Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

yes the goal is to kill the maximum amount of people, hope this helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

a little pandemic, as a treat.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Paradoxish posted:

What sucks is that people are already using these stories to try to counteract rising hospitalizations, even though someone with no symptoms who walks into an ER for a test isn't included in hospitalization figures at all.

Also the fact that this poo poo is happening at all is a direct result of our failure to provide good messaging and adequate testing infrastructure. We're going to respond by telling people not to get tested at all.

Open Biden, NUMBER GO UP

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
I'm sensing some people are kinda having their fill of the psychos.

https://twitter.com/dgurdasani1/status/1474777950272860169?s=20

As I said to my brother the other day. "Post truth politics is taking on a global pandemic. Post truth politics is going to get our arses kicked"

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011
huh they told us back in 2008 that if we got universal healthcare we would all get addicted to medical care. guess they were right

also :yum: Trappist ales

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Gio posted:

thats me

im mildpilled

mild little pill

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

triple sulk posted:

i feel the omi entering my body

thats cum

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

huh they told us back in 2008 that if we got universal healthcare we would all get addicted to medical care. guess they were right

also :yum: Trappist ales

I love me a Rochefort 10

:yum:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/andrewmichaan/status/1474599445991854081?s=21

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

seems right

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fast Luck posted:

You think Trump wouldn’t put the world in danger for profit too? The movie is fine. It shows all the liberals getting angry at Trumpish scandals and ignoring the extinction level event too which is also on point. It can apply to climate change, Covid, etc, it works well regardless. I do kinda wish the doomer crew people were communist instead of secretly Christian but oh well
Trump would also do that but the movie was pretty much explicitly about Trumpism while implying nothing about liberals, who made the movie.

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

you tell trump you have the unique opportunity to blow the absolute gently caress out of something for the good of the world and use a bunch of nukes or whatever he’d be the first one in front of a camera telling the world America is about to blow poo poo up. he’d probably live tweet it too

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

you tell trump you have the unique opportunity to blow the absolute gently caress out of something for the good of the world and use a bunch of nukes or whatever he’d be the first one in front of a camera telling the world America is about to blow poo poo up. he’d probably live tweet it too

folks, these gain of function experiments at Fort Detrick? dangerous. many bad things are happening there, many bad things. and we’re going to use our brave servicemen and women to stop it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
https://discord.gg/89YTjXQc we had some fun with the thread boomers yesterday, we’re gonna be doing more jackbox around 6 PM EST/3 PM PST today. Shabbat shalom

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

yeah that's the other thing, you tell trump he needs to save the world with nukes it's happening yesterday and he's naming the project after himself. tell biden he needs to spend money to save the world you have to consult the republicans for a reasonable approach

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Zeroisanumber posted:

My ex is an ER nurse and she's on FB threatening to stab the next 30-year old patient with a pozz'd rapid test and zero symptoms who walks through the door.

I'd say sever but looks like you did.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

going to the arcade with my respirator since I don’t think there’s gonna be a lot of people there today

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Imagine going to the doctor for something unrelated to COVID and getting COVID from your doctor or nurse

:rubby:

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

My ex is an ER nurse and she's on FB threatening to stab the next 30-year old patient with a pozz'd rapid test and zero symptoms who walks through the door.

“sure hospitalizations are up but it’s just asymptomatic paranoid kids clogging up the ERs!”

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dolphin posted:

Trump would also do that but the movie was pretty much explicitly about Trumpism while implying nothing about liberals, who made the movie.

:lol:. Just because the president was a Trump/Palin homunculus, doesn't mean it was only Trump.

Just how many liberals would on board with the Bezos/Musk/Tim Applebee's homunculus? Or did you miss the feckless Arianna Grande's concert?

I did really enjoy Jonah Hill as Not Eric Trump.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/shims/status/1474132845736206338?s=21

😡

Negative!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Might not have to go to my families x-mas. :)

Have to drive an hour and a half to an emergency vet clinic to see if I have to put one of my dogs down. :(

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Iverron posted:

“sure hospitalizations are up but it’s just asymptomatic paranoid kids clogging up the ERs!”

at least this is a surefire way to know that the person you're talking to doesn't even understand the metric they're trying to debunk

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Picture of toddler nephew holding negative LF test in group chat: "WOW SO CUTE" "so adorable looks like he's very proud" "cutest photo of the year!"

I'm very tired

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Pretty sure it means false +

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
A weird turn in the culture war are people I would consider 'left' telling us it's just the flu. I need to just accept it but it really confuses me

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Turns out that my brother's girlfriend had an exposure, so they didn't visit my parents for Christmas.

Of course my parents are convinced that vax and boost mean Omicron is just like a virus that "comes and goes," so it's only a matter of time until I get bad news, because they're not listening to me.

one-time fee
Sep 29, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Petey posted:

does anyone have any experience with the MSA Advantage 900 with source control + speaking diaphragm? https://us.msasafety.com/Air-Purify...01190?locale=en

Was recommended by Naomi Wu on Twitter. having a little bit of problem with figuring out where to order

I'm in Europe and I just had it shipped over the Atlantic, from safety equipment store dot com.
Where I am at, Omi is due to obertake Delta in the coming days, so far I've just been running ffp2 PPE.

The mask is comfortable and the speech diaphragm was effective on dry run presentations.
Haven't got anybody to brief me on a good way to fit test it, beyond what the manual indicates, so have not mainlined it yet in daily life.

Would also appreciate anyone with experience on this unit to share here.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Greg Legg posted:

A weird turn in the culture war are people I would consider 'left' telling us it's just the flu. I need to just accept it but it really confuses me
Blue MAGA at its finest.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can covid infect only your butthole?

i have a weird thing

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I see no lies

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol:. Just because the president was a Trump/Palin homunculus, doesn't mean it was only Trump.

Just how many liberals would on board with the Bezos/Musk/Tim Applebee's homunculus? Or did you miss the feckless Arianna Grande's concert?

I did really enjoy Jonah Hill as Not Eric Trump.

The liberals were played in part by J-Law's parents.

(blanks) are politics and we don't talk politics in this house

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

no one ever got covid from eating pussy ijs

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Atrocious Joe you've been doing a lot of work documenting how bad the discourse and I want to wish you especially well this holiday that all this doesn't cause too much psychic damage

thanks.

to any one in the future reading this thread and annoyed by all the dead twitter links in my post, I feel you. But I'm not screenshotting and posting image links for everything.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Greg Legg posted:

90% of the US regardless of political leanings are now inches from a public meltdown at any moment because someone told them they couldn’t or shouldn’t do a thing they want to do

doesn’t bode well

Fetlife Kuli
Dec 8, 2021

The world moves on a marten's lips
COVID has been fascinating to watch, the last few weeks especially, because it's basically watching an internet argument play out, but with actual consequences.

You've got the people who cherrypick scientific research to argue that it's not that bad, we should be open Biden. If they read past the abstract at all, it's simply to find phrases or numbers that support their argument, there's no real consideration of any caveats or how it's comparing to other studies that are coming out. There's also no real acknowledgement that these are preprints, with the possibility of a major error or outright fraud that might be caught in peer review. Heck by the standards of this debate tactic you'd have to accept a couple of preprints indicating that the horse paste is an effective means of treating COVID.

You've also people who are rules lawyering, as if COVID were a human construct. poo poo like "I spent less than 15 minutes around this person, I absolutely don't have COVID despite showing symptoms", "my mask is on my head, the virus can't get me", or "I'm vaccinated, it is no longer my responsibility to quarantine myself".

It's a stew of motivated reasoning projecting as rational, fact-based behavior.

At this point I'm inclined to take the milk and bennies cure for COVID, because I probably have a better chance bargaining for my life with the Hatman than I do bargaining for my life with this society.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

A decent percentage of at home tests are going to be done or interpreted wrong.

Which was sort of the point! The emphasis on at home tests was part of the drive to make COVID an issue of individual responsibility. Biden loving up on their availability is pure incompetence. More people are forced to PCRs which means they are showing up in official data.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

No pussy no hug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

look to your left. look to your right. Covid is everywhere

imagine not being around someone with covid on this beautiful Christmas Day