Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Happy Christmas everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Soylent Yellow posted:

My brother and his 8 month pregnant antivax wife are coming over to stay tomorrow, right after spending 2 days staying with her antivax family. If anything is going to break my 21 month high-score run of avoiding the Covid, this is going to be it. I was hoping that the rules for family meetings in Wales would change between the brother and his family I actually tolerate turning up and them, but no joy. I've never been more tempted to take a red biro to a lateral flow test.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Merry Christmas goons

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Mugsbaloney posted:

Does this mean if I got it today I could buzz free and spread my feculent blessings like a very crap Santa?

It's complicated - if someone in your household tests positive, and you're Not vaxed, you have to isolate for 10days (well, 7 now)- testing if you get symptoms.
If someone else in the house tests positive during those 10(7) days, the timer doesn't reset.

If you Are vaxed (or unvaxed and under 18), you isolate until you can get a negative PCR test- with that you're free to leave the house etc.
If someone else later tests positive, you have to get another test and isolate until you get another negative result.

Time for the traditional xmas breakfast of marmite on toast, and then start getting the stuff ready for lunch. Veggy Madras.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

IMO don't make Cheesestrings the centrepiece of your Christmas dinner.

Merry Christmas UKMT goons. May your stockings be red & full of the heads of the bourgeoisie

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Apparently there was a massive 15 person street fight outside my window last night around 5am and I slept through the whole thing. Can’t believe I’d miss a Christmas treat like that

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I hope a man beat up a car with his fists.

Ikwaylx
Aug 19, 2011

Drop the bandibass!

Meremy corbmas everyone, I wish you all a Christmas with minimum aggro from Tory affiliated extended family members

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.
Merry Christmas, all. May your sock drawers runneth over.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I meticulously checked the cheesestrings last night. Happy Christmas. :cheerdoge:

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Merry Christmas to one and all.

Except tories.

gently caress them.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

My brother and his wife and kids all have covid thanks to having dinner a few days ago with her brother, who is an unvaxed wannabe influencer moron.

Merrry Corbmas

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Merry Christmas goons! Thanks again to everyone who's donated to the Solidarity Fund this year, the generosity has been incredible. Have an excellent day and feel good about yourselves.

gently caress the Tories (of all flavours).

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Jeremerry Christmasbyn everyone, even those who have to put up with their families bullshit. We're your real family now. I'd like a PS5 for crimbo tia

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Ikwaylx posted:

Meremy corbmas everyone, I wish you all a Christmas with minimum aggro from Tory affiliated extended family members

Thank you, this is relevant to my interests

And I'm properly loving Meremy Corbmas lmao

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

sebzilla posted:

Merry Christmas you weirdos. I love you all.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you manage to have a good one, despite everything.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
Happy Christmas you goddamn lovely goons
Now eat til it all makes sense

Deketh fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Dec 25, 2021

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Merry Christmas all. May your presents be Lynx-free and may your dinners be massive.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
merry christmas all

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

forkboy84 posted:

Council started installing new street lights about a decade ago & they cut down dramatically on light pollution. Which would be great if they hadn't stopped after doing one bloody street.

Council stopped spending money after 2010? Hmmm, I wonder why.

Merry Christmas to everyone who didn't vote for Tories or Brexit.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Merry Christmas.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bASvwP2U_m8

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
Merry Christmas comrades

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Going on a conversation I had with my siblings earlier in the year, I agreed that we would only buy the children in the family gifts.

Turns out I might have been the only one who stuck by that rule.
So really the question is how many people are going to get upset.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

kingturnip posted:

Going on a conversation I had with my siblings earlier in the year, I agreed that we would only buy the children in the family gifts.

gently caress em

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Should've got that poo poo in writing. Never trust verbal gift agreements!! (only trust your fists)

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Merry Christmas from a freezing village hall where we're trying to organise a dinner for the old 'uns, and the parish council chair is refusing to turn the heating on as some sort of parish council power play :wtc:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
suggest setting light to the parish council chair as a non-fossil fuel alternative

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

mrpwase posted:

Merry Christmas from a freezing village hall where we're trying to organise a dinner for the old 'uns, and the parish council chair is refusing to turn the heating on as some sort of parish council power play :wtc:

That's v good of you. Shame about the kunts

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

kingturnip posted:

You should be upset with them for breaking the rules.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mrpwase posted:

Sounds like someone didn't get visited by enough ghosts last night.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Julio Cruz posted:

suggest setting light to the parish council chair as a non-fossil fuel alternative

Parish council members generally are fossils.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
sounds like you have no authority there

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Some kindly people turned up with some bar heaters and we've got some cups of tea on so I think we'll survive, it's a slightly grim Christmas miracle

Have a good one comrades!

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

mrpwase posted:

Tell him you'll call the local paper if he doesn't turn it on. Or threaten to break open whatever cupboard or room the controls are in and turn it on yourself. What a git.
Merry crimble for those celebrating. I ate the last of my Xmas food last night so I'm on a baked potato for the next 2 days til the shops open again.

Xmas helplines

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/tips-for-everyday-living/christmas-and-mental-health/useful-contacts/

I posted a list a few days ago too if anyone needs to check back through my posts.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
You should hook as many of those super inefficient electric heaters up as possible to cost the parish far more than if they just stuck the heating on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Tell him you'll call the local paper if he doesn't turn it on. Or threaten to break open whatever cupboard or room the controls are in and turn it on yourself.

This, then grass him up to the local paper anyway.