Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

worldmeters not currently looking promising folks!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Is China requiring two weeks quarantine for all athletes just like they do for all other international visitors? If so I'm looking forward to all of the whining by western athletes and maybe if we're lucky we'll get to laugh at any that attempt to break quarantine and get shitcanned out of the country

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Louisgod posted:

going to continue reading books, playing video games and completing more paint by numbers for adults for like the next two years it looks like

If able take up gardening

I dug a trench and planted 50 daffodil bulbs earlier. 208 bulbs left!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Slider posted:

worldmeters not currently looking promising folks!!

250k with 10 states not reporting yet, lmao

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

ayyyy im infectin other passengers and my family heaaaah

https://twitter.com/GrrlMD/status/1473829878927552514

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Just saying that this is exactly how I would play a virus in Plague Inc. Slowly build my way up the skill tree until I finally unlock the highest transmissivity then immediately turn off everything that causes symptoms.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Grim Reaper loading celery and onions into his shopping cart. please, no autographs. I have a lot of work to do and I am very busy today

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i love covid. i love getting covid.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Is anyone here also shocked that mass death is totally fine now? I feel kinda weird man maybe I took too much

Zoracle Zed
Jul 10, 2001
any worker in particular?

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

Steve Yun posted:

Grim Reaper loading celery and onions into his shopping cart. please, no autographs. I have a lot of work to do and I am very busy today
So's there a story behind EXHALE FILTER label or are ya just being proactive? Love the look tho

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

I love you.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

meet girls at the store posted:

eta: if you have enough hair you can also just put your hair in a bun (or buns) and loop the ear loops over the bun(s), it’s super tight and secure.

I was doing this with my kn95 before upping to aura and it's definitely a huge difference

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Steve Yun posted:

badass

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Goobish posted:

Is anyone here also shocked that mass death is totally fine now? I feel kinda weird man maybe I took too much

Pretty sure it would have been fine before it just didn't happen like it has been recently but I'm sure everyone would have been okay with it

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Goobish posted:

Now that Biden is president, the brunch crowd thinks everything is fine, even the things (like the singing nurses with a maskless Dr Jill standing nearby) that they would have rightly mocked under Trump. And I think the death toll has been easy to ignore for well-to-do people who don’t follow the covid tracking dashboards or work in healthcare.

Omicron is probably gonna change that real quick.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

McNugget Buddy posted:

Flights being grounded while everyone's on vacation would be fantastic

Hope you can afford a hotel for a month

Planes Trains and Automobiles remake but the John Candy character dies of covid and comorbidities when they get home

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Steve Yun posted:

division 3 looking good.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Steve Yun posted:

Very nice

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Steve Yun posted:

If I told 12 year old me that it would one day be not only acceptable to dress like that in public, but in fact necessary, I would be so excited for the future.
Lol.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Vim Fuego posted:

Planes Trains and Automobiles remake but the John Candy character dies of covid and comorbidities when they get home

oh come on, john candy bein' dead is already sad enough

Goobish
May 31, 2011

facetoucher cat posted:

Pretty sure it would have been fine before it just didn't happen like it has been recently but I'm sure everyone would have been okay with it

Yeah guess I'll just keep choppin' wood and haulin' water. Good luck fam

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

https://twitter.com/localhost941/status/1474064985630429184?s=19

i think we would've been better off if they had just closed the cdc entirely

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Fiz, just discharge any patients that refuse the vaccine from your care for refusing medical advice. Will save you a huge headache down the road once they are in the neuroicu with covid.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

blatman posted:

just swap out the innards of a weed test with a covid test and when u test positive on the weed test send them a picture of that

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Steve Yun posted:

incredible drip :discourse:

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

facetoucher cat posted:

A couple days ago my husband had a biopsy and was under general. When the nurse brought him out she was dick nosing a cloth mask and had a rattling cough

we just had a baby and a lot of folks were dick nosin' their masks

thankfully my cousin, a former L&D nurse at that facility, wasn't working because she refused to vax and got fired

she's now telling my entire family that the vaccines are making people sick and nobody has covid anymore

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/KnowNothingTV/status/1474134769827033088

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

isaboo posted:

I didn't say most, and there are people on this very forum that despise their family and have :sever: over covid bullshit

also just callin' it like I see it, based on irl comments in my area

I remember getting mocked a little in the previous thread for saying that people are going to die because they think family is trustworthy, but in a plague you cannot trust anyone, especially family. :)

I was right.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

euphronius posted:

sorry for the inconvenie

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

:coronatoot:

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

what's cool is that we're utilizing a genetic learning system the size of a planet to teach a virus how to escape immune response, so ...

When people say "there's just no way to predict if another, worse variant will emerge", remember that we are pitting a genetic algorithm running 10^10 generations per second against a problem with a local maximum involving like....12 amino acid substitutions.,

lol

lmao

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
my brother in law just told me omicron is mild, my loving voice is gone from post nasal drip so I 8 be like are you serious?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
open

biden

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
:911:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/23/sen-chris-coons-and-pentagon-staffers-have-covid-kamala-harris-is-negative.html posted:

Sen. Chris Coons, seven staffers who traveled with Defense deputy secretary have Covid
  • Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., tested positive for Covid-19, becoming the 10th member of Congress to contract the virus this month.
  • Seven Pentagon staffers, who accompanied Deputy Defense Secretary Kathleen Hicks on a domestic trip last week, also tested positive.
  • President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris tested negative after being in contact with people who had contracted the virus.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Morbus posted:

When people say "there's just no way to predict if another, worse variant will emerge", remember that we are pitting a genetic algorithm running 10^10 generations per second against a problem with a local maximum involving like....12 amino acid substitutions.,

lol

lmao

Yup. We are very hosed.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Strep Vote posted:

Yup. We are very hosed.

:toot:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Steve Yun posted:

a hideo kojima game

directed by hideo kojima

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
what if I just lie about being sick. who would know? certainly not my work. do they even check?? i could just say I popped positive and then just….not go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Doctor posted:

what if I just lie about being sick. who would know? certainly not my work. do they even check?? i could just say I popped positive and then just….not go!

the only time they don't check is when you say you *aren't* sick