Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Google Butt posted:

The silicone north Honeywells are very comfortable for me, way more so than a vented paper mask.

lol whatever works for you but im sure people will find wearing a paper surgical mask much more comfortable than a loving sealed mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao the most democrat response possible

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Stereotype posted:

we’ll be in a much better position nationally for the inevitable climate wars if we have a much smaller population and also most of them have permanent lung and brain damage.

I'm thinking more along the lines of killing/disabling as many people who could cause problems for the upper class as possible. All we have to do is make sure countries with populations likely to trouble the billionaire class suffer as much or more than we do. It's not as if we'll have a shortage of bodies to serve Number once abortion is outlawed.

This is definitely something I truly believe and not just loving around online. :tinfoil:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

A Bakers Cousin posted:

lol whatever works for you but im sure people will find wearing a paper surgical mask much more comfortable than a loving sealed mask

oh word? a mask that doesn't seal at all is more comfortable than one that does? that's crazy bro

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Loucks posted:

yeah, and we don't even get comedy most of the time. cursed.

pretty much the only reason the previous admin was better imo

okay well and we actually gave people money directly but a lot of that was bernie

dems win on social issues but they're also amazingly bad at them and just as disconnected from reality as aversge republican officials. the dems gave us gay marriage but only after 30 or 40 years of people screaming 'we're loving dying over here you soulless monstrosities' at them. they've adopted woke language because it helps them with youth votes in polls and their stronghold states, not because they believe in progress or doing good things.

we've seen entire mountain ranges of evidence thst the dems do not care about doing things that help people.

I'd also love president bernie with dual VPs Feigl-Ding and Leonardi, hell legit just put Xi in power and then we can argue about what american social aspects that don't match up that we do want to keep. And ya the republicans are hyper regressive fascists. None of this makes dems good by any stretch.

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

Someone who was already basically ready to die may not have been the best choice for pres

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Pillowpants posted:

Lets be honest - if Trump was re-elected he would be out there saying he cured the whole loving thing and that COVID doesnt exist anymore - that everyone just has a cold or the flu.

I prefer my government to be a bunch of inept and ineffective morons (democrats) and not blatantly evil fascists (republicans.

Republicans are all little Goebbels, libs are all little Eichmanns.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Bernie is a piece of poo poo. Why would anyone vote for that loser?

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Once again I am asking you to vote for a racist kiddiefiddler.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Google Butt posted:

oh word? a mask that doesn't seal at all is more comfortable than one that does? that's crazy bro

lol ok get defensive about your stupid post

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Almost 119k on Worldometers with 19/50 states reporting and not including NY, FL and a number of other big case loads from yesterday... :eyepoop:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
lol nearly 10% of total cases in hawaii throughout the entire pandemic were in the last week.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

some poo poo is better than other poo poo maybe i guess

anyway, time to deliver christmas presents of n95s for all and clothes and alcohol for the people i like while breaking the news to my family as late as possible that i won't be attending any christmas gatherings this year. or any year as long as covid remains prevalent at all.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
don’t worry though!!! despite hospitals already saying that they are near the breaking point and no realistic way to ship sick people to other states, the mayor of Honolulu has pledged that he isn’t going to do anything and that you should get vaccinated (nearly 80% of the island is vaccinated already)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

A Bakers Cousin posted:

lol ok get defensive about your stupid post

What was stupid about it? All I said is that the silicone north Honeywell mask is more comfortable for me than a paper mask.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Google Butt posted:

The only people left healthy will be everyone with terminal engineer brain who understand loving fluid dynamics and redundant safety measures.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zugzwang posted:

Does Gandhi get money from billionaire libertarians like Oster does?

She's part of whatever the hell this is:

https://www.covidcollaborative.us/team/monica-gandhi

Scroll to the bottom to see all the foundations/corporations that fund it:

https://www.covidcollaborative.us/about

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Loucks posted:

:hmmyes: just preppin for the water wars/climate refugees.

one cheap answer to climate change is using a bio weapon to kill or sterilize 95% of the worlds population, while using a proprietary vaccine or treatment to preserve a much smaller population. in that sense, covid (up until omicron) has been a win-win if you’re a billionaire with no morals: make a bunch of money while millions of poors die, and you’re safe with the finest mRNA vaccines and antibodies money can buy. less people for your drones to shoot later.

the funniest possible answer would be that Covid was the US attempting to deploy just such a weapon against China. our leaders banked on using the mRNA vaccines they already had in development, while rising China got broken in half, but we botched it horribly and scored the biggest own-goal in human history :hmmrona:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

E Depois do Adeus posted:

I just had a flashback to the Democrats in China WeChat group about 2 years ago when this one prick was arguing passionately that milquetoast was a homophobic slur

lol

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Some people just prefer getting sick and dead to looking a little different.

salient
Jan 2, 2021

A Bakers Cousin posted:

it really depends on the p100s attached to the mask ime. i get short of breath wearing 3m hardshell p100s but honeywell p100 filter cartridges are fantastic. i feel fine working cardiac arrests in my honeywell elastomeric but do get short of breath working codes in surgical masks, standard n95s, and with the 3m p100s. ymmv!

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Stereotype posted:

lol nearly 10% of total cases in hawaii throughout the entire pandemic were in the last week.

My friends are in Hawaii now for their Christmas vacation

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

A Bakers Cousin posted:

lol remember when we clapped at 5pm

remember when there was a military jet flyover in nyc in honor of nurses for some reason

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Stereotype posted:

we’ll be in a much better position nationally for the inevitable climate wars if we have a much smaller population and also most of them have permanent lung and brain damage.

that just means we'll get our poo poo kicked in by china even harder than we already were going to. that doesn't sound like a good position at all

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Shear Modulus posted:

remember when there was a military jet flyover in nyc in honor of nurses for some reason

there ain't been that many foreigners to bomb lately so it gave 'em something to do for a while

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

If there's one thing New Yorker's love it's low flying aircraft.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Strep Vote posted:

The only people left healthy will be everyone with terminal engineer brain who understand loving fluid dynamics and redundant safety measures.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

McNugget Buddy posted:

Right off the bat we have two insurance companies and the Waltons, so lol

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Google Butt posted:

Better to wear something than not at all. If you want to have a good seal, you have to shave your beard, and I sure as gently caress ain't doing that.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

McNugget Buddy posted:

Sounds about right

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shear Modulus posted:

that just means we'll get our poo poo kicked in by china even harder than we already were going to. that doesn't sound like a good position at all

https://twitter.com/HelenBranswell/status/1473143812679770113

libs are bloodthirsty

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Better to wear something than not at all. If you want to have a good seal, you have to shave your beard, and I sure as gently caress ain't doing that.

alright.

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Once you have parkinsons you wont be able to hold the razor anyway

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I know so many people who understand the importance of masks, are concerned about covid infection, and yet still refuse to shave their beards.

Wild poo poo, yall. It'll grow back. So long as you make it through the whole pandemic thing.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1474121995906387971?s=21

gonna be a big day

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Start Spreading the Nu's

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I know so many people who understand the importance of masks, are concerned about covid infection, and yet still refuse to shave their beards.

Wild poo poo, yall. It'll grow back. So long as you make it through the whole pandemic thing.

that rests on the assumption that the pandemic will have an end, which, uh,

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Telling the truth, he didn't do it 2 months ago because it wasn't his idea yet.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Nu Year of Nu Viruses and Nu Death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Goobish posted:

Yes in fact I had 5 people ask me if I'm okay today and I had to explain comedy to them

i mean if you have to explain comedy to 5 sets of people you’re fuckin it up friend