Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
There was a leaked list of EGS free games, it had Prey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Oh nice, thanks guys. I've had that on my wishlist forever.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Every thread is a good thread to talk about Neuroshock Prey

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Vampyr today on Epic. It's a solid 7/10 RPG. The "interesting ideas and decent amount of jank" 7/10 rather than the "completely bland but competent" 7/10.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Be wary of leaks. They always have some realistic games and then a couple huge games that aren't going to happen.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
wasn't it just last year there was a huge "leaked" list that was totally wrong

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
People are only trusting it because it accurately predicted multiple days in a row, with dates, it's not just a random wishlist.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
(New) Prey is older than Vampyr so :shrug: Also cheaper.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh that's a neat freebie: Witchway, a puzzle platformer.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Fat Samurai posted:

Vampyr today on Epic. It's a solid 7/10 RPG. The "interesting ideas and decent amount of jank" 7/10 rather than the "completely bland but competent" 7/10.

I was super disappointed in the second half of the game and the gimmick about feeding on main characters felt kind of half baked to me. The constantly respawning enemies made travelling around annoying as hell.

Worth trying out though imo

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

This is solid, and it came with one of the massive itch social justice bundles of the last two years, so you may already own it

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

wasn't it just last year there was a huge "leaked" list that was totally wrong

Yes and it was hilarious.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Saoshyant posted:

This made me check my itchio library, and there were a couple of games in there from the racial justice bundle I was actually considering buying before. Like Pyre or Quadrilateral Cowboy. Whew, crisis averted.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's insane that I have 219 games in my Epic library and only bought one of them (with one of those $15 coupons)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
On that note, Epic really needs better library sorting and filtering options.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
How can you tell how many games you own? I don't see a number anywhere.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cojawfee posted:

you can use gog galaxy to link up all your accounts and view the total game list there

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Lol that the best way to see how many games you own on epic is to link it to another store. Gog galaxy is cool tho

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

you can use gog galaxy to link up all your accounts and view the total game list there

That still doesn't give me a number though

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Cojawfee posted:

That still doesn't give me a number though
You didn't roll high enough on your perception check.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Maybe the DM ruled it an investigation roll

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Cugel the Clever posted:

You didn't roll high enough on your perception check.

Not sure what I'm supposed to be perceiving. GOG just tells me the number of games across all the platforms I logged into for it, which is 631 across steam, uplay, origin, and epic.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I hadn't noticed before, but it really doesn't give you a number for each individual platform. That's weird, I wonder why

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

I counted them

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream is free on GOG right now

https://www.gog.com/#giveaway

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Free Games: I Have Too Many Games And I'm Cool With That

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.
I Buy No Games And I Have 3,917

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

dregan posted:

I Buy No Games And I Have 3,917

I also buy games that I never play if they're 75% off.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Skwirl posted:

I also buy games that I never play if they're 75% off.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Pathfinder Kingmaker confirmed for free. Was the leak that said that would be free the same one that said Prey would be?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Yeah Prey is tomorrow if the leak continues to pan out

The leak didn't specify any of the games after that though

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Well then let me continue.

Final Fantasy VII Remake
Death Stranding Director's Cut
Halo Infinite
Some Star Wars Game Or Some poo poo

All confirmed. You're welcome.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Anyway, Kingmaker's a pretty good isometric RPG that's afaik still kind of buggy in a bad way and is generally surpassed so much by Wrath of the Righteous that I don't know why you'd buy it when you could be buying that instead. So, getting it for free is a good deal.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Dec 24, 2021

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The epic free mystery game graphic has the Prey helmet on it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Well then let me continue.

Final Fantasy VII Remake
Death Stranding Director's Cut
Halo Infinite
Some Star Wars Game Or Some poo poo

All confirmed. You're welcome.

What?

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

They're being funny.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Anyway, Kingmaker's a pretty good isometric RPG that's afaik still kind of buggy in a bad way and is generally surpassed so much by Wrath of the Righteous that I don't know why you'd buy it when you could be buying that instead. So, getting it for free is a good deal.

Some people love this game. I'd say if you think the most interesting part of RPG is character creation, reading guides, theorycrafting, and you don't care that much about combat or exploration then PFKM is the game for you. It's also pleasant to look at, the writing is light-hearted and chill.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I heard the last day will be Returnal.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

How's the DLC? Some of it sounds like it isn't really integrated with the base game, like a small additional adventure rather than part of a playthrough

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

I wouldn't recommend any of them. The base game is very long already. You have to really love the game mechanics to appreciate what this random dungeon expansion does, and the other ones are quite small. Varnhold's Lot is a few hours adventure as a different character that adds almost nothing to the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

2house2fly posted:

Pathfinder Kingmaker confirmed for free. Was the leak that said that would be free the same one that said Prey would be?
Probably the first time a free game on epic was something I had on my steam wishlist.