Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

dogsicle posted:

but how does it compare to a pancake

Sorry, I don't believe in God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

is this the B^U of manga

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

is this the B^U of manga

Only in the more recent installments as the author has been very sick for a while now and updates the manga sporadically at best

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Larryb posted:

Only in the more recent installments as the author has been very sick for a while now and updates the manga sporadically at best

That page is a parody edit lmao

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well the coco pops part is fake but it basically does look like a light novel as that arc goes on

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've seen the page it's based on, my point was that it's very funny that that poster clearly didn't read any of it and still immediately identified it

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Arist posted:

That page is a parody edit lmao

Ah, wasn’t looking carefully. But to be fair that page has become enough of a meme at this point that most HxH fans could probably recognize it by sight.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Dec 24, 2021

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Larryb posted:

'more recent' is burying the lede!!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Patware posted:

'more recent' is burying the lede!!

True, I think the last one was like a couple years ago at best

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 24, 2021

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

2018 i think

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

is this the B^U of manga

idk what B^U means.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Patware posted:

2018 i think

Yeah, I just looked it up: November 26th to be exact (and I don’t believe there’s been much in the way of news from the creator one way or the other so it’s kind of on an indefinite hiatus at this point)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Arist posted:

I've seen the page it's based on, my point was that it's very funny that that poster clearly didn't read any of it and still immediately identified it

apparently this is all of us

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

my nen has the properties of jesus and dracula

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

curses i couldn't quote your typo fast enough

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my nen has the properties of digging through ditches and burning through witches

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

please dont sing dragula

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

My Hero Academia had like three pages relatively recently that were dangerously approaching HxH levels and it was kinda hilarious.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

also it's based on the mangastream translation, which had more than double the words of the official translation.

I mean, rather, that the panels in that edited manga have text that is derived from the unofficial translation produced by a certain group that refer to themselves (and watermark their translations) as 'mangastream'; this group has been notorious - and for good reason - for having verbosity that can be considered to be on a completely different level, especially compared to the official translation which uses less than half as many words per panel in order to communicate the same information, but it can't be helped.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

What's his robot got, some kinda Gundam Wing?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Lmao

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm happy this made it into the anime.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Acerbatus posted:

I'm happy this made it into the anime.

does she learn to use the blade mode

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Kild posted:

idk what B^U means.

Rotate it ninety degrees; that's what every face in webcomic ctrl-alt-del looks like, and one of the characteristics it's most known for.
Aside from Loss.jpg, claiming "a miscarriage is often harder on the man", using way, way too many words to deliver a joke, and his boring copy and paste art style that is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frankly in the year 2021 im gonna say crtl alt del was better than penny arcade

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for starters: the actual line is 'a miscarriage is often harder on the woman,' the miscarriage plot was incredibly stupid and handled poorly but done sincerely based on his own real life experiences with a partner of his having a miscarriage, his art style actually changed somewhat as time went on and there was some attempt to improve, and the most the guy ever did was try and sell physical volumes of the comic and some merch, and attempt a really cheap flash cartoon, and now he just occasionally makes comics

versus the penny arcade dickwolves poo poo where the penny arcade guys made a lame rape joke which, whatever, but then furiously defended it and made fun of actual victims, made a convention that got way too important for its own good, and the comic looks hideous these days, and every comic is accompanied by a 10000 word think piece about why undertale isnt a video game and his daughter is stupid for liking it

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
they sold dickwolf shirts too

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Penny Arcade looks horrible today and is stupid dad poo poo but the dickwolves comic was funny and they were great at its prime

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

meanwhile, in vgcats,

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Actually, no video game webcomic was good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Acerbatus posted:

Actually, no video game webcomic was good.

Sex webcomics will always be superior

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I finally caught up with vgcats

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I like Awkward Zombie

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

https://twitter.com/g0m/status/1295646652380917761?s=21

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wanking heavily, ceaselessly, to the vgcats

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mister Facetious posted:

Sex webcomics will always be superior

2022 is the year of moon over june

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Fangz posted:

I like Awkward Zombie

It’s pretty good, it gave us that pretty good Phoenix Wright meme.