Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Dreylad posted:

baby poop is also hilarious and weird

except the meconium. gently caress that stuff

The face a newborn makes when it's pooping the first few times is hilarious. They look like god just whispered secrets of the universe into their ear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Dreylad posted:

baby poop is also hilarious and weird

except the meconium. gently caress that stuff

You can extract valuable plastics from it idk what you're complaining about

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The face a newborn makes when it's pooping the first few times is hilarious. They look like god just whispered secrets of the universe into their ear

that's transitioned to a look of pure joy every time she passes gas. also her poops are hilariously loud

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
My son was a few hours old and I was changing him late at night while his mother got some rest. He was in one of those little plastic baby basket carts hospitals use. Hes my second so I'm a pro and I take off his diaper and grab his ankles and lift his little butt up and as I do this he takes a violent laser beam of a poo poo that rocketed over the top of the crib and shot about 10 feet across the room narrowly missing his sleeping mother.

It was probably one of the he funniest moments in my life and I'll just never forget that amazing smelly projectile bile poo poo arcing across the room

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

CloFan posted:

I disagree that baby poop is hilarious (??), it's fuckin' gross and gets in every crevice

nothing like having to painstakingly wipe out poop from each individual nutsack fold

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Yellow mustard splats! Or chocolate if you formula I think I dunno.

The lactation people at the hospital were pretty pushy about breastfeeding. Then we got to the pediatrician and he all I don't care just feed baby. Not like formula isn't one of the biggest factors in our modern infant mortality rate.

My favorite newborn thing was little guy evacuating his bowels midway through. He had a poo line around his waist and everything below was covered in poo. Then the delivery doctor was covered going "it's ok! It's sterile!"

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
moving away from poop chat

me, my wife, my son are all vaxxed up

my daughter otoh is not cause she is 3 and a half, she turns 4 in April. If it was up to me I'd go stick her in some platform shoes and go get her vaxxed right now and hope to find a pharmacy tech that cant tell or doesnt care. my wife wants to wait, but i told her, especially with omicron threaten to gently caress this country sideways, if they dont approve it for young kids soon im taking her in anyway.

any other parents struggled with this issue?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

kecske posted:

nothing like having to painstakingly wipe out poop from each individual nutsack fold

jesus christ, i'm glad i had a girl

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

The Nastier Nate posted:

my daughter otoh is not cause she is 3 and a half, she turns 4 in April. If it was up to me I'd go stick her in some platform shoes and go get her vaxxed right now and hope to find a pharmacy tech that cant tell or doesnt care. my wife wants to wait, but i told her, especially with omicron threaten to gently caress this country sideways, if they dont approve it for young kids soon im taking her in anyway.

i dunno I'm fine continuing to wait but that's because I'm able to. I'm also in a boat where my youngest is gonna turn five soon and become eligible so I'd have a different mindset if he still has another year of this.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

yep so pissed about it.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

The Nastier Nate posted:

Fwiw in initial trials, Pfizer found the 10ug dose was too likely to result in severe fevers for under 5's, which is why they shifted to 3ug doses.

What we've been talking about is what we'll do if the Pfizer three shot works and gets approved before July, when my daughter turns five. Do we get her that first 3ug dose or potentially wait a month hypothetically until she gets the 10ug?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

brugroffil posted:

Fwiw in initial trials, Pfizer found the 10ug dose was too likely to result in severe fevers for under 5's, which is why they shifted to 3ug doses.

What we've been talking about is what we'll do if the Pfizer three shot works and gets approved before July, when my daughter turns five. Do we get her that first 3ug dose or potentially wait a month hypothetically until she gets the 10ug?

i think if my daughter was 4 and a half id have gotten her jabbed up by now. but shes 3 and a half so im much more ambigious about it

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
My three year old is in a Moderna trial and is handling either the vaccine or the placebo nicely.

Dunno if they're still enrolling, but we got in by literally calling the local location listed on this website.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
So, I may have taken my 3 y/o to too many labor actions. She is now chanting "no contract no pieces" when it's time for naps. She also says "hey hey ho ho" sometimes.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/12/17/pfizer-vaccine-young-children-third-shot/

Looks like the super low dose works fine for infants, but 2-4 y/os will either get three shots or need a bigger dose, similar to what the 5-11s are currently getting.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Best thing we found for gas/makin poops for my son was putting him on his back and kind of moving his legs like he was running high kneed. Without fail 20 seconds later we'd either hear a cute little poot or an unholy explosion of poo poo.

I love this thread but if there's one thing I learned about raising my kids is that every kid is unique enough that advice you get is really just another variable you change to make sure you or your child don't break from day to day.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

kecske posted:

The shower man, hold that baby's rear end up to the shower and let technology do the work. Some blowouts require outside the box thinking

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

LegoMan posted:

Best thing we found for gas/makin poops for my son was putting him on his back and kind of moving his legs like he was running high kneed. Without fail 20 seconds later we'd either hear a cute little poot or an unholy explosion of poo poo.

I love this thread but if there's one thing I learned about raising my kids is that every kid is unique enough that advice you get is really just another variable you change to make sure you or your child don't break from day to day.

Its helpful to know that not everybody has all their poo poo together 100% of the time. That may seem counterintuitive but it honestly does help to know others may not have your problem but they have had problems.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

ZeusCannon posted:

Its helpful to know that not everybody has all their poo poo together 100% of the time. That may seem counterintuitive but it honestly does help to know others may not have your problem but they have had problems.

Any parent who has their poo poo together 100% while raising kids is rich enough they aren't raising their kids

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
If anyone has a three year old and needs to keep them occupied for hours this Dinosaur Fossil Dig Kit is amazing.

They give them a clay brick to dismantle with a little fake scalpel and brush it rules.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

my daughter got a box of a dozen of those for her birthday, can confirm that they rule

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
How messy is it?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Basically like playing with wet clay or playdough. We bought a cheap picnic table cloth on amazon that we throw down for messy activities like that or painting.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RYX7PTJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

camoseven posted:

How messy is it?

if you soak it in water first it is easier to work with. otherwise they get super dusty and I doubt that is poo poo you want your kid inhaling.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

it’s definitely an outside toy. also I have worries (but no evidence or anything) about the dust a lot of the minerals you’d make that out often are present with asbestos, sort of like how talc powder has issues with that.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
my kid is shitposting on Christmas break

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

fosborb posted:

do kids know who Dorf is or is this a dwarf joke?

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Best way to clean up baby poop for us was just bringing her to the sink and cleaning it off every time.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

in my house you're either watching Tim Conway or nothing at all

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I still vividly remember my daughter having an up-to-the-nape-of-her-neck blowout while we were on a train trip between Toronto and Ottawa. I dunno if that bathroom ever made it back into service.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

tell me you don't know what life is like with a newborn without telling me you don't know what life is like with a newborn lmfao

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

"wow we don't have to change our lifestyle at all!"

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

im 38 and i barely get this reference so if your kid gets this joke chances are he is the reincarnated soul of a dead boomer (cause i assume those are the only people that find Dorf funny)

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

fosborb posted:

nice

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

camoseven posted:

tell me you don't know what life is like with a newborn without telling me you don't know what life is like with a newborn lmfao

Maybe you're just jealous you didn't think to do this

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

using recreate as the word for the activity you plan to do is off putting as gently caress.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

using recreate as the word for the activity you plan to do is off putting as gently caress.

we-had-a-kid-as-a-team-building-exercise-rear end wanted ad

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
confirmed our pup tore ACLs in both back legs yesterday, but can't even see an ortho until Tuesday

tomorrow, having the talk with the kids about expected outcomes and quality of life and what does compassion sometimes mean

for tonight, whiskey and slay the spire it looks like

this fucker used to outrun the rescue greyhounds at the dog park :(

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
so who's sending their kids back to school after winter break?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

we were just about to enroll in a new school for in-person instruction (we've been in Seattle virtual this year so far) but then this school is like "we need a PCR test before he shows up and also we might go virtual anyway"

getting a test is impossible right now lol