Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

What about the Fairs Cup, or the Anglo-Italian Cup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

sebzilla posted:

five Spurs players were in the London XI that got knocked out of the 1955-1958 Fairs Cup

by the new EPL rules that's basically a full team

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/FootballlForAll/status/1473249987295424518

rofl

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Extremely funny considering the vaccine take up for the football league alone is about 30%, and by funny I mean for fucks sake

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Should offer a bonus 3 points to any team that can get 100% vacced before Christmas

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Extremely funny considering the vaccine take up for the football league alone is about 30%, and by funny I mean for fucks sake

https://twitter.com/papapishu/status/746803108949409793

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

sebzilla posted:

In 1971, Spurs played in the Anglo-Italian League Cup. Unfortunately, they won, beating Torino 3-0 on aggregate and shattering their dreams of being knocked out for the sake of a meme 50 years later.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Tierney in the VAR room for the Chelsea v Liverpool match :suicide:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
What do you think they're smoking over there at the Professional Game Match Officials Board?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Xabi posted:

What do you think they're smoking over there at the Professional Game Match Officials Board?

Whatever it is, they're hotboxing the VAR room to the point where they can't see the monitors clearly.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
:tinfoil:

https://twitter.com/mick_moran_/status/1473084285141893132?s=21

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

pretty sure the crowd at old trafford isn't close enough that the perspective would make sense for him to be in the front row there

:tinfoil:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
According to Clattenberg they release the VAR/ref audio in the Greek top division.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59736316

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/themichaelowen/status/1472673729075425280

lmao he's such a twat

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

the sex ghost posted:

Footballers are thick so I suppose this shouldn't be so shocking but jesus christ

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Just Chamber posted:

Footballers are thick so I suppose this shouldn't be so shocking but jesus christ

I'm willing to bet in at least some cases it's coaching staff discouraging it both because they're dickheads and also because they don't want to risk a player missing a day or two of training to side effects.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

There was a recent EFL survey of players that said 30% were not intending to get vaccinated at all.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

ZeeBoi posted:

Tierney in the VAR room for the Chelsea v Liverpool match :suicide:

Relax, Chelsea will be depleted enough to field their woman’s team by that point.

Poor long suffering Liverpoo fans.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Leicester still 0/5 on centre backs for tomorrow so that should be funny for the neutral

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

no, it's fine, as long as you have 13 left-backs you can definitely field a top-flight professional team and charge people £50 for the privilege of watching them

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

qirex posted:

There was a recent EFL survey of players that said 30% were not intending to get vaccinated at all.

trust in the purity of your body

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

and people make fun of PSG for having 9 professional goalkeepers on the books...

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

qirex posted:

43% aren't vaccinated, with 25% saying the won't.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1473586118692069376

I sense another bust cycle in the making

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Probably.

Can't really begrudge the African federations wanting to run their Euros/Copa America. And it's not like England is any less safe than Cameroon right now.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Fecafoot is a bit of a poo poo name.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

tarbrush posted:

Probably.

Can't really begrudge the African federations wanting to run their Euros/Copa America. And it's not like England is any less safe than Cameroon right now.

isnt cameroon also in the midst of a civil war

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
hasnt stopped Ukraine

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lmao, Man City somehow managed to con a broke Barcelona into paying €55+10m for Ferran Torres

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

TheRat posted:

lmao, Man City somehow managed to con a broke Barcelona into paying €55+10m for Ferran Torres

What on earth are Barca playing at?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

TheRat posted:

Didn’t City just get him?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eric Cantonese posted:

Didn’t City just get him?

They bought him for 1/3rd of that 16 months ago and he's played like 30 games since then

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

TheRat posted:

fully expecting this valuation to be based on powerful barcanomics where they pay 5m now and then 60m in three years on the assumption that they'll definitely be in the champions league final by then

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Torres is definitely an improvement on memphis depay, and probably an improvement on a retired sergio aguero, but man

just keep digging that hole barca

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Speaking as a Leeds fan: I can't think of any potential future problems with this spending strategy

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Didn't they take another bank loan that helps fund this? Also I'm sure Aguero will have been on fairly hefty wages

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

All the players they signed in the summer had massively reduced wages because Barcelona were extremely bound by the la liga wage cap

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1473987762709803017
https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1473988163072843777

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Was wondering when Leeds would get an outbreak as they've been quiet until now. Christmas is cancelled, see you all in the new year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

the sex ghost posted:

Was wondering when Leeds would get an outbreak as they've been quiet until now. Christmas is cancelled, see you all in the new year

If your players stop will they actually be able to get back up again?