Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mega64 posted:

I can't imagine how Nathen could've lost the Garfield license.

Im sure it was something hilarious and whimsical and irresponsible and totally not fooling people with ovarian scrapings from other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I really wanna see the convos between brand and legal

"He did what??? To a plushie???"

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
With his team of 7 bonded lawyers keeping it hood.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Narhen can publicly tongue kiss the Garfield suit and more now, without having to worry about losing his license, mneoww!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
odd synergy from an LOL Surprise! doll this morning:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Thundercats EATS is available if he wants to keep his business synergized with his cat fetish. I assume, I didn't actually check.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
OverweightcatEATS is a possibility

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
There are some replies to his farewell tweet. Not a ton, mind you but there's stuff like this guy who hoards GarfieldEats trash (actual trash):

quote:

A most sincere thanks to you. I'll keep and cherish the boxes and such I have leftover from my deliveries, visits to the store, and ordering frozen. Thanks for the ride these last few years, and hope to see you entergaging again soon!

also this guy who is confused about how Nathen's operation works.

quote:

That sauce for the lasagna was the best. No other lasagna is ever going to compare. =(

Well, maybe... is @Scoobyeats still going? That was the same stuff, right?

Just kidding. That's the same guy who replied to the tweet twice.

Oh wait! There's this guy:

quote:

Garfield would want you to eat (if only so he could take some).

What's that? It's the same guy again? Huh.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I really wanna see the convos between brand and legal

"He did what??? To a plushie???"

It's probably been said before in the thread, but clearly entercourse was involved.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

We all know his passion for farm2entergagement doesn't end here.

This is just a step on the journey before he becomes his own ultimate brand.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Frank Frank posted:

There are some replies to his farewell tweet. Not a ton, mind you but there's stuff like this guy who hoards GarfieldEats trash (actual trash):

also this guy who is confused about how Nathen's operation works.

Just kidding. That's the same guy who replied to the tweet twice.

Oh wait! There's this guy:

What's that? It's the same guy again? Huh.

Good lord

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1474244512948105218

Fanvestors is new to me

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

This sums pretty much all of it up.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
lord help me i could see how a garfield-themed pizza/lasagna restaurant might work in dubai or the emirates. except for literally all of his other decisions of course

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i love nathan and i am exitcited to see what's next on the horizown for his entergagement strategies.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
No!

NO!!!

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Frank Frank posted:

There are some replies to his farewell tweet.

Bet this guy is a goon poop-toucher

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Mameluke posted:

I'm still trying to find the goon who ratted me out!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mameluke posted:

Not everyone who obsesses over Nathen is a goon.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Anyway I don't really read this thread but are there enough insane people ITT that it would be a good idea for me to close it before people start posting pictures of Nathan's house or whatever?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I personally don't think so quite yet - maybe we should wait a couple weeks to see what our entergagement levels are and whether he's got something cooking in the new year

I mean it should be goldmined but not quite get

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I personally don't think so quite yet - maybe we should wait a couple weeks to see what our entergagement levels are and whether he's got something cooking in the new year

I mean it should be goldmined but not quite get

Yeah whenever I'd check in usually something funny was happening so I'm glad that people like this thread, but threads that live for this long tend to go very insane after their subject decides to stop doing whatever was funny in the first place, or sometimes a series of stone cold steve austin gifs get posted and place gbs under a spell

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Mameluke posted:

I dont think so. They guy has his real first/last name as his Twitter handle.

Edit: its also worth pointing out that goons are a very small portion of Nathens fan club. There are multiple YouTube videos and a subreddit devoted to GarfieldEats.

For the most part, goons have been pretty restrained.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 24, 2021

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

We're still waiting for farewell part 2!!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Frank Frank posted:

I dont think so. They guy has his real first/last name as his Twitter handle.
At first going just by the quotes I was pretty sure "that guy" was a Nathen sockpuppet, but after looking at his Twitter no he's just another insane person obsessed with various cartoon/video game characters.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Killingyouguy! posted:

We're still waiting for farewell part 2!!

Yeah the thread has to stay open for the full series of farewell videos at the very least

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Not everyone who obsesses over Nathen is a goon.

Look inside your heart and know that even if they don't have an SA account, all those people are goons.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Knormal posted:

At first going just by the quotes I was pretty sure "that guy" was a Nathen sockpuppet, but after looking at his Twitter no he's just another insane person obsessed with various cartoon/video game characters.

Yeah its definitely a real person. He has pictures of himself with Nathen.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alucard posted:

Look inside your heart and know that even if they don't have an SA account, all those people are goons.

Fair point.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

This thread has been consistently pretty chill. It is the platonic ideal of a thread. Do not kill its perfection. Mneow!

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Okay that was hard enough to listen to let alone watch all the way through. I just kept imagining what it was like to be there while hes giving that speech before the dramatic background music is dubbed in.

This whole thing was more than slightly preposterous from beginning to end.

GarfieldRIPs.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Okay that was hard enough to listen to let alone watch all the way through. I just kept imagining what it was like to be there while he’s giving that speech before the dramatic background music is dubbed in.

GarfieldRIPs.

This is the first Nathen video Ive been able to watch start to finish without stopping to writhe around in my seat. :unsmith:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
all i want for christmas is my garfieldEATS

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Okay that was hard enough to listen to let alone watch all the way through. I just kept imagining what it was like to be there while hes giving that speech before the dramatic background music is dubbed in.

GarfieldRIPs.

And just think, that's only part 1

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

reignofevil posted:

I'm still trying to find the goon who ratted me out!

Just be happy none of us ended up in lasagna fork jail

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Well I'll be damned. Still, I can't wait to see what Nathen does next. A sequel to Arabiolosis?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Well I'll be damned. Still, I can't wait to see what Nathen does next. A sequel to Arabiolosis?

I hope he finds a nice gentleman to settle down with who he can hug and smooch :)

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Oh god one could only hope.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
My fear is that Nathen is going to have his come to Jesus moment and realize he needs to grow up and stop with the nonsenahahahahahahaha I cant finish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I hope he finds a nice gentleman to settle down with who he can hug and smooch :)

I hope the dudes name is Jon just so we can come full circle on this