Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

facetoucher cat posted:

A couple days ago my husband had a biopsy and was under general. When the nurse brought him out she was dick nosing a cloth mask and had a rattling cough

Had a good run!*

*no I didn't

The respiratory therapist that came down with the icu patient was coughing all over the loving place it was super cool.

Lmao that I've never seen staff wearing proper gowns/gloves/etc for transporting covid patients. It might scare people seeing you in the hallway and joint commission will write you up if you have GLOVES on outside a patient room!

Yeah you loving dipshits that doesn't count in the setting of actively handling an infectious disease patient also maybe how about not sending airborne infectious disease patients all around the hospital for low probability rule out bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

The senate should be dissolved but I will settle for their lungs

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Gio posted:

better yet catch covid so you dont have to lie

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Strep Vote posted:

I remember getting mocked a little in the previous thread for saying that people are going to die because they think family is trustworthy, but in a plague you cannot trust anyone, especially family. :)

I was right.

Yeah my grandmother, who lives in the other side of a double house with me, is annoyed that people "aren't doing what they're supposed to." She and my grandfather have been going to church the entire pandemic, went out to eat at least a few times, and go to hockey and baseball games. She claims they "don't really go anywhere." At least they wear the kf94s I bought them, but I only did that after the waning efficacy studies came out because I assumed I would have gotten pushback before then.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
YMMV, but my local Kaiser Permanente seems cool with me wearing an elastomeric

if I could get past security I would sneak into peoples rooms and tell them I’m here to guide them to the next place

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

Grim Reaper loading celery and onions into his shopping cart. please, no autographs. I have a lot of work to do and I am very busy today

Almighty Ken
Nov 5, 2006

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
when do we think the first official 1,000,000 new case day will be?

i know with uncounted cases we're already way over 1,000,000 new cases a day.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Lastgirl posted:

open

biden

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
The app for the camera I use to look at squirrels and birds is trying to sell me covid tests

Only registered members can see post attachments!

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Morbus posted:

When people say "there's just no way to predict if another, worse variant will emerge", remember that we are pitting a genetic algorithm running 10^10 generations per second against a problem with a local maximum involving like....12 amino acid substitutions.,

lol

lmao

we should really reserve ‘omega’ for the version that binds to ACE2 receptors 1000x more strongly than our own antibodies. that one’s gonna slap

i tried to warn my boss about omicron almost a month ago, but back then it was just weird nerd poo poo on github. nobody cares anymore. everyone’s still flying to visit family for the holidays.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
doing the sign language gestures for 'open biden' to ward off the covid spirits before i de-mask to eat my applebees mac and cheese

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

YMMV, but my local Kaiser Permanente seems cool with me wearing an elastomeric

if I could get past security I would sneak into peoples rooms and tell them I’m here to guide them to the next place

when I eventually get covid and am dying I'm putting you on the visitor's list.

Almighty Ken posted:

when do we think the first official 1,000,000 new case day will be?

i know with uncounted cases we're already way over 1,000,000 new cases a day.

I don't think we can literally manage to test that much.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

I like how Pelosi repeats "OPEN BIDEN" incredulously at the end there.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Doctor posted:

what if I just lie about being sick. who would know? certainly not my work. do they even check?? i could just say I popped positive and then just….not go!

I'll loving lie all day who cares anymore, mass death

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
open

biden

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Dog Case posted:

The app for the camera I use to look at squirrels and birds is trying to sell me covid tests

I have Wyze too and my person detection is completely ruined by all these goddamn ads they keep pushing to my phone lately. Is the poo poo head neighbor kid throwing rocks at my house again? Nope false alarm it's just another lovely ad :argh:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Horseshoe theory posted:

I like how Pelosi repeats "OPEN BIDEN" incredulously at the end there.

I also repeat "OPEN BIDEN" incredulously

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
open....biden....

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

its funny how mad being consistent, firm, and secure makes people.

some people i know are really annoyed by my covid posting on social media and theyre constantly looking for hypocrisy to point out, but they literally cannot find any because it's not there. lmao

Goobish
May 31, 2011

At this point you cab just steal someone's poz test and say it's yours then don't loving go to work

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

lol half a million cov+ by Christmas
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1474179803767054337?s=20

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

McNugget Buddy posted:

Dumb thought - could we just infect everyone with a common cold coronavirus as a prophylactic against COVID?

Or could you be infected with both at once?

there was a study recently that people who had recently had a common cold prior to their cov2 infection had significantly worse outcomes against covid

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

737 coming out of the sky
cancelling my flight, try to catch the red eye
i want to move
covid in a travelin band
well im flyin cross the land, tryin to get a hand
covid in a travelin band

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Steve Yun posted:

Grim Reaper loading celery and onions into his shopping cart. please, no autographs. I have a lot of work to do and I am very busy today

can we get NORAD to add the grim reaper to the santa tracker tomorrow?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

boop boop boop, your lungs are goop

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

notably slow travel day, thank goodness

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Goobish posted:

At this point you cab just steal someone's poz test and say it's yours then don't loving go to work

lol i forgot about people faking positive tests to get out of work

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Lastgirl posted:

open

biden

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Multiple positives at my work in the past few days. We had managed only two prior cases for the entire pandemic. I’m sure it’s fine

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Covid is doing really well, good job everyone :coronatoot:

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

had to tell youtube to stop recommending me the 'Heavy Gear Women Fetish' youtube channel after watching a video on gas masks linked in this thread

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the fact that everyone is getting sick is good news for public health

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

the fact that everyone is getting sick is good news for public health

If you don't have natural immunity to Omicron by March 1st, Monica Gandhi will march you at gunpoint to the local Applebee's

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

How does every single hcw not get sick in the next few days

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

elastomerics and paprs

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

why is cspam so dead set on saying that it's not endemic?

endemic = R of 1, we have an R of 5, it's not only endemic, it's endemic FIVE TIMES OVER :smug:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soap Scum posted:

why is cspam so dead set on saying that it's not endemic?

endemic = R of 1, we have an R of 5, it's not only endemic, it's endemic FIVE TIMES OVER :smug:

5-sided pandemic would be a pendemic, right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I just woke up from having passed out I guess with a fever and nausea and dry cough uh oh