Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Sounds like Toto throwing a runners up trophy down a stairwell in a fit of rage as the glorious Scud Buds celebrate a canter to the 2022 WDC and WCC titles. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Rectal Placenta posted:

Haas's time to shine!

TheBacon posted:

Mazsspin won’t be 21/20 anymore! He won’t be last!!

That would be amazing. Like when Brawn and Williams were the only ones who had the double diffuser and Brawn dominated the championship but Williams just sucked a little bit less. Haas finds the engineering hack of the decade and manages to consistently almost make it to Q2 as a reward.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

But that’s what I do and I want everyone to know

Carry on then.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

acidx posted:

That would be amazing. Like when Brawn and Williams were the only ones who had the double diffuser and Brawn dominated the championship but Williams just sucked a little bit less. Haas finds the engineering hack of the decade and manages to consistently almost make it to Q2 as a reward.

Toyota also had it, but didn't manage to do anything with it iirc

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

acidx posted:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, I was just going for the joke he’d be 21/22 in that case lmao

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:jackbud:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I hope toto watches DankPods for his headphone recommendations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR1DZziNKUw&t=636s

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

charles is a drat hunk ngl

e:

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 24, 2021

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Lots of good av material lately, plus those excellent post it note ones

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

what the av size limit

ill remake this av to fit and buy this av for anyone that wants one for the next 24hr

this with #nalPlE as tag

or feel free to take and use it i love it so much

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 24, 2021

AOTKPTW
Nov 27, 2011

#nalPlE

boxcarhobo posted:

what the av size limit

ill remake this av to fit and buy this av for anyone that wants one for the next 24hr

Oh boy, yes please!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Yep - Brawn, Williams and Toyota had the idea. Toyota got close, and were team strategy decisions and driver pairing away from some good results. Remember the end of the year was the debut of Kamui Kobayashi because another driver knocked themselves the gently caress out at Suzuka.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The double diffuser was actually from one of the Japanese Super Aguri engineers.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Dictator. posted:

new tat, what do you guys think

Put Jos on your dominant side to add some extra punch to it.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
I've now seen two too many poorly faked max vercrappen tattoos. Of course only Max fans would do such a thing.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

AOTKPTW posted:

Oh boy, yes please!

Do you want the lovely whit background all-in-one Fernando at or do you want the transparent Fernando av

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Tsaedje posted:

I think Truli managed to put it on pole and they got a couple of podiums at the start of the season.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://twitter.com/motorsport/status/1473913152609959936?s=21

Good article, poo poo sucks.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

motorsport dot com comment section as enlightening as ever

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
F1 not learning what the music (and oil rigging) industry figured out in the 1960s. On long tours you have two sets of roadies that you keep on swapping out, and with the F1 they wouldn't even have to double up on the wages because you can have 4 months on the road, four months in the factory shifts.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Zedd posted:

Put Jos on your dominant side to add some extra punch to it.

:chloe:

I know Jos Verstappen is very likely A lovely Person, but stop the assault/abuse jokes.

learnincurve posted:

F1 not learning what the music (and oil rigging) industry figured out in the 1960s. On long tours you have two sets of roadies that you keep on swapping out, and with the F1 they wouldn't even have to double up on the wages because you can have 4 months on the road, four months in the factory shifts.

this would probably require more in logistical headaches than the teams would like to allow, and I'm sure there are people who never travel who would leave the industry if their job suddenly blew a hole in their March-June, for example. I do think track crew burnout is a real problem and one of the best reasons there should be fewer races.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
The rear wing of the Alpine should have said El Lobo, imo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

harperdc posted:

this would probably require more in logistical headaches than the teams would like to allow, and I'm sure there are people who never travel who would leave the industry if their job suddenly blew a hole in their March-June, for example. I do think track crew burnout is a real problem and one of the best reasons there should be fewer races.

Also bad commentators would refer to them as the A and B team of engineers

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

Also bad commentators would refer to them as the A and B team of engineers

okay I'm down this will add a whole new element of bullshit

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Theophany posted:

motorsport dot com comment section as enlightening as ever

Oh god the comments...

some online keyboard warrior posted:

It sound like you have an issue with capitalism rather than F1. These guys have a coveted job. If it is true that they are overstretched and undervalued, the market will correct - no F1 team functions without mechanics.

Also: you do realise that there are thousands of minimum wage workers involved with every race weekend that share none of the glamour and prestige? I'm talking about people cleaning toilets, selling food, directing traffic. If this is about being empathic with people who are being undervalued, why are we not talking about these people?

Yes the invisible hand of the market will correct the cost cap collusion that shut out the mechanics in the first place which was the point of the comment you objected to, muppet. And then jumps to irrelevant argument, curiously the market doesn't seem involved here. F1 truly deserves its fans does it not.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Dec 24, 2021

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ewe2 posted:

Oh god the comments...

Yes the invisible hand of the market will correct the cost cap collusion that shut out the mechanics in the first place which was the point of the comment you objected to, muppet. And then jumps to irrelevant argument, curiously the market doesn't seem involved here. F1 truly deserves its fans does it not.

It's good poo poo, no?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How to make the worst thread even worse:

Literally posting and arguing with Reddit level comments

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The whole reason those guys get paid poo poo is very specifically because its a prestige job that pretty much everyone who hasn't had half a lobotomy can perform.

My personally, you couldn't pay me all the money in the world to be wrench monkey who might have at the occasional 20 year old drive over your leg because you have to change his tires in 0.8 of a second. but I'm not a moron.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Is there anybody outside of the American owners that like the idea of there being loving 23 races a year or whatever.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

Is there anybody outside of the American owners that like the idea of there being loving 23 races a year or whatever.

Gotta wring every last loving dime out of the dead horse Bernie fleeced you on

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I feel bad for them genuinely cause legitimately I'm sure the second they said this poo poo is unfair somebody just points to the 200 CVs of people who applied to the same job on their desk

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I haven't been watching very long but the season is too long

AOTKPTW
Nov 27, 2011

#nalPlE

boxcarhobo posted:

Do you want the lovely whit background all-in-one Fernando at or do you want the transparent Fernando av

The lovely white background all-in-one my man. Full send!

Edit: just seeing what I was given now I’ve posted. It’s perfect. Thank you!

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
I like more races because I like to watch the races, but I know that I am in the minority. But I do think they should stop the "every race has to be in a different country" mantra. Let them do 3 races in England, 3 in Italy, 3 in USA, then tour the middle east etc.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

italian quid posted:

The whole reason those guys get paid poo poo is very specifically because its a prestige job that pretty much everyone who hasn't had half a lobotomy can perform.

My personally, you couldn't pay me all the money in the world to be wrench monkey who might have at the occasional 20 year old drive over your leg because you have to change his tires in 0.8 of a second. but I'm not a moron.

If I was young, dumb, and full of cum I'd probably do it for a year just for the experience. It'd be a good thing to have on a CV probably.

Really though, the season should be 17 races.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

italian quid posted:

I feel bad for them genuinely cause legitimately I'm sure the second they said this poo poo is unfair somebody just points to the 200 CVs of people who applied to the same job on their desk

A good point the article makes is that it’s very easy to have a whole garage of junior mechanics, if you burn out all the senior people. Is that a better team… no.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Time to bring in the mech union representative.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

smackfu posted:

A good point the article makes is that it’s very easy to have a whole garage of junior mechanics, if you burn out all the senior people. Is that a better team… no.

the engine is sealed and I'd hazard to guess they just document the poo poo out of everything on these cars since its all bespoke, I doubt experience makes a ton of difference.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Happy Christmas Worst Thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

It seems like a nobrainer to just do fewer races, so them by region as best you can, and try to leave at least a week in between each?

As a fan of course I want “As Much Racing As Possible” but that’s immediately asterisked with “as possible” meaning not burning out the teams. I’d rather a regular schedule of a race every other weekend with a summer break and a few longer breaks interspersed. If you need a double header here or there, build in a two-three week break, or build them in after a “region.” Hell you could even do dumb bullshit with points where you can earn some extra for being the “region” champion or some other dumb gamey poo poo sports love to do. (Please don’t do this, F1.) Forget triple headers.

I feel like that schedule is far too reasonable for this sport, though. We must grind everyone and everything to dust.