Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Consummate Professional posted:

Are there studium macros? I tried to google it but got a weird excel doc with anime girls in it.

I'm using full Handsaint gear and this macro took me all the way to 90:

quote:

/ac Reflect <wait.3>
/ac Manipulation <wait.2>
/ac "Delicate Synthesis" <wait.3>
/ac "Waste Not II" <wait.2>
/ac "Preparatory Touch" <wait.3>
/ac Innovation <wait.2>
/ac "Byregot's Blessing" <wait.3>
/ac Veneration <wait.2>
/ac Groundwork <wait.3>
/ac Groundwork <wait.3>
/ac Groundwork <wait.3>
/echo Craft finished <se.1>

I quick synth all intermediate crafts then just use that on the final item, can use all NQ materials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Pharohman777 posted:

So the female miqo'te companion is heavily implied to have given a quick blowjob to thancred.
https://twitter.com/RWilkes94/status/1474418400914989064

wouldn't "cut of your breeches" imply more like, "i stare at your rear end a lot", like cutting a figure etc?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

funkmeister posted:

80 and 90 please TIA

Nothing really changes except you get better. Despair is your new fire phase finisher at 80 but you're still getting 3 casts on either half off fire phase with a fire 1 in the middle. Despair refreshes astral which is convenient if you have some procs you want to dump before going back to ice.

Xenoglossy is a movement tool/alternate filler GCD for ice phase. Don't overcap it.

90 you get paradox but it shares a button withe Fire 1 so your fire phase doesn't change. Single target ice phase you now want to also use paradox before swapping so that handles your filler GCD and thunder/xeno become things you can just sprinkle wherever makes sense. Charges on Triple and Sharpcast mean you basically want to use them all the time now, you can always be casting your thunders off a proc. Throw in the free xeno charge thing and foul being instant cast and at 90 you are pretty much as mobile as anyone else, finally.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I'm using full Handsaint gear and this macro took me all the way to 90:

I quick synth all intermediate crafts then just use that on the final item, can use all NQ materials.
Dang, I've really been doing things the hard way. Ive been HQing all my intermediates and coming up with way uglier/bad rotations. This rotation should be really helpful, thanks.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

P-Mack posted:

Nothing really changes except you get better. Despair is your new fire phase finisher at 80 but you're still getting 3 casts on either half off fire phase with a fire 1 in the middle. Despair refreshes astral which is convenient if you have some procs you want to dump before going back to ice.

Xenoglossy is a movement tool/alternate filler GCD for ice phase. Don't overcap it.

90 you get paradox but it shares a button withe Fire 1 so your fire phase doesn't change. Single target ice phase you now want to also use paradox before swapping so that handles your filler GCD and thunder/xeno become things you can just sprinkle wherever makes sense. Charges on Triple and Sharpcast mean you basically want to use them all the time now, you can always be casting your thunders off a proc. Throw in the free xeno charge thing and foul being instant cast and at 90 you are pretty much as mobile as anyone else, finally.

thanks!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Oxyclean posted:

Dang, I've really been doing things the hard way. Ive been HQing all my intermediates and coming up with way uglier/bad rotations. This rotation should be really helpful, thanks.

Yeah, I've done every Studium quest and leve with this macro and handsaint gear. No food. No buffs. All the way to 90.

Leveling to cap is easier than ever.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I HQ'd all my intermediates anyways because it's pretty good xp per craft (way slower but I've only got so many leves), but you don't need to for anything right now

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Draxion posted:

I HQ'd all my intermediates anyways because it's pretty good xp per craft (way slower but I've only got so many leves), but you don't need to for anything right now

Quick Synthesis with Commercial Manuals is still probably way faster, and it gets you more mats that you can use for collectables. I ended up leveling the majority of my crafters via leves until about 84-85, and then spamming the 83 or 85 collectable (depending on what was cheaper/easier to gather) to max. This'll get you a ton of White Scrip you can use for materia to make a profit, or to turn into more Commercial Manuals for leveling other crafters.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Draxion posted:

Ah. I go for quantity over quality. My general way of leveling is to craft 2 to 3x what I need and then sell the extras. Ever since building out my FC, I've been running a bit lower on money. I entered EW with 5mil and hit level 90 on all DoH/L with 15mil gil. And this was with usually buying all gemstone related crafting items from the MB.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Vermain posted:

Quick Synthesis with Commercial Manuals is still probably way faster, and it gets you more mats that you can use for collectables. I ended up leveling the majority of my crafters via leves until about 84-85, and then spamming the 83 or 85 collectable (depending on what was cheaper/easier to gather) to max. This'll get you a ton of White Scrip you can use for materia to make a profit, or to turn into more Commercial Manuals for leveling other crafters.

PRO TIP - If buying the scrip manuals, buy the Commercial Survival/Engineering Manuals and not the Revised Survival/Engineering Manuals

The Revised Manuals are 300 scrip. The Commercial Manuals are 30 scrip. The only difference is 1.75mil vs 2mil xp

Also - I would absolutely recommend just grinding MIN/BOT from 80 to 90. Even without rested XP, they level fast if you are stacking Commercial Manuals and Squadron Manuals. And raw materials are selling for a LOT right now (assuming you aren't using them for leveling crafting).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/itsmeishmi/status/1474368543835758592

:3:

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

my gatherers were also maxed by the time my crafters were at like 82 so it's mostly a matter of maximizing xp without gathering a lot. Not like I've got anywhere to be, and it still only took a couple days to get all my crafters leveled

I always try to make money on the crafting patches and not launch (since I'm also leveling everything else right now), so here I just did whatever used the least gathering trips

Draxion fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 25, 2021

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
I chose Samurai as the class to play the main quest and do the 8mans with, and it has been working perfectly fine these two weeks, but i decided to look up if i was doing the opener correctly which i did get mostly right, only to learn that you can use Kaiten on the new lvl 90 skill which i had somehow completely missed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

kitten emergency posted:

still wild to me that 1.0 had such ridiculously high res models and textures while coming off as incredibly lifeless

The difference between graphical fidelity and artistic direction

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
Bad news, you can't do the current max level recipes at 100% HQ in Handsaint. That 14 action Reflect macro only works up to 89s.

Good news, you just barely can't. Cheap ARR vendor food is enough to put you over the edge. Here is a 19 action rotation that works with NQ Mashed Popotoes or any better +Craftsmanship food and here is a 20 action version that works with NQ Frumenty or any other +CP food. It's real easy to level and gear a crafter right now.

Re, intermediate crafting: almost all of the EW intermediates are a gil loss to craft, at least on Omega. People don't seem to realize that 8 crystals is a lot, so there's usually 99 stacks of ingots, gems, etc for 1000+ gil below material + crystal cost, and single desynths up for less. I crafted most of the intermediates once for the checkmark and bonus xp, then sold my mats from gathering and bought the rest because I'd rather do more collectibles. The desynth changes have probably done more than anything else to make crafting cheaper than ever.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

kitten emergency posted:

still wild to me that 1.0 had such ridiculously high res models and textures while coming off as incredibly lifeless

Shame we'll never get another fluid cutscene of something like Merlwyb shooting a Garlean in the junk, but it's worth it to have the game more playable.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

for all the higher quality assets in 1.0 its also instantly counterbalanced by a ton of the enviroment assets being total poo poo, like ground textures being aggressively tiled and non varied at all. There was also stuff like the night time effect being a color filter to skew it bluer and darker. Theres definitely things in 1.0 that even current xiv cant really match but its also way too hodgepodge

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

P-Mack posted:

That's basically it, use procs and instant casts for movement and to avoid clipping. Generally better to cast thunder between the two ice casts since if it's the last cast you might not get a mana tick before fire phase. Doesn't really matter.

New AOE rotation is B2-Freeze-F2x3-Flarex2. Do Thunder4 and Foul as ice filler or whenever you want, just keep the dot up and don't waste procs, use sharpcast on cooldown. It's much easier in EW.

Use Triplecast to get more uptime, blast packs while running to a pull, and never miss a gcd during bosses.

Advanced tech- use Triplecast, Swiftcast, Manafont, and an ether to cast 4 flares in 4 GCDs.

Thanks for this!

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

RME posted:

for all the higher quality assets in 1.0 its also instantly counterbalanced by a ton of the enviroment assets being total poo poo, like ground textures being aggressively tiled and non varied at all. There was also stuff like the night time effect being a color filter to skew it bluer and darker. Theres definitely things in 1.0 that even current xiv cant really match but its also way too hodgepodge

wasn't there like, a pot that had more textures in it than player characters did in 1.0

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

suuma posted:

wasn't there like, a pot that had more textures in it than player characters did in 1.0

:science: A potted plant!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Zeruel posted:

wouldn't "cut of your breeches" imply more like, "i stare at your rear end a lot", like cutting a figure etc?

that's what I assumed as well, maaaaaybe staring at his moose knuckle if the pants are exceptionally tight. And we know that fuckboi would have worn it that way if he could.

lol I just got SoS in trial roulette with at least two people new to it. Still a butthole clenching fight, even after doing extreme for the mount.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

suuma posted:

people mention this one but im not 100% sure if its apocrypha or not

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

suuma posted:

That's apocryphal, it had way too many polygons but not THAT many.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Anyone know if it's safe to throw away Endwalker job gear? Like can you just pick it up from the vendor or the Calamity Salvager again

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Chillgamesh posted:

Anyone know if it's safe to throw away Endwalker job gear? Like can you just pick it up from the vendor or the Calamity Salvager again

I put my reaper stuff in the glamour dresser and it showed up as 'available' again on the vendor for me.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah you can only have one copy of the Endwalker job gear in your own inventory/armory chest at a time, but if it's not there (glamour chest, retainer, discarded) you can just grab another copy from the same vendor.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

I'm pretty sure just like the ShB gear, its' always free from the original vendor so long as you don't currently have a copy on you.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

I hope they add like a housing item or something in a future patch that is the flat grapes as a joke/homage.

A jomage.

Or maybe it'll be an earring from an event.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

I'm pretty sure just like the ShB gear, its' always free from the original vendor so long as you don't currently have a copy on you.

Yup. I junked my SGE stuff to make room, went back, and it's all available for acquisition from the same person as before.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

You can pick it up again from the shop in Shalayan any time for free. You can even get multiple copies as long as you don't have one in your personal inventory, which is really helpful for gearing up retainers.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Man the mail server still is mega broken right now. Got two gift codes for mogstation items from friends, one got delivered within an hour, the second one has been 4+ hours and still not shown up.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Chillgamesh posted:

Yeah as long as you're comfortable spiting

TATARU'S HARD WORK YOU MONSTER

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Begemot posted:

That's apocryphal, it had way too many polygons but not THAT many.

The 'flowerpot had as many polygons as a character' was from their own presentation at GDC, not something people made up
https://www.vg247.com/final-fantasy-14s-focus-on-visuals-hurt-end-product-yoshida-explains-how-it-bounced-back

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I believe they also mention in that same talk that the Limsa Lominsa opening cutscene with the giant fish monster would outright crash some people's clients with out-of-memory errors because of how absurdly, insanely detailed it was in both textures and skeletal complexity.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Fister Roboto posted:

You can pick it up again from the shop in Shalayan any time for free. You can even get multiple copies as long as you don't have one in your personal inventory, which is really helpful for gearing up retainers.

Thanks for this. I knew you could always get a new copy, but I didn't know you could have one copy on a retainer and another on your person. Very helpful indeed.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Vermain posted:

I believe they also mention in that same talk that the Limsa Lominsa opening cutscene with the giant fish monster would outright crash some people's clients with out-of-memory errors because of how absurdly, insanely detailed it was in both textures and skeletal complexity.

I don't know about crashes, but back when the 1.0 beta was running and the benchmark was launched, my PC was incredibly insufficient to run the game even at minimum settings.

So I dipped my toes into overclocking my PC for the first time to try and hit even a playable framerate and, uh...guess which scene in the benchmark caused my power supply to give up due to the voltage increase and take the rest of my system with it? :shepicide:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Tamba posted:

The 'flowerpot had as many polygons as a character' was from their own presentation at GDC, not something people made up
https://www.vg247.com/final-fantasy-14s-focus-on-visuals-hurt-end-product-yoshida-explains-how-it-bounced-back

Some people have argued about how accurate the statement was, but the presentation also talked about the various shaders and so on involved, not just the polycount. After you factor in the code, the flower pot very well may have had as many resources devoted to it as a player character.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Tamba posted:

I'll plug the entire GDC presentation powerpoint as it's pretty interesting to give a once over; there's been a lot more in-depth examination of what went wrong with 1.0 and how 2.0+ came about since this point, but even at the time it was quite a thing to have a game director talk so frankly about such a significant failure and how they fixed it.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Finally make it to the top of the Kugane tower, server error, log back in, I've lost some progress, try to jump back up, fall, life is pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

Finally make it to the top of the Kugane tower, server error, log back in, I've lost some progress, try to jump back up, fall, life is pain.

It took me a bit under 1:30 total climbing time to make it up, then I did the lamppost in 1 try (though I already got it before from self destruct rez).

Look up a video to see where you should aim, after making those jumps once it's a lot easier.