Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

PoorWeather posted:

I mean, the first two responses to Cythereal's post was just two people giving "you have a lovely opinion" one liners. I wouldn't really call that discussion, IMO.

Idk, maybe they are some really well-established FFXIV hater who never posts anything but negativity and everyone is just sick of it,

Again like people replied to your last post about it yes there's history there you don't know.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Again like people replied to your last post about yes there's history there you don't know.

History that extends into at least two other MMOs for some people I believe.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
In fairness, you all did get to actually dissecting the reasons Cythereal's ideas sucked. That's an improvement.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I haven't fate camped in UT but I have done all the sidequests there and I was legitimately upset when the music cut out for the cutscenes in the sidequests.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Clarste posted:

The song is called Hic Svnt Leones (Here Be Lions) and is about vicious animals eating people alive.

specifically it could be read to be about vampires as well

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Dryzen posted:

it's a good song sorry haters

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
PAN! DAE! MONIUM!

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Blockhouse posted:

PAN! DAE! MONIUM!

WIII-LD FRE-AKS

It is a good rear end song, and I’m pretty sure the villain is going to believe that the Ancients should take their place as all powerful gods. Embracing their monstrous transformations and most dangerous creations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

specifically it could be read to be about vampires as well

"could be"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

one time i set a song i loved as my morning alarm tone and that was a mistake

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No, never do that.

Honestly, cycle your alarm tones around a bit so you don't get miserable with it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Hey random point but I wanted to talk about Garlemald in Endwalker for a little bit. Specifically, I wanted to talk about the imperial theme.

For the entire game, the Imperial Theme is kind of a meme. Mostly because it's attached to Gaius's rants in Praetorium, but still. I never really took scenes seriously when it played because of that, and how it usually preluded villains being all mustache twirly. I wasn't expecting to ever feel differently about it. But the scenes that happen in Garlemald early on establish the people listening to their "version" of the theme through the radio. The atmosphere is bleak and depressing, of course, so it began to put the song, itself, in a bit of a new light for me.

I didn't FULLY change my mind though until the Quintus scene. You know the one. I wasn't expecting this memey song to make me feel real emotion the way it was used there. Sure you could say plenty of words about how things didn't have to be that way or it was a little overblown or the politics didn't make sense but solely thinking about the human aspect of all that really stuck with me. The music in this game, it really is something, you know?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

So like I know loporrits are the best thing this video game but what I don't understand is how. How is everything about them just so good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Spudd posted:

So like I know loporrits are the best thing this video game but what I don't understand is how. How is everything about them just so good.

rabbits is cute

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I think it's their personality that makes them really enjoyable. They aren't just small, cute, and goofy, they also have a lot of responsibility and are always just-barely-not completely melting down under the stress at any given moment. Livingway's voice actress is perfect.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Spudd posted:

They are both dumb and cute BUT, and this is important, competent. They have access to incredible technology and magical knowledge that dwarfs anything known by anyone on the surface, but are too sweetly naive to get up to anything sinister with it, except by accident.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Also I felt like a dope because I just realized today that Asahi and Amon had basically the same motivations driving them. Asahi was obsessed with Zenos and would have absolutely torched the world for him if Yotsuyu hadn't gotten cross with him first, and likewise Amon had the same feelings and devotion to Xande.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Xande has big Zenos vibes too

fake edit: I didn't mean big as in that Allag folks made themselves huge, but also that too

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Amon has a type and that type is huge, nihilistic emperors.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Chillgamesh posted:

Also I felt like a dope because I just realized today that Asahi and Amon had basically the same motivations driving them. Asahi was obsessed with Zenos and would have absolutely torched the world for him if Yotsuyu hadn't gotten cross with him first, and likewise Amon had the same feelings and devotion to Xande.
Fandaniel could have likely used Yotsuyu's corpse the way he used Asahi's, the playbook might not have even been that different. Asahi's slavering devotion would have become slightly more literal soon enough.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Chillgamesh posted:

I think it's their personality that makes them really enjoyable. They aren't just small, cute, and goofy, they also have a lot of responsibility and are always just-barely-not completely melting down under the stress at any given moment. Livingway's voice actress is perfect.

Also they too feel the pain of last-minute project spec changes. I feel you, Buildingway.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Zomborgon posted:

Xande has big Zenos vibes too

fake edit: I didn't mean big as in that Allag folks made themselves huge, but also that too

both made pacts with voidsent and they both got towers too!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

"Lopporits are the best thing in this video game" is untrue. Lopporits are actually kind of mediocre. Puddingway, who is my friend and deserves the world, is an outlier adn should not have been counted.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hellioning posted:

"Lopporits are the best thing in this video game" is untrue. Lopporits are actually kind of mediocre. Puddingway, who is my friend and deserves the world, is an outlier adn should not have been counted.
I have not forgiven that loving rabbit for giving me a loving scare that they were all gonna start turning into blasphemies now

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hellioning posted:

Puddingway isn't even the best lopporit, Livingway is.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nessus posted:

I have not forgiven that loving rabbit for giving me a loving scare that they were all gonna start turning into blasphemies now

Consider that that is what makes him the best.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If you didn't do the Puddingway sidequest you can't call yourself a Friend of Puddingway.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Cheatingway was a good name for a Triple Triad player.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

All loporrits are good and are my friends

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lord_Magmar posted:

WIII-LD FRE-AKS

It is a good rear end song, and I’m pretty sure the villain is going to believe that the Ancients should take their place as all powerful gods. Embracing their monstrous transformations and most dangerous creations.

Yeah, and they will probably spout some drivel about how society is lazy and that only those who push the limits should live or something.

It feels like the ancients in Pandaemonium are going to be half mind control victims, half ancients who joined up because this place is basically a weapons lab and all the people who didn't like the current culture of the ancients self-selected jobs as warders.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

My hot take with the elementals is real life would be better if we had genocidal tree spirits that hosed us up when we screwed up the environment too badly, so maybe they're a good thing.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Pharohman777 posted:

Yeah, and they will probably spout some drivel about how society is lazy and that only those who push the limits should live or something.

It feels like the ancients in Pandaemonium are going to be half mind control victims, half ancients who joined up because this place is basically a weapons lab and all the people who didn't like the current culture of the ancients self-selected jobs as warders.

Eh, I got the impression that it's leading up to a "mad scientist using forbidden magicks to revive his dead wife" kinda thing. First of all why else would they even mention Athena, and second of all there's this obsession with immortality in particular, not just strength.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Something I just noticed is that for the entirety of Ultima Thule from the moment you step off the Ragnarok to the moment where you get off Zenos post-Endsinger, you're always moving upwards. Cool marriage of narrative themes and level design.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/allaganeyes/status/1474267923380195334?s=21

Cat gay, so what.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Wait is the dancer questline literally a story about Dynamis in disguise?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Natural 20 posted:

Yes, and it's brilliant.

You can even find an NPC in Radz-at-Han after the MSQ using the exact same language as the Dancer quests.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

No, never do that.

Honestly, cycle your alarm tones around a bit so you don't get miserable with it.

my alarm theme for 12 years has been battle on the big bridge and i get up happy every morning

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
For the record the best one is Mappingway because he has the best voice

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

He's right, Estinien is the hottest scion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Natural 20 posted:

It's not only a story about Dynamis, it's a warning that there is something out there singing a song that only people completely lost to despair can hear, and they are compelled to dance themselves to death to it.