Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
santa doesn't concern himself with travelling the world; instead, he creates a stable time loop and uses his reality bending powers to shift all christmas tree locations in the world to be within 1 km from each other from his point of view. then, being in a stable time loop, he can deliver all presents at a casual pace - to us, it seems like it's barely a minute had passed, to him it's roughly 10 000 years. he doesn't mind, he's used to that. he's also used to seeing hundreds, thousands of past and future selves going around in that same time loop, delivering presents. he even stops to greet and cheer up an occasional past self; "ho ho ho!" he proclaims cheerfully, knowing that his jolly work will continue forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/terminatorlake/status/1474165644132118539?t=2mAGYOOe1kKqzdjZRoO8jA&s=19

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

nurmie posted:

santa doesn't concern himself with travelling the world; instead, he creates a stable time loop and uses his reality bending powers to shift all christmas tree locations in the world to be within 1 km from each other from his point of view. then, being in a stable time loop, he can deliver all presents at a casual pace - to us, it seems like it's barely a minute had passed, to him it's roughly 10 000 years. he doesn't mind, he's used to that. he's also used to seeing hundreds, thousands of past and future selves going around in that same time loop, delivering presents. he even stops to greet and cheer up an occasional past self; "ho ho ho!" he proclaims cheerfully, knowing that his jolly work will continue forever

Honestly out of all the scenarios of how Santa travels around the world in one night this is probably the most plausible one

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Yeah, we all know this isn't an ADHD thing, it's an 'Americans' thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssjokgx0pUQ

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hihohe posted:

See thats the thing about Santa and Goons.

believing in Santa is totally cool if you generally had a good childhood.

but goons are like "My parents kept me in a box till i was 10 because I didnt say the Lords prayer right and i think believing in Santa is poo poo"

its like no duh your gonna be thinkin that

people like me stopped believing in Santa gradually. I cant even remember when i stopped but i do know i was just like, of course hes not real, that makes way more sense. neither are wizards and dragons and unicorns. people make it out to be some horrible thing, like your putting them through a crisis of faith or some poo poo.

Like no I'm pretty sure it was the other child abuse stuff, not the santa stuff that hosed you up.

Yeah if you had bad times as a kid Santa won't change that. Santa will however tell you that you deserved it. The kids from affluent families get better gifts from Santa than kids from poor or neglectful parents because they are Good boys and girls.

Santa is your first chance to teach your kids that the Just World Fallacy is good and true.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah if you had bad times as a kid Santa won't change that. Santa will however tell you that you deserved it. The kids from affluent families get better gifts from Santa than kids from poor or neglectful parents because they are Good boys and girls.

Santa is your first chance to teach your kids that the Just World Fallacy is good and true.

Karl Marx would give you an atomic wedgie you joyless dork.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Powered Descent posted:

Is "drunk in his socks" a new expression of extreme inebriation that I haven't run across, or did he actually, like, lose his shoes

no he intentionally took his shoes off in the first five minutes as it became increasingly clear that he 1) was drunk and 2) didn’t have any kind of planned outline or anything

honestly it was pretty a pretty entertaining evening overall if you take him as a weird enthusiastic bill nye wannabe for grownups instead of Captain I loving Love Science

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Keeping with the theme
https://twitter.com/MarlowNYC/status/1474569489295491078

I think he has some sort of beef with Santa

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i remember him being regarded as some sort of fond meme figure and then the moment he started being active on twitter the attitude shifted to “nvm he’s an idiot”

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
NDGT has the Dr. Phil thing where they constantly talk about weight and health like they don't have cheeseburger uncle bodies

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'll give him begrudging credit for 'Rudolph has been misgendered', that one's actually managing to package an interesting fact and a bit of good humor. It's not the best delivered thing, but it's getting there.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

"If Santa is 'magical' as you claim, can he kiss any part of his body on a mirror other than his lips?"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
you do not, in fact, gotta hand it to him

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Going Reddit atheist but for Santa

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Wolfechu posted:

"If Santa is 'magical' as you claim, can he kiss any part of his body on a mirror other than his lips?"

Santa doesn't have a reflection

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Brawnfire posted:

Santa doesn't have a reflection

That can't be right, Santa's whole thing is breaking and entering, he can't be a vampire.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cleretic posted:

That can't be right, Santa's whole thing is breaking and entering, he can't be a vampire.

I think milk and cookies and a letter saying what you want him to bring you count as an invitation.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wish he would get vaporized

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Anyone that has left out milk and cookies has technically invited him in.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Here👇cums😩💦slutty Claus🎅🏻 Here👇cums😩💦slutty Claus🎅🏻 Here👇cums😩💦slutty Claus🎅🏻right down⬇️my slutty💁‍♀️STOCKING🍑tonight🌚He knows when you’ve been slutty👯‍♀️and he knows when you’ve been horny😩💦so be 🎅🏻DADDY SANTA’S🎅🏻 little whore🍑🍆TONIGHT🌃 ITS🎄🍆DICKMAS🎄🍆all you HOT CHRISTMAS SLUTS are on the 🤬NAUGHTY LIST🤬this year. So that means 🎅🏻DADDY SANTA🎅🏻will be cumming💦🍄down⬇️your chimneys🏠His SACK💰is full of CUMMYS💦💧for all the boys💁‍♂️and girls💁‍♀️out there. Get ready to have your stockings🧦STUFFED🍆😩and your rear end🍑UNWRAPPED🎁 Send this to twenty of your naughtiest😈Christmas🎄elves🧝‍♂️ Get zero0️⃣ back and you get nothing❌ but COAL🪨(up⬆️your rear end🍑) get 5️⃣and you’re Santa’s🎅🏻little helper🧝‍♀️ALL NIGHT LONG🍆and it is LONG🍄. Get 🔟back and Santa🎅🏻 will sit🪑you on his lap🍆and fill your stocking🍑with his CUMMYS💦1️⃣5️⃣back and Santa🎅🏻will be delivering😩💦 a 🎁MASSIVE package🍆just for you2️⃣0️⃣back and you are the new 🧑‍🎄MRS CLAUS🧑‍🎄and you get 🎄Christmas cummies💦💧ALL YEAR ROUND🗓

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Splash Attack posted:

i remember him being regarded as some sort of fond meme figure and then the moment he started being active on twitter the attitude shifted to “nvm he’s an idiot”

Known in the literature as “Doing a Dawkins”

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Here👇cums😩💦slutty Claus🎅🏻 Here👇cums😩💦slutty Claus🎅🏻 Here👇cums😩💦slutty Claus🎅🏻right down⬇️my slutty💁‍♀️STOCKING🍑tonight🌚He knows when you’ve been slutty👯‍♀️and he knows when you’ve been horny😩💦so be 🎅🏻DADDY SANTA’S🎅🏻 little whore🍑🍆TONIGHT🌃 ITS🎄🍆DICKMAS🎄🍆all you HOT CHRISTMAS SLUTS are on the 🤬NAUGHTY LIST🤬this year. So that means 🎅🏻DADDY SANTA🎅🏻will be cumming💦🍄down⬇️your chimneys🏠His SACK💰is full of CUMMYS💦💧for all the boys💁‍♂️and girls💁‍♀️out there. Get ready to have your stockings🧦STUFFED🍆😩and your rear end🍑UNWRAPPED🎁 Send this to twenty of your naughtiest😈Christmas🎄elves🧝‍♂️ Get zero0️⃣ back and you get nothing❌ but COAL🪨(up⬆️your rear end🍑) get 5️⃣and you’re Santa’s🎅🏻little helper🧝‍♀️ALL NIGHT LONG🍆and it is LONG🍄. Get 🔟back and Santa🎅🏻 will sit🪑you on his lap🍆and fill your stocking🍑with his CUMMYS💦1️⃣5️⃣back and Santa🎅🏻will be delivering😩💦 a 🎁MASSIVE package🍆just for you2️⃣0️⃣back and you are the new 🧑‍🎄MRS CLAUS🧑‍🎄and you get 🎄Christmas cummies💦💧ALL YEAR ROUND🗓

I haven't seen one of these in donkey's! It's a Christmas miracle!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

God bless.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Splash Attack posted:

Ah, the Dick Dorkins classic

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Cleretic posted:

That would be an issue, if he wasn’t in fact the original owner of all dwellings

Pustulio
Mar 21, 2012

The season is truly blessed now..

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Thank you The Daddiest Rhino for the tidings of Christmas Cummies 🙏

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
my god goons have literally the worst takes on every subject ever

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Someone's mad they got 0 back

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Bargearse posted:

my god goons have literally the worst takes on every subject ever

I’ve just been reading Goon recipes for Xmas roast potatoes and you’re not wrong

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Cleretic posted:

I'll give him begrudging credit for 'Rudolph has been misgendered', that one's actually managing to package an interesting fact and a bit of good humor. It's not the best delivered thing, but it's getting there.

i don't give him credit. santa is respectful of trans masc rudolph :colbert:

check out the slapfight in the replies
https://twitter.com/dirtpiss/status/1474312055079378944
https://twitter.com/maximum_pepsi_/status/1474327538017222658
continued in thread

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I don't get it at all. Is it accurate or not? What does people have problems with here?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Feliday Melody posted:

I don't get it at all. Is it accurate or not? What does people have problems with here?
From what I understand (I could be completely wrong)

The term object permanence is usually a basic tool used to compare animal intelligence. Most animals can't do it, block off line of site and as far as the animal knows the object is gone. Babies develop it around 5 months.

Some people with ADHD have "out of sight out of mind" they know they object is still there, they just struggle to keep their attention on it, some people also call this object permanence.

So using the term "object permanence" is kind of insulting as your insinuating ADHD people lack a key component of human intelligence which they do not.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Feliday Melody posted:

Object permanence is a thing that babies develop around eight to nine months old and means "just because I cannot see the thing I realise that the thing doesn't stop existing". Whether or not you remember where you put your keys, you know your keys don't stop existing because you can't see them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mega Comrade posted:

The term object permanence is usually a basic tool used to compare animal intelligence. Most animals can't do it, block off line of site and as far as the animal knows the object is gone. Babies develop it around 5 months.

Some people with ADHD have "out of sight out of mind" they know they object is still there, they just struggle to keep their attention on it, some people also call this object permanence.

So using the term "object permanence" is kind of insulting as your insinuating ADHD people lack a key component of human intelligence which they do not.

Do animals not have object permanence though? Like, most predators don't think prey is permanently gone the moment they lose sight of it, otherwise they'd all starve, right? If I put an object in between my cats and a toy they investigate.

Do my cats think I'm gone forever every time I'm not in the same room as them?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Skwirl posted:

Do animals not have object permanence though? Like, most predators don't think prey is permanently gone the moment they lose sight of it, otherwise they'd all starve, right? If I put an object in between my cats and a toy they investigate.

Do my cats think I'm gone forever every time I'm not in the same room as them?

Cats and dogs have a partially developed one. There have done studies and if you hide a toy, both often will fail the test. Hide food and they usually pass it maybe because of smell? Not sure why.

Primates have a high developed one, close to humans. A lot of predators have some level of it but a lot of prey animals have none.
I only know a cursory knowledge about it sorry.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Mega Comrade posted:

That makes sense. Thanks.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

This one's actually not true because Santa lives in Lapland.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

loving squirrels can remember where they stashed their nuts (mostly)

pointing out object permanence is delightful for determining which "i'm ADD" people are just unrecoverable loving idiots

/e: i feel bad about the way i said that, but not bad enough to change it

stringless has a new favorite as of 12:41 on Dec 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I would imagine animals like rodents and birds that store up/cache food must have some kind of object permanence, but a grazing animal wouldn't really need it