Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

StormDrain posted:

Also I learned that same lesson, if you see plates or bowls you like buy all of them. My favorite bowls are from there and I only have four. They are the most used dishes in our home.

I got this set on my last adventure and I really like them a lot:

The quality is really really nice. I'm hoping I can get a lot of use out of them, at least as much as stoneware is capable of before it eventually gets chipped from my clumsy handling :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I can't help but assume that the heater in the inflatable hot tub is also pretty cheap and might take too long or be ineffective at temperatures where a hot tub is most awesome.

I still want one though

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

FogHelmut posted:

4 jamones.

More like 8

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Knot My President! posted:

I got this set on my last adventure and I really like them a lot:

The quality is really really nice. I'm hoping I can get a lot of use out of them, at least as much as stoneware is capable of before it eventually gets chipped from my clumsy handling :negative:

Big soup guy, eh?

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.
I just did something that I've never done as a Costco member for 15 years: 2 Costcos in one day.

I initially went south to avoid the madness that is the Pentagon Costco (Yes there is one right near our nations seat of defense) only to not find the floodlights I wanted. After shopping there I had to drive back north and was successful. Having perused both stores I was actually surprised that there is a difference in inventories even in locations that are like 14 miles apart. One had puzzles, one did not, one had had the $750 Klipsch speakers featured in the new Costco Connection missal whereas one had the $350 ones I was interested in. Thought maybe the size of the warehouse might be a factor but the Pentagon Costco is definitely smaller and they're the ones carrying the huge speaker set.

In short, NoVa is a land of contrasts and PBUC

New Speakers:

Old crap that was left to me they're replacing:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Retrograde posted:

I just did something that I've never done as a Costco member for 15 years: 2 Costcos in one day.

I initially went south to avoid the madness that is the Pentagon Costco (Yes there is one right near our nations seat of defense) only to not find the floodlights I wanted. After shopping there I had to drive back north and was successful. Having perused both stores I was actually surprised that there is a difference in inventories even in locations that are like 14 miles apart. One had puzzles, one did not, one had had the $750 Klipsch speakers featured in the new Costco Connection missal whereas one had the $350 ones I was interested in. Thought maybe the size of the warehouse might be a factor but the Pentagon Costco is definitely smaller and they're the ones carrying the huge speaker set.

In short, NoVa is a land of contrasts and PBUC

New Speakers:

We have a bougie Costco in SE MI, located in Bloomfield Hills. It's got a lot of the fancy poo poo and it's never terribly busy. I absolutely love going to that one, maybe I will go tomorrow for lunch!

For the record, bougie meaning they are have more expensive items stocked in pretty much every area of the store. It was right near my last job and we used to go on lunch all the time

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Retrograde posted:

yeah there's definitely some variety in what they carry. The one near my house out in the 'burbs has a notably smaller selection than the one in town with a much more varied population - the one in town carries sake and whole lamb carcasses and kimchi, as well as tending to carry the more upmarket stuff like wagyu/etc and some of the bigger-ticket items like the standby generators/etc.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

bagmonkey posted:

We have a bougie Costco in SE MI, located in Bloomfield Hills. It's got a lot of the fancy poo poo and it's never terribly busy. I absolutely love going to that one, maybe I will go tomorrow for lunch!

For the record, bougie meaning they are have more expensive items stocked in pretty much every area of the store. It was right near my last job and we used to go on lunch all the time

Come over to the Ann Arbor one where you can buy a whole hanging lamb.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

What would you do if you were a millionaire?
Two costcos in the same day.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

pacerhimself posted:

Big soup guy, eh?

I only either eat out or go bowls deep

(Yeah I don’t use plates much; they’re in a floor-height cabinet so the weight doesn’t collapse my shelves haha)

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

poisonpill posted:

What would you do if you were a millionaire?
Two costcos in the same day.

Poisonpill, you awake?
You wanna come over?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Retrograde posted:

New Speakers:

I have the 2.1 system for my computer. Amazing quality for the price.

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

TraderStav posted:

Come over to the Ann Arbor one where you can buy a whole hanging lamb.

Ann Arbor Costco slaps compared to the Toledo one. So many more ethnic options

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

My Costco carries paneer and that is some excellent ‘last minute instant pot dinner’ hero cheese. I can count on this family to eat cheese 100% of the times its offered, so I hope the Costco keeps stocking it.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Bumble Dong posted:

Ann Arbor Costco slaps compared to the Toledo one. So many more ethnic options

Madison Heights Costco has great food diversity and selection but the non-food selection is only alright. Bloomfield Hills has great non-food stuff and then the whitest upper class food section possible

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Chinatown posted:

I have the 2.1 system for my computer. Amazing quality for the price.

It's amazing how long those speakers have remained the gold standard for computer audio. I remember lusting after them probably 25 years ago or more.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Anyone have one of these 6.5' LED trees? https://www.costco.com/6.5%27-pre-lit-radiant-micro-led-artificial-christmas-tree.product.100733887.html

They are down to $299 at our store, and my wife is ready to replace the 10 year old crappy one in our living room.

e: was actually this one https://www.costco.com/7.5-pre-lit-radiant-micro-led-artificial-christmas-tree.product.100734018.html so an even better deal, I went ahead and snagged it

sometimes living literally 2 min from Costco is more curse than blessing

shameful
vvvv

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 22, 2021

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
https://streamable.com/l/xkekrx/mp4-high.mp4

My local church goers are somehow getting worse about returning carts every time I go

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Get an inflatable hot tub when it’s not full of water it can double as a guest bedroom.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Get an inflatable hot tub, replace the heater with heat pump system... baby you got a chest freezer going...

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Stand it upright

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Get two inflatable hot tubs and put one upside down on top of the other and you got a bouncy house for you kids

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Put a chest freezer inside your inflatable hot tub and grill yourself

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

Anyone have one of these 6.5' LED trees? https://www.costco.com/6.5%27-pre-lit-radiant-micro-led-artificial-christmas-tree.product.100733887.html

They are down to $299 at our store, and my wife is ready to replace the 10 year old crappy one in our living room.

e: was actually this one https://www.costco.com/7.5-pre-lit-radiant-micro-led-artificial-christmas-tree.product.100734018.html so an even better deal, I went ahead and snagged it

shameful
vvvv

Yes, have had it for several years now. It’s great. Make sure you get the appropriate sized tree storage bag (should be for sale right next to the trees). The bag makes storing the rest of the 10-11 months a year totally easier.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Enos Cabell posted:

shameful
vvvv

We have the 7.5 and one thing to be careful of is assembly/disassembly on a wooden/laminate floor which can crack or shatter the plastic led bulb housing. I think my cats chew on them too so ymmv.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

AKZ posted:

We have the 7.5 and one thing to be careful of is assembly/disassembly on a wooden/laminate floor which can crack or shatter the plastic led bulb housing. I think my cats chew on them too so ymmv.

Thanks for the heads up on that. Pretty huge difference standing next to our old tree, 500 bulbs vs 1850

Now we get to move all the ornaments over so I can haul the old one to my little brother's place tomorrow.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

Get two inflatable hot tubs and put one upside down on top of the other and you got a bouncy house for you kids

:hmmyes:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Jane is becoming a wine connoisseur

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Family xmas party was tonight. We dont gently caress around with our Kirkland Signature USDA Choice Seasoned Standing Bone-In Rib Roasts

:blastu:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

Thanks for the heads up on that. Pretty huge difference standing next to our old tree, 500 bulbs vs 1850

Now we get to move all the ornaments over so I can haul the old one to my little brother's place tomorrow.

Put the tree up on cinder blocks to make room for more presents and maybe a train. It makes it 10x more impressive.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Chinatown posted:

Family xmas party was tonight. We dont gently caress around with our Kirkland Signature USDA Choice Seasoned Standing Bone-In Rib Roasts

Got :drat:

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Chinatown posted:

Hey we have the same knife set!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Chinatown posted:

you bastard you owe me a new monitor, I'll never get the bite marks out of this one

Ultimate Mango posted:

Put the tree up on cinder blocks to make room for more presents and maybe a train. It makes it 10x more impressive.

I was seriously going to buy one of those big Polar Express or Hogwart's trains they had to put under there, but they were sold out when I went to get one

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Realized my sister-in-law and her husband don't have a Co membership despite having 3 children and several locations within easy driving distance in suburban Chicago. I couldn't let that injustice stand any longer. I sent them a gift membership for Christmas. PBUC

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
It feels like I can't even remember what it was like to not have a Costco membership.

Now I think of all the people who don't have one and they just seem like some weird, unknowable aliens who just landed on Earth.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Get this.... imagine going to Costco today. :ghost:

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
My bf went to Costco yesterday like a dumbass lol. I had the whole place to myself for like three hours over a, "just a few things then I'll be right back" trip.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

A rich bounty for lord Omicron

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Yeah, my neighbor went yesterday and said even with all the registers open, the line was clear back to the frozen foods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I have to. Please kill me