Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

rofl

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
1989... a good year for nintendo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

thank you mario

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

thank you mario

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

thank you mario

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

thank you mario

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cant stop thinkin bout that sweet n64 & game boy display...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
every day i am filled with regret that i threw all my boxes into the garbage instead of saving them..

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 25, 2021

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

merry, mario christmas to all

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

you’re welcome nintendo

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

thank you mario

Sub-Actuality posted:

merry, mario christmas to all

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

you’re welcome nintendo

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

you’re welcome nintendo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

thank you mario

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

thank you mario

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

My sister gave me the Zelda Game & Watch for Christmas

They left the screen warp glitch in Link’s Awakening

Thank you Nintendo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Kins posted:

pushed it a little further with some animation and removing the speech bubble

edit: timing adjustment

My girlfriend is exploring the SNES catalogue and discovered Jelly Boy and I couldn't explain why it was so funny to me so I'm glad I found this page

Her conclusion is "It's like if Kirby was horrendous"

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

maybe i should update my avatar....

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I did the FunnyPlaying Game Boy Color 2.0 Q5 IPS Laminated Backlight Kit mod that someone here recommended to me a week or two ago. I figured it was going to be waste now that I had an Analogue Pocket but I have to say I like this screen so much that I would say I almost prefer it to the Pocket, which sounds crazy but it's true.

Top is the Analogue Pocket, bottom is the new FunnyPlaying laminated screen.

The pixel-grid mode on the FunnyPlaying screen is the only time other than the Analogue Pocket where I thought the effect actually improved the image quality. Usually it makes the screen way too dark or the pattern just looks like poo poo, but the FunnyPlaying screen gets it perfect somehow.

Here's some pics of the screen in the complete dark:

Here it is compared to a stock GBC screen:

Here is the BennVenn screen I did a few years ago:

A good screen but slightly smaller than the stock GBC one and no pixel grid options.

Honestly if you do a speaker amp mod and this FunnyPlaying screen mod I would say it's every bit as good as the Pocket as long as you weren't going to play GBA games. This thing owns so much, you can even adjust the vertical and horizontal locations of the screen in case a bit is cut off, and you can even change the color of the GameBoy Color logo to like 20 different options. It kicks so much rear end.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That saturation is atrocious. Go to jail you weird freak.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

lmao

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

great job. no you can enjoy all the great gbame boy games

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
My grandpa always told me that whatever I do on New Year's Day is what I'm gonna be doing for the rest of the year.

I'm extremely hungover and playing Mario Golf online. So,

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Lol I played the hell outta that game, I was proud to discover you could defeat rocksteady by mashing attack and not moving.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I’m playing mother 1 right now and it’s great

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I did the FunnyPlaying Game Boy Color 2.0 Q5 IPS Laminated Backlight Kit mod that someone here recommended to me a week or two ago. I figured it was going to be waste now that I had an Analogue Pocket but I have to say I like this screen so much that I would say I almost prefer it to the Pocket, which sounds crazy but it's true.

Top is the Analogue Pocket, bottom is the new FunnyPlaying laminated screen.

The pixel-grid mode on the FunnyPlaying screen is the only time other than the Analogue Pocket where I thought the effect actually improved the image quality. Usually it makes the screen way too dark or the pattern just looks like poo poo, but the FunnyPlaying screen gets it perfect somehow.

Here's some pics of the screen in the complete dark:

Here it is compared to a stock GBC screen:

Here is the BennVenn screen I did a few years ago:

A good screen but slightly smaller than the stock GBC one and no pixel grid options.

Honestly if you do a speaker amp mod and this FunnyPlaying screen mod I would say it's every bit as good as the Pocket as long as you weren't going to play GBA games. This thing owns so much, you can even adjust the vertical and horizontal locations of the screen in case a bit is cut off, and you can even change the color of the GameBoy Color logo to like 20 different options. It kicks so much rear end.

How hard was the install? I tried one of those adhesive backlight kits on my Pocket and killed it and am a little worried about destroying any other relics of my childhood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bouillon Rube posted:

How hard was the install? I tried one of those adhesive backlight kits on my Pocket and killed it and am a little worried about destroying any other relics of my childhood

It was easy I would say. The only thing is you need to buy one of their custom shells because there's no way to get the screen to work in a stock shell. But that also makes it easier to install. Let me know if you need the links. You don't need replacement buttons or pads, your old ones will work fine (and I usually prefer them to aftermarket ones).

The "hardest" part would be soldering the two spots on the cable to the select and start buttons. It's easy as hell but I am just mentioning it in case you were looking for a solder-free option (which it isn't).

I for real can't get over how crazy good the pixel grid mode is. I compared it side-by-side to a DSi XL running a GB game and I could not tell the difference, and the DSi XL is running them at 1:1. It's crazy. You can select this mode by long-holding down on the touch sensor thing four times (it's the one before it reverts back to no screen modes).

Let me know if you have any problems and I can help you out but I would definitely say it's easier than an adhesive backlight kit.