Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Twas The Night Before Christmas, and Sanguinia got an LP update done before midnight as a gift for all her lovely readers. It's a BIIIIIG one. Enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

You can see them all here: https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Retainer/Dialogue

Some other good ones:

-Serious male miqote just ellipses at you
-Carefree male viera is an alcoholic
-Independent female au ra has "tsundere" lines for everything, like "I-It's not like I want to sell your items or anything." Except for when she returns a venture, she says "Alright, take yer shite and quit leerin' at me arse. ...What? Ye can't seriously expect me to humor yer fetishes all the time, can ye? "

The lively male Viera is also basically just a Lopporit in an all-growed-up body.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Fister Roboto posted:

You can see them all here: https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Retainer/Dialogue

Some other good ones:

-Serious male miqote just ellipses at you
-Carefree male viera is an alcoholic
-Independent female au ra has "tsundere" lines for everything, like "I-It's not like I want to sell your items or anything." Except for when she returns a venture, she says "Alright, take yer shite and quit leerin' at me arse. ...What? Ye can't seriously expect me to humor yer fetishes all the time, can ye? "
One of my retainers is a Carefree Au Ra female and she is 100% being gay and doin' crimes

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Mordiceius posted:

I'm using full Handsaint gear and this macro took me all the way to 90:

I quick synth all intermediate crafts then just use that on the final item, can use all NQ materials.

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

sirtommygunn posted:

Finally make it to the top of the Kugane tower, server error, log back in, I've lost some progress, try to jump back up, fall, life is pain.

Can you cheat the tower with the resper teleport now? (Place portal, try jump, teleport back)

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Tamba posted:

Can you cheat the tower with the resper teleport now? (Place portal, try jump, teleport back)

placing the portal requires yeeting yourself in a direction already so no

however this sounds really fun to do once you're actually on top, someone please try this

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Mister Olympus posted:

placing the portal requires yeeting yourself in a direction already so no

But you could port forward against a wall, which should place it at your position.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
based on my experience with movement abilities and walls in this game, I don't think so--you'd need to hit it at an extremely precise 90 degree angle to not slide off in one direction or another.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
man I like Sage and everything but I don't know if I know how to play it. maybe it plays better at 90, wall to wall pulling is not indicitive of trials/raids.
or maybe I'm just better suited to unga bunga caveman brain ranking where I only really have to worry about myself, and maybe throwing tbn onto people who might die.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
SGE at 90 is incredibly fun but, yeah, wall pulling is definitely not a good look at how it handles in "serious" raiding environments.

Doesn't help that many tanks right now are just godawful. The last tunnel of the first EW dungeon is absolute hell on my SGE at the moment because so many DRKs think they can just do it like normal with like half our CDs up from the previous boss. Fun fact: they cannot.

I would rather chainrun the Expert dungeons all day than handle that alley. The 90's are considerably easier on both SGE and for the tanks than the first two dungeons.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Dec 25, 2021

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Axel Serenity posted:

SGE at 90 is incredibly fun but, yeah, wall pulling is definitely not a good look at how it handles in "serious" raiding environments.

Doesn't help that many tanks right now are just godawful. The last tunnel of the first EW dungeon is absolute hell on my SGE at the moment because so many DRKs think they can just do it like normal with like half our CDs up from the previous boss. Fun fact: they cannot.

I would rather chainrun the Expert dungeons all day than handle that alley. The 90's are considerably easier on both SGE and for the tanks than the first two dungeons.

SGE is perfectly fine wall to wall IF your tank knows what a loving Cooldown is and not to just slap all of them on all at once. I've had runs with GNB where I never had to GCD heal them in pulls and runs where I was stuck down to Diagnosis spam because they just wouldn't stop taking damage.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

As a new tank, I’ve never considered the fact after dungeon bosses you shouldn’t do big pulls because the healer’s abilities may be on cooldown. I’ll have to keep that in mind!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Also tank are afraid to press their immunity buttons in pulls for some reason.

As a GNB player I mean this as honestly and helpfully as possible. DOn't be afraid to shoot yourself in a wall to wall if you're low.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

As a new tank, I’ve never considered the fact after dungeon bosses you shouldn’t do big pulls because the healer’s abilities may be on cooldown. I’ll have to keep that in mind!

I wouldn't be worried about that tbh. Bosses hit way less hard than trash and both healers and tanks should be saving CDs for the last third of the boss hp bar or so

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah I usually only use the short cooldown for tankbusters and reprisal/group mitigation for raidwides. You only need your big cooldowns if you actually make a mistake and get vuln stacks.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

I wouldn't be worried about that tbh. Bosses hit way less hard than trash and both healers and tanks should be saving CDs for the last third of the boss hp bar or so

You say that then pubbies just bathe in AoEs and force me to anyway.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Zeruel posted:

man I like Sage and everything but I don't know if I know how to play it. maybe it plays better at 90, wall to wall pulling is not indicitive of trials/raids.
or maybe I'm just better suited to unga bunga caveman brain ranking where I only really have to worry about myself, and maybe throwing tbn onto people who might die.

The fact that SGE's initial leveling dungeon range is 71-79 will end up leaving new healers with a sour taste in their mouth. Even for experienced healers, it can be a truly nightmare experience because of how difficult certain pulls are, especially when neither you nor the tank are downscaled for that dungeon's range. 80+ is mostly smooth sailing, since you have access to both Panhaima and Haima and can alternate between the two on large pulls.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Not every big pull is made equal, some of them are just more hosed up than others. And it also depends on how marginally you killed the boss and how many cooldowns the healer had to blow in the last minute. Most of the time you'll be fine but it can be a tight spot in some situations.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

As a GNB player I mean this as honestly and helpfully as possible. DOn't be afraid to shoot yourself in a wall to wall if you're low.

Excuse me, immunities should be reserved for the (one) situation of letting the rest of the group die so that I can solo the boss for 5-10 more seconds until I die as well.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

yeah, bosses are gentle compared to the trash pulls. if people were standing in lots of bad the healer might come out of a fight with a bunch of stuff on cooldown but really the bosses are the opportunity for the tank and healer to reset between pulls

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
On paladin, you can generally hallowed once before the first boss and again after the second boss. If you hallowed in between the first and second bosses you're probably not getting it back before the third boss starts

So basically, not using it on the toughest pull kf the first section is just letting a use go to waste

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Just remember that no matter how good your healer is, you should still plan on using a few cooldowns during the following wall pull. There's vanishingly few dungeon midbosses that can even potentially put you in a situation where you're tapped out on resources right before you kill them. Unless everybody in the party is so bad that they're never going to take advice anyway.

If nothing else you should have Arm's Length available for whichever between-boss wall pull is bigger. It's incredibly good mitigation against a dozen separate damage sources and its utility in most boss fights is limited.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’m very bad at not using Hallowed Ground, it’s the old “but I might need it later” thing. PLD is the only tank I’ve leveled, but I think I’ve heard that there other tank jobs have more mitigation techniques? PLD has Holy Sheltron now, at least

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also Arm's Length doesn't just keep you in place, you can also use it in big pulls to give all the enemies Slow

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

In Shadowbringers I'd often plan to use Superbolide on a couple of pulls and let the healer know ahead of time, though I'm finding lately that enough healers are letting me nearly die or straight-up die during pulls that I need to save Superbolide for actual emergencies now.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

A tank that actually uses arms length is usually a good one.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

On paladin, you can generally hallowed once before the first boss and again after the second boss. If you hallowed in between the first and second bosses you're probably not getting it back before the third boss starts

So basically, not using it on the toughest pull kf the first section is just letting a use go to waste

Depends on the dungeon. Twinning I'd say save it for after boss one because the start of the dungeon won't let you pull big enough to merit it and the stretch between one and two lets you do a massive pull.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Holmgang really is perfect for buying those few extra seconds of waiting for Raw Intuition to come off cooldown so you can do one or two AoE attacks and heal yourself back up to full.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Vermain posted:

The fact that SGE's initial leveling dungeon range is 71-79 will end up leaving new healers with a sour taste in their mouth. Even for experienced healers, it can be a truly nightmare experience because of how difficult certain pulls are, especially when neither you nor the tank are downscaled for that dungeon's range. 80+ is mostly smooth sailing, since you have access to both Panhaima and Haima and can alternate between the two on large pulls.

The Sacred soil equivalent needs to have the regen at a much lower level. Or makes physis lower level. Either one would make that 60 to 80 range less stressful.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'm that schmuck who leveled Sage 71-80 in Zadnor, but I imagine the dungeon trash pulls in that range go something like

Pull 1: Haima
Pull 2: use everything

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Thundarr posted:

I'm that schmuck who leveled Sage 71-80 in Zadnor, but I imagine the dungeon trash pulls in that range go something like

Haifa, kardia boost, dps like a devil and then through out your ogcd heals that also have dr and if your dps and tanks are good shits dead by then.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I haven't ever used Superbolide much, partly because the memes have me nervous about it, lol. But also I've rarely been in that bad a pinch.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm really butthurt at people putting up ilvl570 EWEX1 learning parties

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

hazardousmouse posted:

I'm really butthurt at people putting up ilvl570 EWEX1 learning parties

Yeah people love to do stupid poo poo like that. Just make your own at that point.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also I fuckin' love Heart of Corundum, yes please I would like to give myself Excog every 25 seconds

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Thundarr posted:

You usually just replace Panhaima with Soteria and try to figure out which pulls are toughest so that you can use Haima on whatever's gonna require the most healing. You also make use of Zoe-enhanced E.Diagnosis a lot more than usual. Obviously, this is all dependent on your tank rotating cooldowns and your DPS not being asleep at the wheel, but that's the case with most healers from 71-79.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

I haven't ever used Superbolide much, partly because the memes have me nervous about it, lol. But also I've rarely been in that bad a pinch.

Superbolide is great, it just got buffed in EW to last 10 seconds instead of 8 too. Just let your HP drop and then hit it at like 40-20%.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The last time I remember really using Superbolide is to run through the traps in DR.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Remember when it had the same CD as HG at SHB launch. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Thundarr posted:

The Sacred soil equivalent needs to have the regen at a much lower level. Or makes physis lower level. Either one would make that 60 to 80 range less stressful.

Physis is level 20, same as Whispering Dawn. The Sage and Scholar toolkits mostly keep pace. Holos, Panhaima, Krasis and Pneuma do more for Sage in dungeons than Fey Blessing, Seraph, Protraction and Expedient do for Scholar ... but it's not that much more. Krasis is the big loss, really, guessing that's what you meant?

Anyhow, you always want to put up your 60s cooldown +healing abilities first, especially before Haima, and you generally want to prefer using a -damage taken ability early on as well. So every big pull in 71-79 will go something like Physis > Taurochole > Haima OR Soteria > Druocholes > Eukrasian Diagnosis spam, with the big cooldown alternating between packs. It gets easier once you can Kerachole at 78 and hold Taurochole for later, easier again once you can add Panhaima and Holos to your buffed big cooldowns (again alternating between pulls), then finally Krasis lets you reach full power by making all the initial hots and haimas 20% bigger.

You shouldn't have to resort to Eukrasian Diagnosis spam in ShB dungeons if the tank is using cooldowns, except for the Mt Gulg wall pull after the 2nd boss.