Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Total Meatlove posted:

If your players stop will they actually be able to get back up again?

You're never gonna keep them down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Total Meatlove posted:

If your players stop will they actually be able to get back up again?

I'm sure Bielsa's getting his Kevin McAllister Christmas training course set up to keep them busy during the downtime

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

No. NO!!!!!!!!!

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

we could arrange a boxing day watchalong for a classic game instead

like that villa vs stoke (I think) goalless draw that had no shots and actively provoked people to self-harm

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

FullLeatherJacket posted:

we could arrange a boxing day watchalong for a classic game instead

like that villa vs stoke (I think) goalless draw that had no shots and actively provoked people to self-harm

That sounds like an excellent idea op. Idk if we'd make one of those weird synchtube things or just click on the link bang on 3:00. You'd also have to find an actual match and not some guy commentating over a still image for 90 minutes. A world cup final maybe?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
If someone can find a match on YouTube or really any streaming service you could easily do this on the trp discord. We did a couple of watchalongs during the euros and we all heard each other’s weird rear end voices and it was fun.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Gigi Galli posted:

If someone can find a match on YouTube or really any streaming service you could easily do this on the trp discord. We did a couple of watchalongs during the euros and we all heard each other’s weird rear end voices and it was fun.

:agreed:

I also had a dumb idea to do this with classic rivalry matches a la Fan Zone but I think it was determined no one else would subject themselves to this.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
There are a few complete classic matches on Youtube but surprisingly few, even the big US sports are not as aggressive about keeping full games off Youtube as the European leagues are apparently.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1474010171403812872

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
FFS Boxing Day RUINED

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The club's all chose not to suspend the league so the league isn't going to give them sympathy for covid cases

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Baldiola posted:

“Should the players and the managers be all together and make a strike? Just through words it’s not going to be solved. For Fifa, the Premier League, the broadcasters, the business is more important than their welfare. The simplest example is all around the world they have five substitutions; here it’s still three. Tell me one argument to take care of players’ welfare than this one? Here, where everyone decides for themselves, we didn’t do it.”

Putting away my 'cancel the league' drum and getting my even bigger drum labelled 'player strike'

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Wonder what would happen if they did tbh

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1474041911400931337

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Xabi posted:

FFS Boxing Day RUINED

*taps the sign*

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

Wonder what would happen if they did tbh

Sudden increase in 'WIN a chance to play for your favourite team!!' competitions

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
if the clubs and the league are going to force them to play because of broadcasting contracts then all the players should just kick off and then sit down on the grass for 90 minutes, i'm sure sky are really interested in broadcasting that

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
lol if you think 95% of the players give a poo poo about covid and won't spend the entire impromptu holiday break in clubs

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

vyelkin posted:

if the clubs and the league are going to force them to play because of broadcasting contracts then all the players should just kick off and then sit down on the grass for 90 minutes, i'm sure sky are really interested in broadcasting that
The players who get on are going to be giving it their best shot. Imagine you're a fringe or youth player who's never started a league game, you ain't going to be doing a sit down protest on your debut. It's the managers who are pissed off because they are being forced to put out weakened teams.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

I love the story in this ad but all the shakeycam just wrecks me.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Clubs that can't field a team and therefore depriving us of boxing day foot should have to forfeit with a double point deduction

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Clubs that can't field a team and therefore depriving us of boxing day foot should have to forfeit with a double point deduction

But only if it's the clubs I don't like.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

This seems fair

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

On the contrary the selfless teams that have sensibly decided to cancel to try and flatten the curve should be given bonus points and immunity from relegation

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

And now this is off too. Shock horror.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but poor BURNLEY.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://www.instagram.com/p/CX20D8ZKeCa/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Happy Chrimbo everybody!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Raphina to Bayern on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas!

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

Raphina to Bayern on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas!

Think how many academy players bielsa can buy with that

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

greazeball posted:

Happy Chrimbo everybody!

That’s the spirit

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
A merry Xmas to all TRP posters, even the poo poo ones*

Hope Santa Claus lundekvam has left you all a prolific striker/rock solid midfielder/tricky winger/all of the above (delete according to team needs)

*All posters are good

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Happy Christmas everyone

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Merry Christmas to all my posting pals on this blessed day. I hope you’ll eat, drink and beat the poo poo out of your Tory uncle

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Merry Christmas to all

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Merry Christmas TRP

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Happy Holidays!

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
https://twitter.com/guyatolla/status/1474775772099403779?s=21

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

it is at times like these we remember the wise words of the iron sheik

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/1474603936757817344?s=20

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
May your xG* ratio be high this Christmas, TRP

* excellent gifts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Merry Christmas everybody. Mods please make John Terry's Christmas present to his wife the profile picture for all the Chelsea fans

https://twitter.com/JohnTerry26/status/1474785384030683142?t=vTZWdPDjqFpeDyhsEsfVhA&s=19