
In DD1 you could at least take note of various curios and try to plot out a route to maximize buffs and potential loot if you had high scouting. Or circle back to get more loot or hit up a buff fountain if you had a good run. Especially in that one area where the boss map was a grid and you could purposely camp once you found the boss's lair, which was almost always in a corner.

I don't know how you do that in a game where "keep pressing forward through a ruined world" is an important theme but honestly the carriage segments feel like filler at best. It's actually annoying when my inventory is nearing full and I picked up another plate of moldy slop I'm just going to toss anyway, so I have to stop and delete it to make sure I don't miss anything I might actually use.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Driving the carriage around is not fun and the twitchiness of it doesn't seem to fit in with DD. Hopefully that gets reworked or someone makes a mod that removes it entirely.

The combat, from what I've seen in the first bit, is cool and good. And the atmosphere remains great.

You can adjust the stagecoach's sensitivity in the settings. It makes it way less twitchy.

And as always there's double-tapping W to auto-drive.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I've come to realise that the loot pinatas are so small in chance and in quality as to be irrelevant. Just drive forward and only press a direction when you choose a path.

EDIT: Give me a speed up button, RH.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Sometimes you get useful consumables along the way.

The wagon items that are supposed to give you stuff over time are really random though. I've often had them just not proc any items at all the entire biome. They should be a little more straightforward and just have it work like "add 1 [item] for every 5 piles you hit".

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

So I have discovered that if you attempt to use a skill but it is cancelled by a relationship bark, if you use a combat item the skill becomes usable again.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
My latest two runs ended up being very different. I beat the Dreaming General and the Final Boss on both of them, but on the second run I lost two characters.

On the first (PD, Jester, MAA, Hellion), immensely successful run I got a trinket that gives 33% chance of getting an extra turn when hit, and gave that to MAA, which was hilariously overpowered, and the Hellion-exclusive trinket that provides 25% chance of getting a crit token every turn, also hilariously overpowered. PD was given a trinket that had 15% of blind on every hit and a trinket that gave 15% of vulnerable on every hit, which was also rather strong.

The second run (PD, Occ, HWM, MAA) I had worse luck with trinkets, with the only standout being a +8% crit chance trinket from Academic's study, and got a lot of lovely traits. Punch-drunk+ in particular almost ruined the whole run when it procced two times on a row (-5% crit chance, 15% to get stunned every time you're hit).

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Warden posted:

My latest two runs ended up being very different. I beat the Dreaming General and the Final Boss on both of them, but on the second run I lost two characters.

On the first (PD, Jester, MAA, Hellion), immensely successful run I got a trinket that gives 33% chance of getting an extra turn when hit, and gave that to MAA, which was hilariously overpowered, and the Hellion-exclusive trinket that provides 25% chance of getting a crit token every turn, also hilariously overpowered. PD was given a trinket that had 15% of blind on every hit and a trinket that gave 15% of vulnerable on every hit, which was also rather strong.

The second run (PD, Occ, HWM, MAA) I had worse luck with trinkets, with the only standout being a +8% crit chance trinket from Academic's study, and got a lot of lovely traits. Punch-drunk+ in particular almost ruined the whole run when it procced two times on a row (-5% crit chance, 15% to get stunned every time you're hit).
I've done that PD load out and it is excellent with Magnesium rain as you're all but guaranteed to debuff something each hit.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

No loathing, 28 flame, lair boss killed, 8 leagues from inn, guess who came out to play.

No mastery so maybe I got owned

edit: Same run, 1st mountain clear!

temple fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Nov 27, 2021

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Welcome to Earf!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Double post extravaganza...

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Couple of failed runs trying out new comps, where I abandoned runs due to getting loving splattered by RN, then went in with MAA, Runaway, GR, and PD and managed to get both the MAA exclusive trinket to gain extra actions on hit, and the non-exclusive trinket with better chance to get extra actions on hit. Turns out the % chance does not stack, but they are both rolled separately. It was pretty wild when both procced on a singly hit when fighting the final boss.

I think Runaway needs a bit of rework. Run Away and Hearthlight are pretty drat useless, Controlled Burn is underpowered and situational, and Backdraft requires way too much set up for too little pay-off. Firestarter comboed with PD is awesome though.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Cauterize, smokescreen, and sometimes firestarter are runaway's best abilities. Everything feels like abilities with placeholder values. I've had some success with ransack. I like her in rank 2 and its cool she plays r2 and r3 differently. Kinda dangerous to put in r3 because she might get pushed into r4. R4 is a deadzone that turns off the abilities I like. I tried a combo strategy with jester applying combo points but all you get 2 weak dots instead of 1. I think the design space is big enough to give her a role outside of more dots.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I like using mastered Smokescreen to apply combo so Leper can use mastered Chop while ignoring his blind tokens. Applying blind and making sure they take a massive chunk of damage is pretty good.

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006
Just one spray keeps bad karma away!
She just feels a little underpowered, and the way she is the ONLY fire person is a little lame.

I can only assume they're going to hand out more- I mentioned this in another post but right now Burn is very much sectioned off in their own little zones (Runaway, the Sprawl) with 0 bleeding ( :V ) into other places (outside of the Occultist's Amanuensis and his power tokens... and Magnesium Rain, which I use, tbh mostly to remove corpses).

I also finally managed to pull a pair of characters out of a bad relationship. It's so hard to unwind it!

Bussamove posted:

I like using mastered Smokescreen to apply combo so Leper can use mastered Chop while ignoring his blind tokens. Applying blind and making sure they take a massive chunk of damage is pretty good.
This is absolutely what I do. This and her hit-all attack (to remove dodges) are her big jobs when I pick her. She works well with the Leper because she can yank people closer into his waiting Chops and just hand out combo tokens.

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism
Vestal gonna come back with fire attacks and heals :hmmyes:

Malah
May 18, 2015

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

Vestal gonna come back with fire attacks and heals :hmmyes:
Vestal superboss: battle nun back with a vengeance :black101:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Fun comp. Jester can razor forward, get a dodge token, then finale to back. Hellion can self-root and keep jester in rank 2 but it doesn't matter with his dodge token. With mastery, razor can setup a +100% finale. Occultist can stab or nuke the back. PD nukes the back. But jester post finale can stress heal (or fade) and pushes PD forward for stabs. Worked better than I thought and with no occultist unchecked power nukes yet(still grinding his skills).

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Malah posted:

Vestal superboss: battle nun back with a vengeance :black101:

Vestal, except this time she sends people to horny jail.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Samovar posted:

Vestal, except this time she sends people to horny jail.

vestal but you fight her IN horny jail

temple
Jul 29, 2006

road fight :hmmno:

First fight of the zone too. I had full loathing leaving the inn. Got a mastery and -2 loathing for it :hmmyes:

Bonjour Monsieur Phillipe

Au revoir

temple fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 4, 2021

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Welp another doomed run

Really bored of jester/pd comps. Got to the mountain and immediately killed by the boss. Got 2 locks down. Like death's door and killed on the next hit. The run was doomed because the 1st zone threw double ghoul, then 2 fights later, another ghoul, then cultists (because of no flame). Better than shambler I guess. I got 2 mastery for it.

This run broke me. The game is too stingy with stress heals and positive affinity. Even taking on bosses and hard battles, you are left with only wounds to show for it. The narrative of a torturous battle to the mountain works narratively but it is fun? Really hope the devs ask themselves that.

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006
Won a run last night almost entirely on the shoulders of my MAA.

I got his trinket that gives a big shield on-hit (not always) and a trinket that gave him an extra move on-hit (not his specific trinket for it, because the generic one has a better percentage???).

It was pretty much him going 'oh, you hit me, better re-up Retribution :getin:' and/or just nailing someone with Rampart into stuns with everyone else on the team crying, slapping each other, shuffling around, so on. HWM, Jester, Occultist. They worked well-enough, especially the OCC with the Sapper trinket (atk-down on-hit, sometimes) and the Anti's Blind-on-hit (if you're not poor) trinket. The ceiling spahgetti (or any multi-hit) works great with on-hits. The Jester was kind of... there? He was important, but mostly in the team, not vs the enemies. HWM was good, as always. Occultist's heal worked great early on when I scored the cultist's trinkets kit to boost bleed resist to absurd levels; I had those on the MAA until I switched to the other loadout.

Everyone had a positive Relationship right before the final boss, and the MAA was the only guy who had a Breakdown (which still kept him in the green with everyone).

The boss is kind of a check to see if you get the game, which is 'do you have good relationships? Do you know how to fuckin' deal with that?'. I actually really like that; it's just like realizing health is not as important as stress management in the first game.

I still really, really, really want the Musketeer/Arbalest back though. There's good frontline tanking and/or damage, but not... much DPS for the backline. I get it. But I wanna chunk people with my bow/gun. :getin:.

Also it was never posted in-thread, but there's a patch coming out 'mid-december'.

https://www.darkestdungeon.com/news/darkest-dungeon-ii-december-patch-preview/

Highlights:

• You'll need to kill a Lair boss to get to the Mountain. You will apparently get to strap the fucker's head to the Wagon.
• Skins for the Heiravan.
• Oasis node for de-stressing a hero.
• Dark Mode runs locked to 1 Torch.

Sidelights:
People have been digging in the code and seen references to:
• Class: the Bounty Hunter. Apparently? I have to double-check.
• Pets: have been dug up and They have loot tables? They appear to be empty right now, and we're not sure how they're called.
• Trophies: They do combat bonuses- against certain Biomes or resistances up

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Karma Guard posted:

Also it was never posted in-thread, but there's a patch coming out 'mid-december'.

https://www.darkestdungeon.com/news/darkest-dungeon-ii-december-patch-preview/
I posted a while back. Its been about 3 weeks since we've heard from red hook.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3697943&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=587#post519464541

I think experimental branch has changes. Trophies are like trinkets for the whole party. Crits have their stress healing enhanced. Stuns give stun resists. Don't get max torch from inns. Oasis node heals stress for a price. Killing a boss decreases loathing gain between zones. These are just observations.

Finally can show off my Finishing school run. Took 3 tries. Had to modify some things.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
We’ve been working our asses off, I’m just not allowed to say poo poo :downs:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I appreciate it. This game has sucked me in. I never played DD1 but DD2 addresses everything I wanted.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

temple posted:

I appreciate it. This game has sucked me in. I never played DD1 but DD2 addresses everything I wanted.

This is one of the only games I've worked on in a long storied career where I've personally enjoyed playing the game after it shipped. Not that I worked on a bunch of lovely games, but I usually get sick of 'em by the time they're out there or since I know exactly how to cheese the RNG it's not fun anymore, but I can still lose a few hours to this one. The other software engineers on the project also play the game frequently. So we know all the pain points. Everyone's really invested in making it as fun as possible; it just seems sometimes like nobody is listening because it takes awhile to complete a major patch and it would be bad to give a play by play of exactly what we're doing while working on it because that just invites backseat devving from people who have no idea what they're talking about.

I don't use reddit but I've peeped at the reddit r/darkestdungeon a few times and big lol at various posts "HERE'S HOW TO FIX DARKEST DUNGEON II" filled with the most ignorant poo poo imaginable. :allears:

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006

temple posted:

I posted a while back. Its been about 3 weeks since we've heard from red hook.
Oh, sorry :downs:

Xibanya posted:

I don't use reddit but I've peeped at the reddit r/darkestdungeon a few times and big lol at various posts "HERE'S HOW TO FIX DARKEST DUNGEON II" filled with the most ignorant poo poo imaginable. :allears:
It's very funny to see them miss the point.

(please buff the runaway tho)

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Xibanya posted:

This is one of the only games I've worked on in a long storied career where I've personally enjoyed playing the game after it shipped. Not that I worked on a bunch of lovely games, but I usually get sick of 'em by the time they're out there or since I know exactly how to cheese the RNG it's not fun anymore, but I can still lose a few hours to this one. The other software engineers on the project also play the game frequently. So we know all the pain points. Everyone's really invested in making it as fun as possible; it just seems sometimes like nobody is listening because it takes awhile to complete a major patch and it would be bad to give a play by play of exactly what we're doing while working on it because that just invites backseat devving from people who have no idea what they're talking about.

People need to give it time. There's a lot I've learned from the last few runs.

And buff runaway also.

MF'ing patch notes December 2021

quote:

Darkest Dungeon II Experimental Branch - 0.11.30447 - Torch and Trophy

PLAYER PROFILES
Before we get to the main new features we added for gameplay, we also wanted to add the ability for players to have multiple profiles on their machines. Now when you boot up the game for the first time, you will be asked to create a profile by entering a name, selecting what language you want to play in, as well as taking a moment to opt-in to our data collection, before you hit the main menu.

If you already have a profile and have been playing since release, no worries! We will convert your existing profile and save to the new structure and you can keep on going where you left off.

Want a friend or roommate to try the game out, but don’t want them to tank your run? You can now have up to 10 profiles on a single install of the game, each with their own runs.

IN GAME PATCH NOTES
We’ve added in-game patch notes! From now on, all patches, hot-fixes, and updates will have their contents documented in the client for the duration of early access. The feature is still in its nascent stages but we hope to continue to add small quality of life improvements to help us better communicate the changes that happen to Darkest Dungeon II throughout it’s life in early access.

To start you can see this little icon: and know that this change or fix came as a result of actioning some of the amazing feedback we’ve been able to collect on our Discord, web boards, or our in-game feedback tool!

So thank you for contributing and each time you see know that your input has helped us in our path to making Darkest Dungeon II the game we want it to be.

TROPHY SYSTEM / MOUNTAIN ENTRY
Starting with this patch, you must mount a TROPHY on your Stagecoach in order to enter the Mountain. TROPHIES can only be obtained by slaying a Region Boss. Remember that Region Bosses live in LAIRS.

To help you hunt down the bosses, all LAIRS will now be scouted by default, which means they’ll always be revealed on the map.

The choice of whether to attempt to slay a boss early in the expedition or later on is up to you. But you must successfully slay at least one boss in order to tackle the Mountain and win the run.

Each boss has two different trophies that they can drop. These trophies can dramatically affect your heroes or the Stagecoach. We won’t spoil them here!

What happens if you don’t have a Trophy when you reach the Mountain?

First of all, if you enter the last region before the Mountain and you don’t yet have a Trophy, you’ll be given a pop up warning that you need to kill the boss in that region.

But if you don’t kill that boss and approach the final Inn before the Mountain, your expedition will conclude and you’ll be shown the run over screen. Rest assured that all Hope earned will be accrued to your profile, as normal.
NEW LOCATION TYPE: THE OASIS
At the Oasis, you can pay Relics in order to relieve Stress from one hero. This provides another weapon to combat stress and keep your affinities trending in the happy direction!

STAGECOACH LIVERY (SKINS)
Ride out in style! As you advance your player profile, you will unlock new Stagecoach skins. You can toggle your livery by clicking a button on the Stagecoach Status screen.

THE INFERNAL FLAME
Darkest Dungeon 1 has a long tradition of “Dark Runs”, which is the name for when players actively snuff out their torch on purpose in order to elevate the challenge of the game.

Enter: the Infernal Flame. This stagecoach upgrade unlocks at Profile Level 20. Once unlocked, it will show up in the Academic’s Cache in the Valley each time you start a new Expedition. If you choose to mount this as a stagecoach upgrade, the Flame will be pegged at 1 for the rest of the run and can never fluctuate. This will increase the difficulty substantially. On the plus side, you can never run out and therefore can never be ambushed by Cultists from behind. If you mount the Infernal Flame, you probably should not bother with Assist Encounters at all.

Be warned: once you mount the Infernal Flame, you cannot remove it during that expedition!
Character Skills, Items, etc.:

Combat (General)
Fixed an issue with stacking Buff/Debuff values (e.g. Clotting Powders and Ounce of Prevention) not displaying correctly on mouseover
🔸 Fixed an issue where Taunt Tokens were incorrectly consumed by Riposte
▫️ Fixed an issue with some resistance penalties (Stun, Move, Debuff) not being correctly calculated during a Crit

Combat Items
🔸 Pouch of Lye will clear corpses on a miss

Heroes (General)
Chance for a critical hit to heal 1 Stress has been raised to 50% from 25%
Stunned Heroes that lose their turn will now receive a +40% Stun Resist bonus until the start of their next turn
🔸 Fixed an issue with some Combat Items incorrectly consuming Crit Tokens, such as Pouch of Lye and Chalk Dust; Combat Items that deal no damage but apply a DOT/Stun/Debuff will still consume Crit as they benefit from the 20% resistance penetration granted by a critical hit

Grave Robber
🔸 Grave Robber's Dead of Night will now clear corpse on a miss but will only provide the additional bonuses on hit

Hellion
🔸 Wicked Hack/Wicked Hack+ damage slightly increased to better reflect her role as a damager
🔸 Wicked Hack+ now applies a non-resistable 75% healing debuff to a target with Combo
🔸 Iron Swan/Iron Swan+ damage slightly increased to better reflect her role as a damager
🔸 Iron Swan+ now applies Combo

Highwayman
🔸 Tracking Shot will now prevent the target from gaining Dodge/Dodge+ Tokens for 2 turns
🔸 Fixed an issue where Highway Robbery was not reporting the number of Tokens (2) that it destroys

Man-at-Arms
🔸 Man-at-Arms: Crush damage slightly reduced to better reflect his role as a defender

Occultist
🔸 Malediction/Malediction+ now applies DOTs when the target is damaged rather than hit; non-damaging attacks will not trigger the effect but DOT ticks will
🔸 Malediction DOT damage increased to 2 points
🔸 Malediction+ now also reduces the target's Bleed/Blight/Burn resistance values by 20%
▫️ Wyrd Reconstruction & Wyrd Reconstruction+ have been reworked
▫️ Base Crit value was removed from the Skill as this impacted both the Bleed's duration and chance to resist
▫️ The Skill no longer uses Crit tokens; these also negatively impacted the Bleed as above
▫️ The Skill still has a 5% (10% on upgrade) chance to critically heal as it did before; this is not reflected on the tooltip and is a known issue
▫️ Critical heal bonus raised to +100% from +50%
▫️ The Skill now has a +100% chance to critically heal when consuming 2 Unchecked Power

Plague Doctor
🔸 Magnesium Rain will now clear corpses on a miss, similarly to the Leper's Purge
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Monsters (General)
🔸 Fixed an issue causing certain monster attacks (e.g. the Hatchetman's Finishing Blow) to fail to respect Taunt Tokens
🔸 Fixed an issue with Hard mashes potentially spawning in early Biomes
Fanatics
🔸 Ignited Flayer's Searing Lunge now correctly applies Burn to target
Lost Battalion
🔸 Minimum damage of many Skills has been adjusted, resulting in slightly higher average damage values across the faction
Swine
🔸 Fixed an issue where Wilbur's Shattering Squeal was sometimes not AoE
🔸 Wilbur is now guaranteed to use Obliterate Body when he has a valid target for it

Diseases
🔸 Fixed an issue with the Brittle Bones penalty not displaying on the Conditions tab
Hero Shrine / Backstory Adjustments:
🔸 HWY Chap 1:
▫️ Rock throw no longer does any damage
▫️ Hwy dmg increased
🔸 HWY Chap 2:
▫️ Changed stagecoach buffing logic
▫️ Stagecoach buffs now 2 instead of 1 per enemy
▫️ Move skill removed
🔸 Leper Chap 2:
▫️ Advisor stab does more damage
▫️ Stress rebalancing
▫️ Whispered plots won't trigger when only 1 advisor is left
🔸 Occ Chap 3:
▫️ Ignore heals more now

Gameplay:
Friendly Skills should no longer consume CRIT tokens when they are not supposed too.
Trinket awarding and unlocking: Reduced trinket award rates due to "awash in trinkets" feedback. This should also help strengthen the trinket buying mechanic. Also revised trinket unlock levels to spread them out a bit more and also to ensure that there are no profile levels where NOTHING unlocks. Finally, moved Class trinket unlocks to ensure that they are always AFTER the Class itself unlocks, to stop the teasing.
🔸 Ghoul is no longer missing its corpse occasionally.
🔸 Fixed an issue with Inn Items that have a chance for +/- affinity, only giving negative if the relationship was at max positive.
🔸 Fixed an issue with Act Outs not triggering a Meltdown correctly if the stress was created on Turn start.
🔸 Stagecoach upgrade slots: they now unlock with profile level. A brand new profile will only have access to 1 upgrade slot.
🔸 Progression tuning: stretched out lower levels a bit more because some first runs were unlocking too many levels at once.
🔸 Pricing adjustments to Faction trinkets because for the same power they were half as pricey as non-faction Epics.
🔸 Fix to cultist story scouting buff from Lute and Dagger Inn so it actually scouts Cultist Territories
🔸 Lairs are now auto-scouted (part of the new trophy feature)
🔸 Removed ambush chance from mountain biome.

Interface
The minimap and character sheet can now be opened in the story screen by either right clicking on their portraits or using the hotkey “C” or “M” respectively.
The minimap is now toggleable in the store and hospital.
Added Biome Progress Label to show how far in your run you are.
🔸 Quirk flavor text is now italicized.
🔸 Biome Progress, and Leagues to Inn UI elements are now hidden at the Mountain.
🔸 Correctly using the plural of leagues when you have 0 leagues remaining.
🔸 Reformatted DoT tooltips when it has a chance to apply or not.
🔸 Fixed an issue with Hero route preference UI remaining active in Valley after a run abandon.
🔸 Hidden Tokens should no longer appear briefly in combat.
🔸 Fixed an issue with the target indicator link sometimes appearing in the wrong spot.
🔸 CURED pop text should no longer play when locking quirks at the hospital.
🔸 Fixed an issue with the Destroy Token effects tooltip to now show how many of them will be destroyed.
🔸 ESC key should now work to close all UI elements and tabs across the game.
🔸 Story Glyphs now correctly show losing Stress as good (gold) and gaining it as bad (blue).
🔸 Fixed a softlock issue when selecting cinematic replay and confession at the same time.
🔸 Various UI fixes
Other / Miscellaneous
Added more Hero Barks and edited/revised many of the existing ones.
🔸 Various typos fixed and language edits for added clarity.
🔸 Changing your language should now happen immediately and no longer require a restart.
🔸 Fixed an error related to attempting to apply start round effects to a dead/dying actor.
🔸 Added monitor number to selection dropdown text to differentiate identical monitors.
🔸 Dungeon dialog scrolling should feel better.
🔸 Fixed a visual issue with Hellion’s “If It Bleeds” making it difficult to see the enemy.
🔸 Updated the art assets for The Academic’s Study node.
🔸 Softlock fix for Man at Arms 2nd Hero Story combat.
🔸 Fixed an issue with new quirks replacing and not respecting locked quirks.
🔸 Various Animation and Visual Effects improvements and fixes.
🔸 Various cleaning up around animation states for Hero Act Outs
🔸 Performance optimizations across the game, particularly around the character sheet and relationship test screens.
🔸 Fix stagecoach ink trail VFX positioning
🔸 Fixed an issue with the character outline when viewing the model in the Alt Token View.

Audio
🔸 Add driving music bookmarking support. The music will now continue where it left off, rather than restarting. Get ready to enjoy all 25 minutes.
🔸 Fix return-from-valley-combat narration playing in game results after defeating the mountain boss.
🔸 Fix missing tooltip SFX for mastery point in driving UI biome goal reward.
🔸 Fix missing tooltip SFX on combat mutator and actor health bars.
🔸 Don't allow stagecoach upgrade screen close SFX spam while closing.
🔸 Fix some minor missing SFXs.
🔸 Fix enemy dying from DoT being counted by narration as a suicide.
🔸 Fix boss battle narration condition so it plays on the first fight.
🔸 The DoT narration should no longer play a second time if they have that DoT already.
🔸 Fix for DoT narration playing for Heal Over Time effects.
🔸 Fixed the Typewriter SFX for all bark cases (driving, combat, story choice, etc.)..

The Academic Speaks!
🔸 A variety of new narrator lines have been added, with an emphasis on situational combat triggers
🔸 We will continue to add more over the course of Early Access!
🔸 LOC text will come tomorrow or later this week

Known Issues:
🔸 Jumbo Trunk item art has been found and implemented.

temple fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 15, 2021

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Random thoughts

:chanpop:

Hellion is still not nerfed.

Graverobber is good. I feel like its bizzaro world with all the people calling her weak.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

quote:

Occultist
🔸 Malediction/Malediction+ now applies DOTs when the target is damaged rather than hit; non-damaging attacks will not trigger the effect but DOT ticks will
🔸 Malediction DOT damage increased to 2 points
🔸 Malediction+ now also reduces the target's Bleed/Blight/Burn resistance values by 20%
▫️ Wyrd Reconstruction & Wyrd Reconstruction+ have been reworked
▫️ Base Crit value was removed from the Skill as this impacted both the Bleed's duration and chance to resist
▫️ The Skill no longer uses Crit tokens; these also negatively impacted the Bleed as above
▫️ The Skill still has a 5% (10% on upgrade) chance to critically heal as it did before; this is not reflected on the tooltip and is a known issue
▫️ Critical heal bonus raised to +100% from +50%
▫️ The Skill now has a +100% chance to critically heal when consuming 2 Unchecked Power

This is pretty neat. So wyrd reconstruction can benefit from unchecked power which gives you even more options.

Malediction is now better as well. I'm wondering if separate DoTs stacked on the target trigger it as well? Because I'm thinking of a fun combo:

VS Dreaming General, get Malediction on him early on. Then use Plague Grenade and maybe another DoT if you can. You can keep hitting the taproot while keeping DoT on him, each DoT tick piles another tick of Malediction on him, that can get pretty bonkers after a few turns (then when the DoT is high enough maybe Cause of Death to finish him off).

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
its in this weird place where I'm actually quite liking a lot of what the game is throwing down, but the mid-late run death spiral is just so obnoxious to actually play through that I'm constantly looking at the "abandon run" button instead of wanting to see things through.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Der Waffle Mous posted:

its in this weird place where I'm actually quite liking a lot of what the game is throwing down, but the mid-late run death spiral is just so obnoxious to actually play through that I'm constantly looking at the "abandon run" button instead of wanting to see things through.
Depends on your hope level and unlocked skills. Once my skills were finished, I started finishing runs consistently. I'm starting to learn and exploit enemy behavior more. Without a wiki to detail everything, some enemies feel harder than they are.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

being able to exchange my worthless garbage relics for stress heal sounds very cool. I havent played in a long time but now will def jump back in to try this + try out the Occultist.

Also glad Wayne June is getting new lines over time; I was thinking he had way too little reactions to things, especially after the 3rd straight "there is comfort in company."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I thought the collector was supposed to be in this update? Glad they buffed Wicked Hack/Iron Swan. The healing debuff you'll get from Wicked Hack+ sounds useful because unlike the first game quite a few enemies can heal.

I'm also curious how they'll do additional chapters, since I doubt we'll see many new biomes. It'll be kind of a drag if each new chapter is virtually the same thing only a slightly different brain fight at the end.