Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

it's not a good idea to attend a gathering of any type during the 2 day doubling time of a potentially lethal virus VS yes it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

surely next christmas will be better

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

you stole my snipe GB but i christmas forgive you

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

People getting pissed off when I tell them this Christmas will kill 100K Americans not realizing that's the *optimistic* estimate lol.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Zisky posted:

Wondering how many goons itt folded and decided to see other people for Christmas.
My family is doing a short, N95-masked gathering. There are only 4 of us and we are all wfh hermits who only go out for vaccine appointments, so here’s hoping.

We are doing a cookie and mask exchange, where everyone brings enough of their favorite cookies and their favorite N95s for everyone to be able to take some goodies home to sample. :3:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

meet girls at the store posted:

My family is doing a short, N95-masked gathering. There are only 4 of us and we are all wfh hermits who only go out for vaccine appointments, so here’s hoping.

We are doing a cookie and mask exchange, where everyone brings enough of their favorite cookies and their favorite N95s for everyone to be able to take some goodies home to sample. :3:

seems like a pointless risk but it is what it is

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Saucer Hovers posted:

surely next christmas will be better

A long December and there's reason to believe
Maybe this year won't be better than the last

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Lastgirl posted:

i've been looking at this for an hour.

It's a gift that keeps on giving. Somehow it took me awhile to notice the golden mouthpiece and how it completely changes the expression.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Google Butt posted:

seems like a pointless risk but it is what it is

seeing your loved ones is pointless

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Lol I’m watching my family in social media who has a positive COVID member and they’re having a maskless dinner party. The giant family party was cancelled apparently tonight, everyone got cold feet but I bet the younger, single ones all went to hang out because they’re dumb as rocks.

Anyway, why the gently caress would you be around your mom (my cousin) without a mask if she’s positive with covid? I guarantee her kids who are in their teens are still seeing their friends even thought they’re a plague house. I just want to pull my hair out even though it’s not impacting me. Just utter stupidity.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1474526497432121345?s=19

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

nexous posted:

seeing your loved ones is pointless

this might possibly be the worst time in your existence to see your loved ones, unless you hate them of course

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Google Butt posted:

this might possibly be the worst time in your existence to see your loved ones, unless you hate them of course

I don’t particularly like mine, which is why I’m not leavin the house, but a n95 meetup seems fine to me but then again I just had a wedding

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Objective Action posted:

Merry Christmas covid thread para-social friends. I love each and every one of you and I hope none of you die.

Cheers.

Yup. Also, PNW goons, please don't freeze to death.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

nexous posted:

I don’t particularly like mine, which is why I’m not leavin the house, but a n95 meetup seems fine to me but then again I just had a wedding

yeah but like why do it during the exponential phase of the most virulent virus known to mankind haha

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Google Butt posted:

yeah but like why do it during the exponential phase of the most virulent virus known to mankind haha

cause Santa Clause

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Just went to pick up Chinese food. The place was takeout-only for the longest time but was full of maskless diners and dicknosing servers. good thing covid is over

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

SpaceCadetBob posted:

So after being the “covid bad news guy” for the last two years straight. Today of all days, Ive been on the phone with no less than four people needing help understanding what to do now that their cousin/co-worker/girlfriend/kid tested positive.

Suddenly I’m “guy who knows how to handle covid”, and I have to thank the thread, as I wouldn’t be that guy without all of you.

With that said, holy gently caress people have no idea what to do when covid hits their life.

I just bought a rapid test, should I use it now? No your contact was only yesterday, you need to wait 4 days.

If my kid is positive, can I go back to work Monday? No you fucktart, you are considered an ongoing exposure and you need to stay home!(actually the CDC says they can because they got J&J 9 months ago so clearly covid cant get them, and all they need to do is wear a mask. good thing no one knows how to google cdc covid guidelines)

what a long day.

this post reminds me of when someone posted in the climate change thread that its posters will one day become known as "the person who knows poo poo" by their peers when poo poo hits the fan

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Thinking about how my family is currently judging everyone celebrating Christmas in person, despite having the equivalent of in person Christmas every day. Thinking about how of all times this is when my sister decided it's time to finally eat inside a restaurant. Lol.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
10 pages behind but look, I made a dozen Christmas To Go dinners for people who didn’t feel safe visiting family

leg of lamb with mint/parsley/mustard relish and balsamic glaze, vegan stuffing waffles, cheese macaroni, carrots, vegan mashed potato, Hawaii rolls, sweet potato and pumpkin pie

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

10 pages behind but look, I made a dozen Christmas To Go dinners for people who didn’t feel safe visiting family

leg of lamb with mint/parsley/mustard relish and balsamic glaze, vegan stuffing waffles, cheese macaroni, carrots, vegan mashed potato, Hawaii rolls, sweet potato and pumpkin pie

that owns

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

wow, yum!

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Steve Yun posted:

a good man

speng31b
May 8, 2010

stfu matty

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol true for 400k+ Americans

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Failson posted:

Yup. Also, PNW goons, please don't freeze to death.

Just did a video call with my Vancouver family with huge flakes coming down. Meanwhile I have this in the background

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

thank you

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

looks incredible

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
do Aussie Xmas songs just sing about beach hangouts?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Objective Action posted:

Merry Christmas covid thread para-social friends. I love each and every one of you and I hope none of you die.

Cheers.

that's very sweet and also same.

I'm watching wrasslin and I can't fathom that more of these unmasked, go-everywhere, constantly traveling dudes haven't had covid.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

sonatinas posted:

do Aussie Xmas songs just sing about beach hangouts?

Aussies still think they're displaced Brits for the most part so it's the same stuff.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Steve Yun posted:

Looks delicious and you’re good people Steve Yun

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

pretty happy to not be doing anything for christmas it's on a saturday ffs

e: and yeah I also hope you all stay alive

Shifty Nipples fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 25, 2021

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Shear Modulus posted:

my favorite part is that the headline doesn't even say what the change is

Writing clickbait headlines to communicate important changes to health advice. Gotta get those page impressions!

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Objective Action posted:

Cheers.

Same, cheers and good health for all my posting pals. God bless you all.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Steve Yun posted:

Steve Yum

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

thats the good stuff :)

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I understand the concept of loving one’s family so much that you are willing to die in a plague for them but also the concept of loving one’s family so much that you choose not to risk killing them in a plague.

Steve Yun posted:

Bless!

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Helith posted:

Looks delicious and you’re good people Steve Yun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

steve yum