Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

BMan posted:

That thing (nautilus) downed a sister with only serration and primed cryo rounds on it, what the gently caress

For fun, chat link verglas and cryotra and compare stats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Mesadoram posted:

gently caress Orphix missions. I can't seem to solo them because the Orphix has more health than every other enemy in the game.

It's not the health. It's the threat level that goes up too fast. People commenting about those missions newer played them after event when DE changed the timers.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
does firestorm work as you'd expect on nataruk? How's everyone liking the archon weapons?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

hazardousmouse posted:

does firestorm work as you'd expect on nataruk?

It's not an explosive weapon. It just shoots big projectiles.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I never put a weapon on a sentinel.

My sentinel weapon craps viral procs and holds stats mods for me. I use the helstrum with primed firestorm and a couple fire rate and multi shot mods. Also sentinel weapons trigger your arcanes. Letting dethcube participate in kills gives you energy. At least let them hold vigilante mods without a precept.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

hazardousmouse posted:

does firestorm work as you'd expect on nataruk? How's everyone liking the archon weapons?

Heavy Caliber gives you a tiny spread.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

hazardousmouse posted:

How's everyone liking the archon weapons?

The special attacks are neat, but kinda not that useful past the novelty. The polearm's special attack is complete garbage, the whip's special attack seems pretty powerful and has great range but is very slow, and the daggers' fireballs do impact procs instead of heat procs for some reason, but the combo itself doesn't seem that bad. Big problem is they all make you stationary for a long time (polearm is by far the worst for this). Stat-wise the whip and dual daggers are the best of their type or close, but the polearm is weaker than guandao prime. The unique combo of the dual daggers also makes you unable to use the guaranteed slash procs from one of the stances.

They are cool ideas though and I'd love to see them do it more even if it is somewhat of a whiff on the first go. They could mostly be fixed by benefiting more from attack speed or something, though the polearm would need more than just that.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 24, 2021

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

One change I'd like to see would be the ability to deconstruct modular items like amps and kitguns to try out new builds.

Having to remake components just to try something new sucks.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I just want the goofy Archon heads for the appropriate frames.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The snake is based on Mag but I didn't recognize the others.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Inzombiac posted:

The snake is based on Mag but I didn't recognize the others.

It's Mag Prime, Loki Prime, and Rhino Prime.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

chumbler posted:

The special attacks are neat, but kinda not that useful past the novelty. The polearm's special attack is complete garbage

Yeah but it looks loving baller and literally nothing else matters in this game once you hit a certain level of power.

Also it seems to force a slash proc, followed by an electric proc, both are pretty solid and with the special polearm mod those both hit even harder. I think it has a use, although the time between the polearm thrust and the pull back could be like... half as long.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Inzombiac posted:

I never put a weapon on a sentinel.
Recently I tried out the Verglas, and it basically turns a sentinel into a rapid fire obelisk of light if fit right.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Rorac posted:

Yeah but it looks loving baller and literally nothing else matters in this game once you hit a certain level of power.

Also it seems to force a slash proc, followed by an electric proc, both are pretty solid and with the special polearm mod those both hit even harder. I think it has a use, although the time between the polearm thrust and the pull back could be like... half as long.

I was playing around with the polearm yesterday, I think the impact proc is first, with the electric, then the slash proc is when you pull it out of the ground, so its much harder to hit anything with it. Probably real good against infested though.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Well the missions glitched out in a wide variety of ways and the timing that electric floor bit with the jackal was annoying, but honestly I'm really impressed with how much work they put into the new war, it was pretty fun!

Gitches that I can recall: Tesshin couldn't lasso his glaive for a few minutes, drifter got stuck on the edge of a crate and jiggered there for a bit before taking fall damage, on a stealth section the objective indicator disappeared, the button prompt for the charged shot didn't work, lost connection and got kicked from the corncob section. Railjack was a-ok though!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i found out there was fall damage the hard way and it was hilarious

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i found out there was fall damage the hard way and it was hilarious

Yeah, I totally forgot I had pathetic normal joints a bunch of time in the quest.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Eudico's VA on what she saw while under Narmer:
https://totalspiffage.tumblr.com/post/671166920007041024/honestly-i-kinda-wanna-know-what-eudico-even-saw

quote:

I wanted to give it a couple days for people to clear tnw but here’s my theory. I’ll be as vague about plot as possible (she isn’t actively shown in the quest this is all conjecture based on me voicing her for so many hours lol):

I think she saw what she imagines peace could be, ideally. Her little found family back together literally and physically. Children with parents, Legs reunited with his parents whose deaths she thinks she caused. Brain shelving victims restored. Their bodies whole as they wish once more. More personally: The freedom not to have to worry for just a little while. That’s why she says what she does when you talk to her after the quest. It was scary for her to realize how much she just wants to stop.

Also Eudico had lines that were skipped due to Thermia Fractures.

https://totalspiffage.tumblr.com/post/671205023903072256/wait-hold-up-eudico-has-new-lines-for-talking-to

quote:

Yeahhhhh the thermia really messed it up. I’ll just post the script, I know the bounties themselves are up, so you get a little of post tnw Eudi but yeah she’s meant to say this:

Obviously spoilers!!!

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

endlessmonotony posted:

It'll never happen and as such I don't care, I see it and I fail it immediately.
Wrong, ive managed to get it with pubs a couple of times, mostly if everyone is still in their AW (which stops pets from doing anything). But of course not when there's someone with that attitude in the squad.

MikusR posted:

It's not the health. It's the threat level that goes up too fast. People commenting about those missions newer played them after event when DE changed the timers.
The corpusjack version is definitely harder than the event one, but part of that is also the different tileset and tilegen, that spawns A B and C much further apart from each other than in the event, which means you have to anticipate the spawn (pattern)s much earlier to compensate for longer travel times. Which isnt going to happen if youre stumbling into it blind and only have floormechs to use.

Not really significant if you just want to kill 3 and get the node clear, but yeah, going the full 36 is a lot rougher now than what i remember from the event. Not that DE has given any incentive to even bother with it (unless they jack the AE droprates to 10% in C or something).

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Dec 24, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Guilty posted:

Arquebex or the bonewidow sword thingy (4) will 2-3 shot the orphix. The bonewidow thing you have to be super focused. The easiest thing is to use the fluctus to snipe the pylon thingies. They go through walls so you don't have to change position once you find your sweet spot

I sadly do not have the Bonewidow :smith:. Is the Bonewidow much better than the other one?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

I sadly do not have the Bonewidow :smith:. Is the Bonewidow much better than the other one?

Bonewidow is awful despite having such a cool name. It sucks.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bonewidow was pretty neat for me in Orphix, lots of damage resist and healing, got pretty good at chopping up the orphix with my sword. Plus you can stab people and drag them around

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Bonewidow is a lot of fun but Voidrig with the cannon is hard to beat.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

One change I'd like to see would be the ability to deconstruct modular items like amps and kitguns to try out new builds.

Having to remake components just to try something new sucks.

yeah, it really discourages playing around with the parts

holy moly, I spent all my anomaly shards making my caliban! Looks like it's going to be a bit before I farm up enough extra to feed Audrey. Does a resource doubler work on these fuckers?
Just stats wise, the archon whip seems like the winner of the bunch. I haven't actually managed to fire off the daggers hadouken. Very possible I'm just incompetent.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Mesadoram posted:

Orphix made me appreciate the Bonewidow's strengths. It's just that Orphix is also the only place where those strengths are really relevant right now.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What's a good "Kill God and The Devil at the same time" build for a Kuva Nukor?

I have one at 40 and it's bananas but I feel like I could still push it further.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Inzombiac posted:

I have one at 40 and it's bananas but I feel like I could still push it further.

Innate magnetic, easy call there.

Mine's Hornet Strike, Primed Pistol Gambit, Barrel Diffusion, Pistol Pestilence
Primed Target Cracker, Lethal Torrent, Frostbite, Primed Heated Charge
Secondary Merciless changes a lot. Ruinous Extension or Trick Mag for the exilus slot.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

A lore thing I realized during The New War that I kept forgetting to bring up: I'd been thinking pretty much since Cetus came out that the Unum was literally an Orokin Tower Neural Sentry that became self-aware enough (or was controlled by a cephalon) to react to the Orokin being wiped out with "hell yeah, now I get to live a peaceful life raising these cute li'l Ostron buddies of mine with my hot glass mechaflesh GF Gara :) ( OH GOD GARA NO :stonk: )." I assumed the Grineer and Ostrons thinking the Unum did future-prediction time-travel all-seeing stuff was how they interpreted getting guidance from what was effectively a one-way hivemind computer getting massive constant detailed input from all the Ostrons and animals who'd ingested her Kuva-blood filled with nanosensors, and then using a full Orokin Tower's worth of computational power to predict Grineer troop movements.

But I guess Unum is actually some sort of for-real Untime entity bound to an Orokin Tower and it's just been kinda overlooked to this point as an 'oh yeah we don't talk about that' thing?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

ElegantFugue posted:

But I guess Unum is actually some sort of for-real Untime entity bound to an Orokin Tower and it's just been kinda overlooked to this point as an 'oh yeah we don't talk about that' thing?

One of the other names for the Unum is "The Wall"

And yeah, no, the Quills are definitely using Eternalism-based methods to achieve their awareness of the future. More specifically my best guess is they're using Kuva to weaken the boundaries between their own consciousness and that of their Eternalism-based doubles, allowing them to cheat cause and effect by choosing every possible decision and then just pruning them until they get the outcome they want.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 24, 2021

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

One of the other names for the Unum is "The Wall"

... I entirely missed that, does anyone in-game actually even use that name for it besides a single Cephalon Fragment?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

ElegantFugue posted:

... I entirely missed that, does anyone in-game actually even use that name for it besides a single Cephalon Fragment?

I don't think so, but then again that's where most of the setting lore comes from.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I don't see any reason to eliminate your first theory unless I missed something during that section. I was a little preoccupied by the bugs I was experiencing, after all.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

No idea, but that's mine:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I've been capped on focus for years but the new evolving glam gear has me building eidolon and lua lenses for the first time ever
jesus these 24 hr build times, why

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

In retrospect, why couldn't the operator have handled everything instead of the drifter, I'm a demigod after all.

hazardousmouse posted:

I've been capped on focus for years but the new evolving glam gear has me building eidolon and lua lenses for the first time ever

So you spend plat to rush it of course, but you're not going to play that game.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

hazardousmouse posted:

Thought the same thing

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'd honestly consider rushing if the plat cost was more reasonable but since it's basically the market cost/divided by time spent already cooking there's no point to it.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
Is there a way to get lich-killing words other than tediously farming requiem relics that may or may not even have the words you need in their drop table (and won't drop them anyway)? I'm about to start a whole new account so I don't have to listen to this lich talk about how my much she loves her "little meat" every time I go to Maroo's.

Acute Grill fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 24, 2021

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

e: Nope, pretty sure thats the only source. You can trade them so you could buy them, I've never bought though so I don't know what they sell for and how bad of an idea that is.

Ya rush costs are one of the biggest plat traps imo, you've already got that gear just wait on it.

Of course after having already bought tons and tons of cosmetics and having plenty of plat on hand for slots and forma I've totally rushed frames and weapons. I'd just highly highly recommend against it for anyone who isn't plat and ducat rich.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
I want to get back into the game but god save me from all these tedious, ludicrously specific farms.