Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

How do you compromise with someone who insists you show no affection for your pet and would prefer if you just kept it locked away while they're around?

You don't. So long, Kyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Yeah that cat is not dirty, dump the boyfriend

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Yes, putting a cat in The Hole like your home is Shawshank will definitely teach it to not rub against a toothbrush.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA FOR BEING MAD AT A AWFUL GIFT HUSBAND GAVE ME?

Jorp for christmas? Thats grounds for divorce.

OP posted:

update: and a bit more info. 1.Yes I’m fact he DID say it was my gift. And yes he said to help me change. 2.when we met he was not like this or at least it was never apparent . It slowly became more of a thing then hit overdrive when he started watching throw guy. 3. I actually have in fact listened to him speak and find him intolerable. For many reasons. All this said , after realizing he somehow hosed up (at least to my POV) he actually went out and got me some movies I wanted to see that we couldn’t because of covid. A couple of Xbox gift cards to buy a game. And a uno type game “cuz I like that kinda stuff” so he made an attempt to make me feel better and happier and not be as much of an rear end even if he still can’t understand why I’m upset. For those who keep saying I should just be happy I got a gift. I’d have been happier without it. Thank you everyone for your judgment .

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cthulu Carl posted:

Yes, putting a cat in The Hole like your home is Shawshank will definitely teach it to not rub against a toothbrush.

Even if it wasn't cruel and pointless, this is how you turn a cat that sleeps peacefully on the nightstand into a cat that screams all night long in a crate.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I can understand people who complain about pet hygiene when there's actually an issue, like someone who lets their dog poo poo all over the apartment or never changes the cat's litter box. But just basic "there is a pet in the home and sometimes people touch it" is the baseline for having a pet.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

If it is wrong to kiss the forehead of a cat, i do not wish to be right

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

That's a cool catte

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I've known a fair amount of chronically late people but holy poo poo poo poo this takes the cake for best excuse :murder:

I will do this to justify being like, 5 minutes late (and then half the group shows up after me anyhow.) lol at rolling in an hour late and dropping that excuse.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Maybe they could compromise and lock Kyle out or put Kyle in a crate.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

the holy poopacy posted:

I will do this to justify being like, 5 minutes late (and then half the group shows up after me anyhow.) lol at rolling in an hour late and dropping that excuse.

Okay yeah I guess I’m guilty of this sometimes too lol but for like parties and poo poo, not an important meeting, and absolutely not an hour

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I'm chronically fifteen minutes early to everything because i have a lot of anxiety about being late.

My ex couldn't be on time for anything. That's not why we broke up, but I sure don't miss "hold on I have to do my eyebrows for a third time before we go."

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
3 kisses is a little much but whatever.
However, OMG I would be terrified of having my face/head mauled for trying to kiss a cat on the stomach. Showing their belly is always a trick a horrible bloody trick that I fall for every time.

Other than that nothing really abnormal. Rinse the brush in some Listerine or change the brush head and keep it in a drawer.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Cats are designed to be kissed on their little heads. That’s why their heads are so little.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The best part is pulling away from the kiss to see their ears ever-so-slightly back, giving you the look that indicates you get one kiss for now. Just the one.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
As a treat

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Mr. Lobe posted:

I do this to my cats all the time and I will never stop

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
My dog gives me hugs and I will never stop
(Her kisses are kinda gross)

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Next year I want Santa to bring some spines.

AITA for not liking what my boyfriend got me for Christmas?

quote:

So, a little backstory, my boyfriend and I have been together for a little over a year. I always pay for our dates, and there hasn’t been a time where he has seriously offered. We live in a pretty small town (less than 2,000 people) and very little restaurants, so I always get him food when I go into the nearby city. He is unemployed even though he is fully capable of getting a job. That’s why I pay for everything.

Yesterday, Christmas Eve, we exchanged presents. Even after spending money on every single date we go on, I still want to get him the best gifts. We never discussed a price limit or anything, so I assumed we were gonna get each other nice things.

I always go all out. For his birthday, for Christmas, Valentine’s day, I even bought him presents on Easter. He didn’t get me anything on my birthday, but I was okay with it. He got me chocolate on Valentine’s day, that was it, so I was a little hurt.

And then came yesterday. I spent upwards of 300 on him. He had 7 presents wrapped nicely. I was SO excited. And then he walked in with three presents, one of them was from his parents.

I opened the first. It was a pair of Rugrats pajama pants. He didn’t take the tag off, and they were on clearance for 3 dollars. Then, I opened the second one. It was a framed picture of us. That was it from him.

I of course was upset, since I spend almost every penny I make on him. I asked him why that’s all he got me, and he said he forgot about presents and felt rushed when he remembered.

I told him I was tired and that he needed to leave. He refused even though I was acting very upset and told him I wanted to be left alone. I went and laid in bed and I cried. He came up and started yelling at me for being upset and tried to pull me out of bed. I told him to leave and he finally did.

AITA for being upset? I know it’s a little materialistic of me, but I just expected more after spending so much on him. I didn’t want a Cartier bracelet or anything super nice, I just wanted more effort.

But this one, nice.

AITA for not going to my uncle's for Christmas?

quote:

Earlier this year, I (21, AFAB) started dating my (19, MtF) gf, who is pre-transition. My family already knew I wasn't straight, and never had any issues. I asked my grandma if she thought any of our family members would have an issue with her.

She told me that my uncle R doesn't want to "have to explain it" and "expose his kids" to my gf.

When I heard that, I didnt go to my family's soup night the night before, or to Thanksgiving.

My grandma texted me telling me I was rude, disrespectful, uncaring and should be ashamed of myself for "abandoning my family." I told her the truth: that I was also trans.

Today:

Uncle X today sent me a text saying Merry Christmas, and asked if I was going to uncle R's house. I told him no I worked until 4:30 and the party ends @ 5. Then he said they'd still be there. I was like yeah no, anywhere my girlfriend isnt welcome, Im not welcome either, because I'm also trans. I also reminded him that my gf is an orphan and just moved to the area, so she has no family. He still tried to insist that "its not about her." He defended uncle R for "not wanting to expose his kids" and claimed that "she should be okay with me seeing my family for a few hours." Then I told him that if uncle R cant explain my gf to his kid, he cant explain me to his kid either. He tells me that my mother and family deserve better and I should be ashamed. I told him im sorry he thinks I should be ashamed for standing up for myself, and I thought I had support. He goes: "Dont be a victim, OP. Dont lie to yourself. It's Christmas and we're your family.. for your 21 years of life." I told him I'd love to see him, but not where I'm unwelcome, and that it's not personal. "You dont care about anyone in the family I guess. Merry Xmas."

This is the argument I put together with the help of my gf to send to him:

"I don't get why none of you understand that excluding my girlfriend for being trans is transphobic. If a white dad didnt let black kids around because "it's to hard to explain" that would totally be racist, right? This has nothing to do with how much or how little I care about the family this is about how much I love my girlfriend. Instead of acting like I'm the bad guy for not going, try to understand that Uncle X is excluding a person because they're different. P.S. it takes one sentence to explain what a trans person is, "someone who is a different gender than what they were assigned at birth." And simplified for a child: "she was born a boy but is a girl now." It's that simple."

His response:

"I'm sorry OP. We are your family, period. This has nothing to do with your girlfriend. It will be too late when you figure this out...and I pray that your girlfriend will be here for you when that happens."

I told him "the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb" said merry xmas and blocked him.

AITA?

AITA for just giving everyone money for Christmas?

quote:

I'm 45F. Story involves me, husband (46M), and our two teens (17F and 15M).

Let's put it simply, I'm a horrible gift-giver. I'm well aware of it, having been told so my entire life. I don't read people well, and I have a hard time remembering what people like and dislike, so I just wish they'd give me a list of specific things instead of vaguely expecting me to figure it out.

Well, because of all this, I decided that instead of gifts this year, I would just give all three of them the money I would've spent on gifts for them, around $300 each. In my mind this was the perfect plan, it took the guesswork out for me and ensured that they could all buy something they actually wanted.

Well, the reality wasn't at all what I expected.

When everyone noticed it's a little bare under the tree, they got confused. I handed everyone their envelopes and told them that it was their gift from me. They opened them and my daughter was the first to speak up, "this is all you did? you could've tried a little harder mom". My son agreed, and my husband asked why I did this. So I told them that year after year they tell me my gifts for them sucked, and usually end up getting sold back to the stores, so I figured that this was the best way for them to each get what they actually wanted. They got mad at me for saying so and accused me of being lazy, not loving them enough to remember what they like, etc.

So I reminded them again. I try my damndest every year and it's never good enough, and I'm not dictating how any of them spend their money. If they wanna blow it all in a day, cool. If they wanna save it up, fine by me. I'm just so tired of being told I'm bad at giving gifts and I thought this was the best way to avoid it.

ETA: Husband and I usually shop separately for the kids, sometimes we buy something from both of us but usually he picks it out. Just to clarify.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mr. Lobe posted:

Hell, when I lived with a girlfriend who had a cat, I'd play a dumb game with the cat I called "Kitty Phone" where I'd pick him up, poke his belly gently and make touchtone sounds, then hold him up to my head and have a made up phone conversation.

He the gently caress I survived not getting my face clawed off I'll never know but I guess the cat enjoyed it too?

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Ime when cats show tou their belly they're trusting you. It's a form of affection. Do not abuse that trust.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Cthulu Carl posted:

Surely Pawshank. Or Meowcatraz. Or Cattica.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Armitag3 posted:

Ime when cats show tou their belly they're trusting you. It's a form of affection. Do not abuse that trust.
This is true but my cat also enjoys bellyrubs. As in he goes blissful and limp when he gets them after exposing his belly, and if he doesn't want one, he'll let me know by play-biting my wrist.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

A Jordan Peterson book is the only gift that’s more insulting and self-serving than homer’s bowling ball

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Armitag3 posted:

It’s either a sign of trust or a trap. Sometimes both.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
If you're in a new relationship and your new partner has a cat and you don't befriend that cat, you are a stone cold idiot. Firstly because every cat owner I ever met thinks their cat is a great judge of character, so that cat can be your man on the inside, but also who doesn't want kitty friends?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Batterypowered7 posted:

The Weasel is NOT dead. You take that back right this instant!

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for just giving everyone money for Christmas?
As a teenager, I would have been disappointed not to get gifts for Christmas but holy poo poo, three hundred bucks would have made up for it

Also 420 kiss cats every day

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Armitag3 posted:

Eh, one of my cats likes having her belly rubbed and doesn't even care if you do it with your feet. You can also wear her around the house like a scarf. She's just happy to be a part of whatever's going on, unlike the other cat who bolts if you stand up too quickly. In conclusion cats are a land of contrast.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

EvilJoven posted:

If either my wife or I declared that we were going to stay at home in our little house with no kids you better loving believe the one left earning a wage for 2 is gonna expect to come home and just put their feet up and not do anything back to scratch their rear end and watch TV.

Unless you're living in a giant McMansion in the dust belt, two people with no kids aren't making that much of a mess that one person isn't doing all their daily chores in under a couple hours.

OTOH, taking out the rubbish is once a week and laundry is 99% dumping it in the machine and leaving it. Unless she wants him to iron everything as well, those two jobs are easy as hell and probably just a sop so she doesn't feel alone in maintaining the home.

OTOHOH she's the one who decided to give up working to stay at home.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

trickybiscuits posted:

As a teenager, I would have been disappointed not to get gifts for Christmas but holy poo poo, three hundred bucks would have made up for it

Also 420 kiss cats every day

This year I called up my nephews and was like. "If there's something you want I will try to get it, but I need you to tell me now so it can be shipped. Otherwise I will get you gift cards."
And both of them were like "gently caress yeah Amazon gift cards."

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Anticheese posted:

Surely Pawshank. Or Meowcatraz. Or Cattica.

Fursom

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

If you're in a new relationship and your new partner has a cat and you don't befriend that cat, you are a stone cold idiot. Firstly because every cat owner I ever met thinks their cat is a great judge of character, so that cat can be your man on the inside, but also who doesn't want kitty friends?

I dated someone once who had just the nastiest little yappy dog. Hated everyone.

So I bought some sausages and lightly rubbed one on my shoes and the legs of my jeans. The dog sniffed and licked me and, to the untrained eye, looked like he really liked me.

Got me laid. Can recommend.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I mean what if the person was just aroused by sausages and didn't care about the dog? Too many confounding variables to tell here.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

El Spamo posted:

My dog gives me hugs and I will never stop
(Her kisses are kinda gross)

Teach your dog to ride on your back while hugging you, like a cloak

LookListen
Jul 6, 2011

Armitag3 posted:

This why you start by scritching their chest, because they have bones there so it's not as squishy and vulnerable and it's an easy switch from under the chin, and then you move down towards the belly until they roll over or give you a warning shot. Do that every time and eventually you earn the free pass to skip that and go directly in for it every time!

theshitpostdiaries
Sep 14, 2021
Merry Christmas everybody! Here's a /r/relationships post I did about wanting to get railed by the Grinch if anybody is looking for some light reading.

https://www.faulkneresque.com/post/part-x-grinch-kinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

theshitpostdiaries posted:

Merry Christmas everybody! Here's a /r/relationships post I did about wanting to get railed by the Grinch if anybody is looking for some light reading.

https://www.faulkneresque.com/post/part-x-grinch-kinks

Some very unusual replies