Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Haha there's still new years to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Google Butt posted:

I've been down every shaving route, have 24 grit stubble 6 hours after a safety razor shave and this series 7 is a god send for a serviceable fast as poo poo daily shave for a respirator seal. This is the only one I've owned so I can't compare it to cheaper ones, sorry

Well, I will bitterly complain if it sucks.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
omildcron

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Stereotype posted:

oh woah no way it isn’t mild?? it’s the same virus that has killed a million people???? drat well whoops who could have known though

sorry it's 1% more mild, milds mild get over it pal

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

McNugget Buddy posted:

https://twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/status/1474839477499617285

YOUR COMPANY IS WHY THEY'RE NOT VACCINATED

gently caress

Ghouls are just dabbing on all the bad news

I can’t believe he’s literally on the board of pfizer

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

genericnick posted:

Well, I will bitterly complain if it sucks.

i will accept this. also it's not the closest shave in comparison to a safety razor (but surprisingly close), but you can run it dry and fast without irritation which is important to me

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

every store in the area is completely sold out of rapid tests with signs posted. no one can get a booster except weekdays during working hours

america is a failed state. so yeah, who gives a gently caress

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Beep beep my life is cheap

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Glumwheels posted:

Lmfao, my family is in the restaurant business and each family owns a small breakfast/lunch place. One family had a positive COVID test earlier this week and kept sending people to work who were exposed and now another family with a different restaurant has 5-6 waitresses who tested positive the other day. The waitresses all went out drinking last weekend and then my family threw a Christmas party in the middle of the week. So far my family is still testing negative with rapid tests, however, two took PCR tests and the results aren’t back (it’s been 48+ hours).

Even though almost their entire staff is out with COVID they plan to open anyway (even with potential COVID positive cases) because they don’t want there to be questions about why they’re closed and then business struggles/they lose customers. :stare:

We’re never getting out of this by relying on people to do the right thing and the cdc/who/White House giving horrible guidance and not enforcing n95 masks and quarantines.

We are so ducked, protect your own so you don’t get sick for as long as you can avoid it.

If you’re in the hospitality business, you might as well just go ahead and live Open Biden. You’re getting it. It’s a question of when and how bad. In a sane world, the government wouldn’t allow you to have to make that choice but…

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Korean Boomhauer posted:

its going to be a great loving comfort to my double vaxxed friend whos in a medically induced coma due to omi that some bluechecks and clout chasing martens said its actually mild

Peace be with you, I pray they pull through.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Marzzle posted:

I like that the media happily reported it was mild anyway despite there being no evidence of it and basically just told everyone what they wanted to hear in the most dangerous way possible

I got probated in D&D a few weeks ago for saying that it was dangerous to call it mild haha whoops no harm no foul though. well maybe some harm but who could have known. it was worth it to prevent a panic.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the only positive BS I can come up with is they knew it would be bad so “gave us” Christmas and News years

that’s BS but idk

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Also real sorry for all your families, friends. Seems the Covid thread got hit pretty hard already this go around.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

are stav and nick OPEN BIDEN advocates too?

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

one-time fee
Sep 29, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:golfclap:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Condolences to everyone hit by this so far or dealing with friends/family who caught the mild. :smith:

I just found out that my massively immunodeficient cousin, who drove to FL to visit her son, is planning on flying back out instead of driving. Just after New Year’s.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

WaryWarren posted:

stav is scared of the virus on account of being fat but nick has Felix brain so it rubbed off on him

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

euphronius posted:

the only positive BS I can come up with is they knew it would be bad so “gave us” Christmas and News years

that’s BS but idk

honestly no one was going to listen anyway and there’s no way we would have prevented the majority of the incoming wave of mass death. it’s pretty lovely that the media lied and gaslit the nation though, it would have been nice if people knew the dangerous and were aware that they were walking to their deaths instead of not really having a choice.

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

WaryWarren posted:

does it matter, their actions speak for themselves

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Korean Boomhauer posted:

my double vaxxed friend caught the omi and is now on a vent. mild.
love this mild pandemic

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

CaptainACAB posted:

At one point I rejected even the idea of referring to these creatures as demons. But now, now I fully accept it. These are inhuman monsters who want us to die. They are demons in human skin and should be treated as such.

The hard pill I've had to swallow recently is accepting that these people are not monsters, they're even worse, they're human beings. This knowledge is more scary to me as all of the people I've met in my life are/were human beings and I will never be able to look at another person again without the understanding they'd rather see me dead than miss out on trivia night

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

McNugget Buddy posted:

It's saying the lung tissue isn't affected as much with Omicron, and therefore oxygen levels don't drop like a rock in the infected like they do with other variants:

lmao the uninfected bw

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Google Butt posted:

I've been down every shaving route, have 24 grit stubble 6 hours after a safety razor shave and this series 7 is a god send for a serviceable fast as poo poo daily shave for a respirator seal. This is the only one I've owned so I can't compare it to cheaper ones, sorry
thanks for the info~

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Hit Man posted:

Haha there's still new years to go
not looking forward to the op eds encouraging people to go out and support local restaurants for valentine's day

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I just love that the plastic cup says DELTA

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r9B7BQWnZJs

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Flunky posted:

spotted our favorite demon, staring directly into my soul

im 100% getting covid soon

3 billion people are we all are

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Insanite posted:

my mom just died of a brain hemorrhage out of nowhere. my dad can't walk more than a few steps without an inhaler. both had mercifully mild covid early in the pandemic.

in the former case, idk, maybe it's unrelated, but good lord is all of the "mild" talk pissing me off.

lol... never thought i'd say this: welcome to family member has a stroke for christmas crew

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/SystemsVirology/status/1474759694971727872
:thunk:

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

lol... never thought i'd say this: welcome to family member has a stroke for christmas crew

ty. looking forward to the newsletter.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

triple sulk posted:

every store in the area is completely sold out of rapid tests with signs posted. no one can get a booster except weekdays during working hours

america is a failed state. so yeah, who gives a gently caress

i got a booster two days ago at a community clinic. i had to make an appointment at 9 when the place opened and when i got there 20 minutes early i was like 20th or 25th in line, which i thought was pretty good. then later since i had an appointment and wasnt a walk in i got to skip ahead to 7th in line and i got my shot in my arm at around 10:15

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

FWIW, a company my employer does business with had 11 people out sick with covid two weeks ago, and another company we subcontract work out to was down to under 10 employees by this past Wednesday, everyone else was out sick

both companies employ around 50 people on any given day

I’m off until 1/4 and I genuinely wonder whether any of these businesses will have enough healthy people to even function by then

a poo poo ton of businesses are going to grind to a complete halt by early January and the media and government are gonna pretend it isn’t happening until it’s impossible to ignore

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

lmao the uninfected bw

yeah what's up with the average uninfected person gaining 10% of their body weight in less than a week. is that how fast i'm supposed to be getting fatter?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
lmao Christmas 2021 is so much worse than 2020 lmao

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1474851271739953161

quote:

The UK recorded 122,186 new Covid cases on Friday, the highest yet, while the Office for National Statistics estimated that 1.7 million Britons had the virus in the week ending 19 December, also a record.

However, Tory MPs are hardening their attitudes against further restrictions and now want cabinet ministers to be vocal in their opposition. “If No 10 proposes tighter restrictions straight after Christmas, those cabinet ministers with freedom-loving instincts – who gave us all so much hope last week – must speak out,” said one member of the Covid Recovery Group of Tory MPs. “In any future leadership contest, we will all remember how they acted this week. We need real, gutsy, freedom-loving Conservatives to rescue us from this madness.”

Other Tory MPs also said they would consider a candidate’s position on restrictions in any leadership race. It shows the extent to which speculation over Johnson’s position risks affecting the government’s Covid policies. It also reveals a weakening of the prime minister’s authority after a series of scandals and setbacks that have seen Labour take a poll lead. Liz Truss, the foreign secretary, and Rishi Sunak, the chancellor, are seen as the frontrunners if the Tory leadership becomes available. Both are said to have expressed opposition to the tightening of restrictions recently. Allies of the prime minister have already accused them of jostling for position.

Several MPs said that data suggesting Omicron was less severe than the Delta variant that it has displaced meant that new restrictions should not be needed. “Evidence is showing there is no need for further restrictions,” said Tory MP Richard Drax. “Time to trust people to get on with their own lives and for the state to back right off.” Former minister Desmond Swayne said: “We have earned the right to be treated like adults: to make our own assessment of the risks we are prepared to take and the sensible precautions that we apply. People are fed up with being ordered what not to do.”

Graham Brady, chair of the powerful 1922 Committee of Tory MPs, said: “As we look forward to the new year, it is time to move on from the lazy assumption that government has the right to control our lives; we should take responsibility for our own lives once again.”
:shepface:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Rhesus Pieces posted:

FWIW, a company my employer does business with had 11 people out sick with covid two weeks ago, and another company we subcontract work out to was down to under 10 employees by this past Wednesday, everyone else was out sick

both companies employ around 50 people on any given day

I’m off until 1/4 and I genuinely wonder whether any of these businesses will have enough healthy people to even function by then

a poo poo ton of businesses are going to grind to a complete halt by early January and the media and government are gonna pretend it isn’t happening until it’s impossible to ignore

the media and government's plan is that since covid is now mild, everyone who gets sick will just be able to keep working like everyone normally does when they get a cold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
My very old grand father just told me how hes been trying to be very safe with covid because of his age but that my aunt took him and his wife out to a nice dinner by the water the other night