Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Erulisse posted:

remember to panic login on 25 to get free mtx box

oh great now I have to think about time zones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

von Braun posted:

Having many exalts doesnt mean being good at the game at all jesus.

Delve is my favorite

https://twitter.com/ds_lily_/status/1473694946272153613?s=21

No forsaken masters? Back flags are awesome, one of my faves just because of that.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
anyone have a good TR Pathfinder build handy, or should I reroll as a Champion before I get too high? heh

e: or would Raider be good? I'm on Atlas Invasion SC

Magus42 fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 24, 2021

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

whypick1 posted:

6 unique Simple Robes dropped for me in A1, 0 Tabulas :smith:

Fought Eradicator in Northern Forest and he dropped one :unsmith:

Also got some 796% Facebreakers I'm tempted to use.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Poison Concoction is so fun, might be my go-to for league starters from now on.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Got my first ever Shaper kill today at level 8 :smuggo:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Poison Concoction is so fun, might be my go-to for league starters from now on.

It's certainly the easiest league starter I've ever tried, given that the entire build is "poison concoction + any old poo poo on the tree".

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rakeris posted:

No forsaken masters? Back flags are awesome, one of my faves just because of that.

I don't think I've used the Apprentice Set in a thousand years. I never use the sword and flask back attachment either cuz the drat thing clips even with vanilla gear.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m doing a champion sword something because i think saviour should drop a lot

But now that I think about it Sirus won’t spawn

drat

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

euphronius posted:

This does not seem like a good event to be HC for

Especially because one of the bosses (some version of Shav) is un-scaled so you just get one-shot.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

totalnewbie posted:

Especially because one of the bosses (some version of Shav) is un-scaled so you just get one-shot.

Yeah, Prison Shav hosed me up a few times so far, she's on my "avoid like the plague" list along with Chayula.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
I just got the achievement for getting all the Shaper shards by killing the Elder in the Lower Prison on Act 1.

I will take that since it seems I never get far enough into leagues to fight either of them for real.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Does Atlas Invasion have the normal core stuff like Expedition?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Only thing missing AFAIK is Scourge

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Well, done with Endless Heist at 75. Maybe I’ll grind out 80, but not sure I care enough.

I did RF Inquisitor. It was ok. I was a bit overcapped on res and could have probably afforded to drop Purity of Elements for Determination or something else. There was a bit of room to further optimize if I really wanted, but trade in these short leagues is pretty crappy so I couldn’t be assed to do so.

As expected, RF was pretty good against the swarms of enemies but was a bit slower to kill rare+ mobs. But, I learned that the playstyle didn’t really feel satisfying to me. It’s hard to beat on kill explosions for pack clear and/or range.

On to the next mini event league. Thinking I may try that CoC EOW Inquis. Think that’ll be viable in this short league?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Ruggan posted:

Well, done with Endless Heist at 75. Maybe I’ll grind out 80, but not sure I care enough.

I did RF Inquisitor. It was ok. I was a bit overcapped on res and could have probably afforded to drop Purity of Elements for Determination or something else. There was a bit of room to further optimize if I really wanted, but trade in these short leagues is pretty crappy so I couldn’t be assed to do so.

As expected, RF was pretty good against the swarms of enemies but was a bit slower to kill rare+ mobs. But, I learned that the playstyle didn’t really feel satisfying to me. It’s hard to beat on kill explosions for pack clear and/or range.

On to the next mini event league. Thinking I may try that CoC EOW Inquis. Think that’ll be viable in this short league?

Scorching ray and immortal infernal cry helps a bunch against single target.

vvvv yep thanks

totalnewbie fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Dec 25, 2021

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I'm assuming you meant "Infernal Cry" and not "Immortal Cry"

Plural
Dec 25, 2008

"Car accident? That was no car accident. 24 died in a car intentional."
If anyone here is done with league and has a +2 Proj Shadowstitch to sell, hmu. Wanna make my league dream of making GBS threads out Eye of Winters a reality.

Happy Christmas y’all!

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Well, I didn't run into Shaper on the Coast in Atlas Invasion, but he sure was in the Tidal Island!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Great mechanic for this mini season, lots of fun.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
7 tabulas so far, this is hilarious.

Good chunk of the way to a loreweave and not even through the campaign yet.

A++ would play again

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

logger posted:

this league we are all tie23

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Atlas Invasion should go core. Appreciate having a Tabula, two Screaming Eagle, Asenath's Mark and Karui Ward at A2 start. Gotta go fast!

whypick1 posted:

Only thing missing AFAIK is Scourge

Good

Erulisse posted:

remember to panic login on 25 to get free mtx box

Is that a thing? I'm logged in and visited the store but I don't see anything. Was it only last year?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

euphronius posted:

This does not seem like a good event to be HC for

So many rips, think I managed level 12 once then a ton of mud flats and tidal island deaths. Scaling at early A1 is just nuts, resetting zones to avoid 1-shots.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

hawowanlawow posted:

oh great now I have to think about time zones

Nah its ok, they made it till 8 jan to redeem.
Open ingame store first, then it will be in MTX stash

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

pretty funny mode.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

logger posted:

same but level 3

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Yeah it’s real rippy in early A1 but then with a tabula and tons of uniques it gets pretty easy by the end of the act. Even only stopping to kill the invasion bosses you end up way over leveled. I think this is the fastest I’ve ever killed Mervail.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Event is fun but also real easy. Most of the map bosses are easier than any of the actual act unique enemies (not to mention Einhar beasts), and the amount of uniques you get is pretty silly.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Zero VGS posted:

Is that a thing? I'm logged in and visited the store but I don't see anything. Was it only last year?

Oh OK the free box now. I got some Siren Boots to go with my... Siren Boots

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If anyone wants to try COC Inquisitor eow in scourge i m done you can have my gear. Send me a PM. Its maybe 15 x worth of stuff IDk.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Saw shav's wrappings drop for the first time ever. They are worth a grand total of 7c this voided season.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

euphronius posted:

If anyone wants to try COC Inquisitor eow in scourge i m done you can have my gear. Send me a PM. Its maybe 15 x worth of stuff IDk.

That’s generous. I’d take you up on it if I had an inquis I could regret over, but nope. I’ll probably just try the build in the voided temp league.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Saddens me to say, but the novelty of this event wore off pretty quickly (by reaching act 4 town to be exactly)

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I've just reached maps, and the campaign kinda just feels like standard with a bunch of extra uniques per map.
Might have to pay some attention if Shaper or some of the other top end bosses show up, but everything else is basically loot pinatas.

Plural
Dec 25, 2008

"Car accident? That was no car accident. 24 died in a car intentional."

euphronius posted:

Hey, man! Building this now and would love the help. It’s been a slow league for me. Sent you a PM. :)

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Any news on the next league yet?

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
So, I just killed Sirus the first time today with my Seismic Trap Saboteur and i'm kinda stumped,
is there any sort of story after this except Maven or am I basically done at this point?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this game has a story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Mr.Misfit posted:

So, I just killed Sirus the first time today with my Seismic Trap Saboteur and i'm kinda stumped,
is there any sort of story after this except Maven or am I basically done at this point?

Basically, until GGG changes the endgame which is presumably happening this upcoming expansion. There's other minor story threads like the Expedition crew and Shaper/Elder, but those are more like appendices compared to the main story of Exile ---> Killing Templars ---> Killing Gods ---> Killing Conquerors