Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Pistol_Pete posted:

Wait, is that a drink or a pasta sauce

It's both, yet neither!
Comes from going to Garlic & Shots in Soho the other week, and they've switched their recipe to have something like 30% Paprika powder in it and was rank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
My brother and his 8 month pregnant antivax wife are coming over to stay tomorrow, right after spending 2 days staying with her antivax family. If anything is going to break my 21 month high-score run of avoiding the Covid, this is going to be it. I was hoping that the rules for family meetings in Wales would change between the brother and his family I actually tolerate turning up and them, but no joy. I've never been more tempted to take a red biro to a lateral flow test.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Soylent Yellow posted:

My brother and his 8 month pregnant antivax wife are coming over to stay tomorrow, right after spending 2 days staying with her antivax family. If anything is going to break my 21 month high-score run of avoiding the Covid, this is going to be it. I was hoping that the rules for family meetings in Wales would change between the brother and his family I actually tolerate turning up and them, but no joy. I've never been more tempted to take a red biro to a lateral flow test.

I spent a week at home not really distancing from my covidated wife and didn't get it. You might get lucky

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

I spent a week at home not really distancing from my covidated wife and didn't get it. You might get lucky

I'll be honest and say that catching Covid is a secondary concern. I've already dodged it after taking a 4 hour road trip with a colleague who tested positive two days later. Having to put up with my brother for 3 days is probably worse. He's a computer-toucher who loudly espouses the opinion that a life spent not touching computers is a life wasted.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Good luck to all those whose Christmas just means an extended panic attack

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If he loves touching them so much maybe he could do like me and spend christmas doing that instead of inflicting himself on other people.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i'm going to have a biiiiiiiiig christmas day wank :jackbud:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
i wonder what the queen will say

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
she'll say hellair ay em the queen, so ay em, may hasbahnd dayed thees yawh, so he did, and ay have been reet gutted about it, like :monocle:

like that

crispix fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 25, 2021

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
Happy Christmas everyone, you're a great bunch of lads in here.
I'm going to what will be the last parkrun for a while, again, tomorrow, then watching Casablanca on BBC2 and having a roast cooked for me.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Mugsbaloney posted:

be better to share a toothbrush now rather than having to reset the timer if another one of us gets it in a few days.

The timer doesn't reset, because the test and trace system is a joke
Source: worked for test and trace

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

crispix posted:

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I think she'll just smile politely and wait for security imo.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
i am up and awake feeding a baby because this baby wont loving stop being hungry GO TO SLEEP ALREADY

loving entitled generation, wanting food all the time :argh: when i was a baby,

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
UP BUM NO BABY :mcrappe:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

hap christ

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

haptic christ is the new vr game sensation where you get to experience the crucifixion firsthand (and feet)

mery cribler everybody.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
wouldn't be the first time, virtual or otherwise, i'd been left for dead and woke up days later in a cave somewhere

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Haploid Christ would be a logical outcome of the virgin birth, but it would probably make him a trans guy with Turner syndrome.

The happiest Christmas because terves hate it.

Hieronymus Broxmas everyone

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Guavanaut posted:

Haploid Christ would be a logical outcome of the virgin birth, but it would probably make him a trans guy with Turner syndrome.

The happiest Christmas because terves hate it.

Hieronymus Broxmas everyone

some powerful avatar material hiding in that image

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

crispix posted:

Lol that this is the Xmas post

Happy Xmas folks

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Merry Christmas you weirdos. I love you all.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

crispix posted:

and merry christmas one and all

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Nadolig Llawen

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
NOLLAIG SHONA DHUIT AGUS TIOCFAIDH AR LA :tfrxmas:

agus yipee ki yay

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i mean yipee cá haigh

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

crispix posted:

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

sebzilla posted:

Merry Christmas you weirdos. I love you all.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I went out earlier and was pleasantly surprised we had a cloudless night. Not had many chances to stargaze this year.

Council started installing new street lights about a decade ago & they cut down dramatically on light pollution. Which would be great if they hadn't stopped after doing one bloody street.

Look to the sky, it's pretty.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
watch the skis

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

crispix posted:

watch the skis

I'm lookin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3DlFVEEs7U

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Happy Christmas, you cakey pigs

I really do love you all

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I do wish alcohol wouldn't mess up my sleep cycle, up since 23:35 last night.

Anyways i do wish you all a wonderful and as stress free a Xmas day as is possible during our current millennium. :cheersbird:

(*grumbles* peeling sprouts at 4:50am *grumbles*)

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Renfield posted:

The timer doesn't reset, because the test and trace system is a joke
Source: worked for test and trace

Does this mean if I got it today I could buzz free and spread my feculent blessings like a very crap Santa?

Also merry Christmas everybody - it has made a real difference over the last few years to have a reminder that not everyone in the UK is a frothing Murdoch zombie.

Mugsbaloney fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Dec 25, 2021

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Goldskull posted:

Raya and the Last Dragon (I screwed up the quote first time)

Came here to say that, I really enjoyed that. Despite her terrible stage name Awkwafina's consistently great in everything I've seen.
We use pots of Lazy Garlic despite always having cloves, makes life easier to put them in home made bloodshots.
My Xmas gift to you, for those that like drinking:
1 bottle Big Tom tomato juice (or your preference, I found Cawstons a bit thin)
Vodka of your choice
Garlic (crushed or lazy)
Horseradish
Worcester Sauce
Cayenne pepper
Lemon juice
Red wine (optional)

Distill about half to 2/5ths of the Big Tom out to another container, stick a funnel in the top. Drop the amount of pepper you want in (I go with half a teaspoon or so), a loaded teaspoon of garlic, some lemon juice, pour vodka in and ram down with a chopstick. Repeat with a loaded teaspoon of horseradish, and a glug of red wine. Top the bottle up with vodka, give it a good shake.

Took us a while to get the mix right but hey, experiment, we're on the 8th go now and it's fantastic as a shot.

As someone who hates tomato juice but absolutely loves a good Bloody Mary, this sounds like heaven. Not sure about the red wine though.

Merry Christmas, thread. Thanks for the good times and general support, I hope you all have a nice Christmas. I just got back to bed after doing presents with my 10 year old sister and wowzers do I feel a great deal of sympathy for people who get dawn raided.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

OwlFancier posted:

haptic christ is the new vr game sensation where you get to experience the crucifixion firsthand (and feet)

mery cribler everybody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4fuMh25GiA

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Merry Trussmass.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

who gave mdickie a budget

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Merry Christmas all. I spend more time lurking in this thread then I do talking to my actual friends, so maybe in a weird creepy kind of way this means that everyone in here is actually my BEST FRIEND.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

OwlFancier posted:

who gave mdickie a budget

honestly i'd love to see what mdickie could do with an AAA budget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
MEREMY CHROMBLIM