Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Into s2 of my rewatch and in the episode Stan and Francine divorce for some reason Captain Monty is working at a restaurant instead of hosting his book show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Zero One posted:

"As for me, super gay also."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI7HFMo4ho0

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Sexually ambiguous, but unambiguously sexual.

Ambisextrous

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

muscles like this! posted:

Into s2 of my rewatch and in the episode Stan and Francine divorce for some reason Captain Monty is working at a restaurant instead of hosting his book show.

Times are tough, you can't just make a living hosting a book show anymore you need a second job as a waiter to make ends meet.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Wait you give the robot the hand jobs

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
A hard 12. Grass on the field! Go shoot the president!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm doing a rewatch and I wish they'd bring back Stan reacting to surprises with "OOOOH!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg97GPkMY_A

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol, the episode where Stan evicts all the neighbors has Steve and Roger try to run a con selling an empty house and something that hasn't aged well is that they're trying to scam for 100k. They offer a house for only 100k it doesn't matter what it looks like.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I'm JoJo Quinoa. And like quinoa I'm for sale at Trader Joe's!

Behind Trader Joe's.

For free.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

muscles like this! posted:

Lol, the episode where Stan evicts all the neighbors has Steve and Roger try to run a con selling an empty house and something that hasn't aged well is that they're trying to scam for 100k. They offer a house for only 100k it doesn't matter what it looks like.

Especially if it's got good bones.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Brawnfire posted:

Especially if it's got good bones.

*in deep raspy voice* and so ends, the greatest love story, ever told

(Couldn't find a clip)

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I've been rewatching some of the newest season on hulu and Little Bonnie Ramiriez is a legit all-timer. How are they still putting out some of their best episodes this far in?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

robot roll call posted:

I've been rewatching some of the newest season on hulu and Little Bonnie Ramiriez is a legit all-timer. How are they still putting out some of their best episodes this far in?

there are more good seasons of this show than there are of the simpsons or king of the hill

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Does King of the Hill get bad? I am watching it through for the first time having seen bits and pieces of it over the years and knowing it's pretty good. I'm up to ladybirds panties. Great so far.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It doesn't get bad, but it does get less good.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Harold Fjord posted:

Does King of the Hill get bad? I am watching it through for the first time having seen bits and pieces of it over the years and knowing it's pretty good. I'm up to ladybirds panties. Great so far.

the last two seasons get really hard into "hank was right"

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
my graphs of how good shows were over time

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
This show has great music

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Seems accurate based on having seen 15 or so seasons of the Simpsons, 2 koth, and all of Dad.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Do you watch the Simpsons, Francine? It's getting good.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

With KoTH it's less a decline in season quality per se so much as there are a scattering of episodes I consider unwatchable, like their trip to Japan. There's a lot of unfortunate and uncomfortable choices there. Plus the episodes that feature Judge's more... libertarian view of the left leaks through into his strawmen.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Plant MONSTER. posted:

yeah I'm gonna need a scale on the X axis for that Simpsons graph unless you think season 25 was where things dropped off

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Cloks posted:

yeah I'm gonna need a scale on the X axis for that Simpsons graph unless you think season 25 was where things dropped off
Just eyeballing it, but I'm gonna guess the plunge is somewhere around 12, when the sadness really set in. Whatever episode was the lady gaga one was probably the absolute nadir, maybe the elon musk one too.

The AD chart, though, honestly as much as people dump on the first season, it gets good a lot earlier than expected and I personally feel like the course-correction happens around the start of NGA Land or so.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

My least favorite late season King of the Hill episode is the one where Luanne's dad comes back from the oil rig he's been working on. Turns out he hasn't been on an oil rig he was in jail and all of Luanne's family and friends decide they need to lie to her about this to preserve her innocence or whatever. This is a bullshit for the following reasons:

A) Luanne is a fully grown adult at this point with a job, a husband, and a kid, and it's lovely to infantlize a grown woman like that as an excuse to lie to her.

B) previous (and better) episodes have involved Luanne dealing with way more hosed up harsh truths, coming to terms with them, and not losing her sunny disposition. There was a multi episode arc about her processing the death of her boyfriend, and another episode where one of her boyfriends tried to kill her and then died in front of her. Oh, and at this point she had already accepted that her biological mother was a horrible person, she confronted that directly in one of the shows best episodes. So why wouldn't she be able to accept and come to terms with her long absent father also not being a great guy?

Anyway, the episode ends with everyone STILL lying to Luanne about her dad and it sucks. King of the Hill is a good show, but that one episode really grinds my gears.

Oh, and merry Christmas Eve thread! Good luck getting out of any time loops y'all get stuck in.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Maxson! :ohdear:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Speaking of good AD music, the guitar at the start of the Battle between The Smiths and Santa is really rockin'

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Neeksy posted:

With KoTH it's less a decline in season quality per se so much as there are a scattering of episodes I consider unwatchable, like their trip to Japan. There's a lot of unfortunate and uncomfortable choices there. Plus the episodes that feature Judge's more... libertarian view of the left leaks through into his strawmen.

The Japanese episode loving owns wtf

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Neeksy posted:

episodes I consider unwatchable, like their trip to Japan.

Mods?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I find it uncomfortable that they had a white guy doing an asian accent for one of the main characters, so sue me.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Neeksy posted:

I find it uncomfortable that they had a white guy doing an asian accent for one of the main characters, so sue me.

Kahn wasn't even in those episodes.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
And that's the true meaning of Father's Day?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

If anyone is looking for clips or supercuts of things the YouTube channel Addicted To American Dad is pretty great. I never realized how many times Stan pulls out his gun throughout the seasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK7EEWTO-wE

or hosed up his childhood was. They even talk about how the divorce was his fault super early in the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pvBwjGSXRw

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

limp_cheese posted:

If anyone is looking for clips or supercuts of things the YouTube channel Addicted To American Dad is pretty great. I never realized how many times Stan pulls out his gun throughout the seasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK7EEWTO-wE

or hosed up his childhood was. They even talk about how the divorce was his fault super early in the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pvBwjGSXRw

Addicted to American dad is great, a nice collection of clips to watch when you're on break.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
“Watch out son, you’re in the splash zone!” is particularly horrifying and hilarious.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I'm still a big fan of the "money units" running gag

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I re-watched the Xmas episode with Ubaba and I love Francine having a strong knowlage of an alternative translation of the Epic of Gilgamesh is pretty fantastic.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

twistedmentat posted:

I re-watched the Xmas episode with Ubaba and I love Francine having a strong knowlage of an alternative translation of the Epic of Gilgamesh is pretty fantastic.

"I've never even seen you read a magazine!"

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

"I've never even seen you read a magazine!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUcTsFe1PVs

epic of gilgamesh is sung baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Francine has surprising depths if she puts her mind to it. She's been an amateur unlicensed surgeon. a marine biologist, an expert in cults (admittedly from being in them), and the gilgamesh scholar thing. I'm sure there's one or two others I'm forgetting.