Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Mebh posted:

Acceptable reasons to correct someone's grammar:

1) Person says to you "Hi, I'm learning the language still and I'd appreciate it if you corrected me when i screw up"

Unacceptable reasons:

1) Literally every other reason.

SA enforced basic grammar and punctuation - OK(ish)

4Chan - Nazis
Reddit - Pedos

QED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
McCartney II rules. I bet you think John was the best Beatle.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

forkboy84 posted:

Official UK Charts count them all as 1 apparently?

Kunts having half the top 25 is funnier than them having just #1 anyway

looking forward to next year's soft acoustic version for the m&s adverts

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
It's fine to correct grammar and spelling when replying to some right wing bollox that Is ALl SpELLd WrOnG Ar BOyZ GrAtE BrITaNe POppeeZ rather than waste time giving data, facts, evidence because they do not give a single fig for evidence etc so don't waste your time. Just pick holes in their - worse than any immigrant/refugee/asylum-seeker - English.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1474172597973704713

e: The 'Independent' winning candidate has previously stood as a Tory so I guess nothing has really changed.

For context the average house price in Burley is £978,196

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1474172597973704713

e: The 'Independent' winning candidate has previously stood as a Tory so I guess nothing has really changed.

Endorsed by the Lib Dems lmao

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Merry christmas to everyone, the 24th is the big day here. My christmas present is crisp chat, namely flaming hot doritos are really good, and nobody else in my family can eat them.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Dec 24, 2021

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

the deliberately misspelt em-dash is beautiful

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

His Divine Shadow posted:

Merry christmas to everyone, the 24th is the big day here. My christmas present is crisp chat, namely flaming hot doritos are really good, and nobody else in my family can eat them.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tesseraction posted:

This is why I never give a poo poo about the Christmas #1. It's always stupid because the people are stupid.

Except that time it was Killing in the Name as a meme, although the discourse around that was also stupid, because the people are stupid.

I somewhat appreciated the push to get Cliff Richard to number 1 for Christmas 2019 and New Year 2020, with the intent of making him the only artist to have a number 1 hit in eight different decades.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Jedit posted:

I somewhat appreciated the push to get Cliff Richard to number 1 for Christmas 2019 and New Year 2020, with the intent of making him the only artist to have a number 1 hit in eight different decades.

I thought Blondie held that record but that might be for different tunes.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Zalakwe posted:

I thought Blondie held that record but that might be for different tunes.

Blondie were around in the 50s now?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Finally, I can see what Brexit is all about, and that is <checks notes> slightly smaller bottles of champagne.

https://twitter.com/LOS_Fisher/status/1474131559628345349

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

fuctifino posted:

Finally, I can see what Brexit is all about, and that is <checks notes> slightly smaller bottles of champagne.

Not a bad idea I have to be honest

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Blondie were around in the 50s now?

Like Brenda...

Nah, but I l believe they have number one singles in four or five consecutive decades.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

but it still has to be made in France, who will keep bottling it according to EU laws?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

You can already buy 500ml bottles of wine so I'm not sure the extra 68ml is worthy of a Telegraph article, but on the other hand it's GOOD OLD IMPERIAL MEASURES NONE OF THIS METRIC so it's hardly surprising.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Red Oktober posted:

You can already buy 500ml bottles of wine so I'm not sure the extra 68ml is worthy of a Telegraph article, but on the other hand it's GOOD OLD IMPERIAL MEASURES NONE OF THIS METRIC so it's hardly surprising.

Sir Winston Churchill was an alcohol scientist, why are you questioning his research?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The 50cl bottle is already called a demie or pinte bottle. :eng99:

Maybe we should throw numbers out altogether for being too Arabic and go back to naming wine sizes after old Israeli kings. One Rehoboam of wine please.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It's fine to correct grammar and spelling when replying to some right wing bollox that Is ALl SpELLd WrOnG Ar BOyZ GrAtE BrITaNe POppeeZ rather than waste time giving data, facts, evidence because they do not give a single fig for evidence etc so don't waste your time. Just pick holes in their - worse than any immigrant/refugee/asylum-seeker - English.
They don't care about grammar and spelling either, and it's more fun to jump through the truck sized holes in their terrible arguments. You won't convince them of anything but you might at least play to the audience.

Unless it's something like "if you carnt speak english your should be deported" in which case the two are the same thing, but that's an edge case.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I was meant to go to my parents for a week today, but I've woken up to a sore throat and a positive lateral flow test...

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

kecske posted:

but it still has to be made in France, who will keep bottling it according to EU laws?

You can just call anything champagne, who cares. Did we leave the EU just to remain beholden to the fascists at the Institut national de l'origine et de la qualité?

English sparkling wine? Champagne. Lambrini? Champagne. Bottle of Ribena? That's champagne.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
When the moon hits your eye
Like a big Pukka pie, that's champagne.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Guavanaut posted:

The 50cl bottle is already called a demie or pinte bottle. :eng99:

Maybe we should throw numbers out altogether for being too Arabic and go back to naming wine sizes after old Israeli kings. One Rehoboam of wine please.

So you picked the one that taxed his people so hard they rebelled and split the kingdom in 2? That's.. Actually very apt.

His Divine Shadow posted:

Flaming hot doritos are the best doritos by far. The pact is sealed in flavour and we are now brothers for life. Merry Christmas.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
My cat likes flaming hot doritos, she goes nuts for them.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I'm informed that the film Soylent Green was set in 2022.
Happy New year incoming....

Also lots of people on FB posting things based on Christmas Carol.
Who remembers Corbyn being accused of anti-semitism for saying he would get Boris Johnson a copy for an Xmas present.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm informed that the film Soylent Green was set in 2022.
Happy New year incoming....

Doom 1 and 2 as well iirc

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Zalakwe posted:

Like Brenda...

Nah, but I l believe they have number one singles in four or five consecutive decades.

Nope, they only had number 1s in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/GrubUnderwear/status/1474012777324896267

Latitude Ocotpus
Nov 17, 2009

Pablo Bluth posted:

I was meant to go to my parents for a week today, but I've woken up to a sore throat and a positive lateral flow test...

That's rough - can you get a PCR?
. I took a temp of 37 in work today and have a headache but my lateral was negative. Still going to do another in the morning for safety before heading to the parents.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007

Jedit posted:

Nope, they only had number 1s in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

I've had quite enough of experts thank you.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ah, the Alex Jones defence.

https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1474321006252732417

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If anybody wants a higher resolution version of that photo I took the other week recomposited from normal images because the automatic panorama capture added a bunch of distortions, I made one, because someone's getting it for xmas.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:sickos:

That's going in my collection of suns setting behind industries pictures for desktop wallpapers.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

That's a really nice picture Owlie, great job. Gonna stick it in my rotating wallpaper folder.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I know a guy who put a fair few holes in that skyline so it seemed appropriate to give him a picture of it in case he decides to add more.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

fuctifino posted:

What have blue passports, UK fishing, and pint sized champagne bottles have in common?
All done or now made in France.
BREXIT BENEFIT #35213622341558!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Surely the real brexit benefit is that we can start bottling tory piss and selling it as champagne?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Latitude Ocotpus posted:

That's rough - can you get a PCR?
. I took a temp of 37 in work today and have a headache but my lateral was negative. Still going to do another in the morning for safety before heading to the parents.
Got one booked and will be driving to the test centre soon. Given tomorrow is Christmas, im not expecting the results back quickly.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

That was a stressful morning, going into town. Not because it was exponentially busy or anything, but I sat down by the river for a tab, and some stupid loving woman comes along with a 2k bag of bird seed, tips it on the ground right near me, and microseconds later I'm in the middle of a cloud of pigeons. I went a little spare and accused her of not being all there. "Oh, are you scared of birds? No but rats with wings that are bacteria carriers and poo poo everywhere don't do it for me.

Then the swans showed up. No feeding, just sat in the water staring at me. I *am* scared of swans, they are nasty bastards.

Then walking home (didn't get most of what I need, but gently caress it. Walked past the commune of bikers, as one of them started up his hog, with a massive explosion. I confess I uttered a strong vulgarity.

Now the parents have hosed 9ff down the pub, I can see a dust up rolling over the horizon.

Merry loving Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Trickjaw posted:

That was a stressful morning, going into town. Not because it was exponentially busy or anything, but I sat down by the river for a tab, and some stupid loving woman comes along with a 2k bag of bird seed, tips it on the ground right near me, and microseconds later I'm in the middle of a cloud of pigeons. I went a little spare and accused her of not being all there. "Oh, are you scared of birds? No but rats with wings that are bacteria carriers and poo poo everywhere don't do it for me.

Then the swans showed up. No feeding, just sat in the water staring at me. I *am* scared of swans, they are nasty bastards.

Then walking home (didn't get most of what I need, but gently caress it. Walked past the commune of bikers, as one of them started up his hog, with a massive explosion. I confess I uttered a strong vulgarity.

Now the parents have hosed 9ff down the pub, I can see a dust up rolling over the horizon.

Merry loving Christmas.

Bah humbug.

Have a watch of the best Xmas advert ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve-hcbDe3cA