Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Was there much difference between the original version of the Bad Batch episodes of TCW and what made it into S7?

And what are the options for watching the animatics etc for the unmade episodes?

There's a fair few differences, like adding Anakin talking to Padme, removing the pinup art scene, removing a scene that actually had the Separatist disintegrator weapon disintegrate something, and I think giving more scenes to show Rex's character

The Crystal Crisis story reels still exist on the TCW Lost Missions Blu-Ray, but I don't think The Bad Batch ones ever got a release outside of their inclusion on the Star Wars site six years ago

They're still findable via searches that include some variation of "download Bad Batch story reels" though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

There's a fair few differences, like ... removing the pinup art scene

For which I will never forgive them.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Moon Slayer posted:

For which I will never forgive them.

What’s the translation of the words above the art?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
"i want to gently caress padme"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

fartknocker posted:

What’s the translation of the words above the art?

"Good to be bad"

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Finally watched The Mandalorian, really enjoyed it. There are some really good characters in there. It's a pity Gina Carano's brain is so broken because I thought she did very well. Disney is determined to wring every penny out of the franchise with The Book of Boba Fett and Ahsoka being spun off. jhope they are as good.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Just watched the "Double Agent Droid" episode of Rebels last night, focused on Chopper and AP-5. I love them both, and I love Rebels' "filler" episodes.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Any episode that spotlights Chopper is a great one in my book.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

The giveaway that something is wrong with Chopper is that he is being really nice and considerate is great. Don’t mess with Hera’s droid!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

One of the leaked lucasfilm holiday employee gifts was a nice portable record player and its box listed various in production things they are working on and "Tales of the Jedi" was included :confused:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Jerkface posted:

One of the leaked lucasfilm holiday employee gifts was a nice portable record player and its box listed various in production things they are working on and "Tales of the Jedi" was included :confused:

The placement between the two animated shows seems conspicuous!

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Cross-Section posted:

The placement between the two animated shows seems conspicuous!

Oh interesting, perhaps it's an animated anthology series set in proper canon. Haven't there been rumblings about a show set a couple of hundred years in the past, featuring a younger Yoda? Could this be that?

My other thought was that the Obi-Wan and Ahsoka shows could be releasing under "Tales of the Jedi" branding, but we've seen official logos for both their shows, right?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yes i would like some more star wars anime thank you

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

jassa posted:

Oh interesting, perhaps it's an animated anthology series set in proper canon. Haven't there been rumblings about a show set a couple of hundred years in the past, featuring a younger Yoda? Could this be that?

My other thought was that the Obi-Wan and Ahsoka shows could be releasing under "Tales of the Jedi" branding, but we've seen official logos for both their shows, right?

Its not that, because Obi-Wan is also on the box. There is a rumored animated show in development but all the rumors thought it was a darth maul crimson dawn thing - maybe its this?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

jassa posted:

The High Republic stuff is that

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

bunnyofdoom posted:

The High Republic stuff is that

Right, but I couldn't remember if that series had a name (it does - 'The Acolyte').

Okay yeah my best guess is an anthology series made in-house in the same style as CW, but during a time period pre-PT or post-ST. Not many Jedi to tell the tales of during those in-between years, except for a few years at Luke's doomed school.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Another TV spot dropped today and surprise of surprises, there's actually a reveal in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s27xpz-qi-M

Throw your speculations into the ring now cause in 5 days they won't matter

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m glad the TV shows are brave enough to make Mara Jade canon

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Watch it actually he Arden Lyn with her robot arm Kung fu

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Remake Masters of Teras Kasi, cowards.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Brand new character.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the reveal of random white girl

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If that was a recast Cara Dune, I’d be totally ok with that.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Another brunette? In MY Star Wars?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Can't believe Tenel Ka is canon

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
It’s Mirax, and then Corran Horn will also show up and everyone will groan.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

fartknocker posted:

I like Corran :shobon:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Looks a bit like Haruko from FLCL with a space Vespa.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

fartknocker posted:

No!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
checks timeline it's Rey's mom

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

site posted:

if she grows up to be jodie comer then I'm eating my hat

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
tbh i memoryholed rise so completely i forgot Rey's mom showed up in that

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Gaz-L posted:

I like Corran :shobon:

:ssh: I have no major problem with him either, but I know a lot of old EU fans can’t stand him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, that one scene where he uses the Force to make a giant illusion of himself at the base of a plume of fire so it looks like it's his lightsaber and tells the baddies to gently caress off is one of those things that is both very silly but also :krad: and I was 14 at the time I read it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hes better than Kyp "I genocided a solar system and all I got was a slap on the wrist" Durron.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

site posted:

How I Met Your Mother but it's Rey's biker mom and a grown up Omega

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Boba Fett’s show will answer the question of when exactly Sheev hosed

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0qsdoxd_n4

Only if sheev sounds like this.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Pit droids helping Boba assemble his armor never stops being cool.

What they really need is a bloodthirsty droid like Triple Zero, HK-47, or Chopper to round out their crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I rather have BT-1 over Trip, tbh