Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

My only regret is I have only one ball sack to give to the 1000 page thread, the hardest working, most educational, and least pretentious thread on the forums

:patriot:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Meat Loaf as a person is an absolute moron

Yeah I definitely took him off my jukebox list as he got louder and louder with the dumbass poo poo

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

wish she'd blow my brains out so these stupid rear end christmas songs would be on the wall instead of in my head

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

wish she'd blow my brains out so these stupid rear end christmas songs would be on the wall instead of in my head

Holey moley! :eyepop:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
My brain is physically incapable of tuning music out, so the christmas music that plays at work sticks in my head all the time, like I wake up with christmas songs playing in my brain first thing in the morning and stuff. It's loving awful and puts me in a bad mood. My spouse gave me some noise-cancelling earbuds as an early christmas present, and they've been really helpful. I'm really sensitive to sounds and I can kind of still hear everything even when wearing headphones and it drives me crazy, but the noise-cancelling ones are magical and actually do drown out all other sounds. If I have music playing I can't even hear him if he's yelling. It made this christmas season of retail work just a little more bearable, being able to come home and filter out all sounds except music I like.

gently caress christmas music.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Feels good to be home again. Xmas is doen with. Time to get hosed up and play video gaymes

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Feels good to be home again. Xmas is doen with. Time to get hosed up and play video gaymes

I'm with you my goon, in laws leaving tomorrow, it's been awesome to see them but I'm ready to get some serious slacking done

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

It’s no longer Christmas. So I don’t have to give a drat about good cheer or togetherness for another 364.9 days.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

So you live somewhere west of the international date line but east of the central time zone. Helps narrow down my hunt. Means I only need to search a little more than 2/3rds of the entire planet.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

It's all coming together.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Still Christmas here last I checked so food has no calories. drat I should eat something only 1.5 hr left

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Oh yeah, it's almost over. Well I'm not gonna archive the Christmas images so I'm just gonna dump the unused ones here before I delete them. Hope you like them!

Hope you had great Christmases, everyone!

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

DorkusMalorkus posted:

gently caress christmas music.

The only good Christmas music is the cynical ironic stuff like Stop The Cavalry or I Believe In Father Christmas, but they only work in the context of there being other Christmas music that isn't like that.

Oh, and overly dramatic carols that talk about the devil or some poo poo. Those own.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Meme Poker Party posted:

Oh yeah, it's almost over. Well I'm not gonna archive the Christmas images so I'm just gonna dump the unused ones here before I delete them. Hope you like them!

I think people can reasonably keep doing Christmas themed stuff until at least New Year's, or whenever the spanish thing with the wise men is.

On that note:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Brutal Garcon posted:

On that note:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
You can't talk about Meatloaf without mentioning his only legitimately good song

2 out of 3 Ain't Bad

:swoon:
https://youtu.be/HVvXWUAKtus

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
can spinach artichoke dip be used as a pasta sauce? Is it allowed ?? I need a ruling here

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Aardvark! posted:

can spinach artichoke dip be used as a pasta sauce? Is it allowed ?? I need a ruling here

Talk about rich yikes

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Aardvark! posted:

Yes but go easy. That stuff is rich and will overpower any other flavors you may be looking for.

Also don't put it on ramen you weeb.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
ramen is'n't pasta

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

well we did it, we completed christmas

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

if you know any canadians make sure to box their ears a bit to help them celebrate "boxing day"

they'll love it and probably say something like "now this takes me back to the old country" or "I came here to escape this but I now find myself nostalgic for it"

the next step is the hardest part, you need to draw a circle around them before they can escape

if you can get them inside a circle they'll be trapped and you can demand the location of their pot of gold

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

New zeala ders too

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Hello thread. Derpies wanted me to tell you all that he too, is about done with Christmas, but was unable to tell us himself because he was trapped singing karaoke Christmas songs.

This is the last known communication from Derpies, who has been declared lost, suspected tuggin.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I'm just happy I had 10 vacation days laying around - I'm not going back to work until January.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I even have 4 remaining days - I have to remember to fill out the form to forward those to next year. (Why this is not automatic I have no idea).

And, yes, Norway has laws requiring you to take at least two (three?) weeks of continuous time off if you're a full time employee, and I get five weeks worth per year, plus the public holidays. Apparently working from home plus being unable to travel means I've only used the bare minimum the last couple of years?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Computer viking posted:

Norway has laws requiring you to take at least two (three?) weeks of continuous time off

Welp, looks like I'm learning Norwegian

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
its after Chris tmas and work is still playing Christmas songs and ime tired of hearing these motherfuckers to let it snow

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I swear if I walk into somewhere today and Christmas songs are playing, I'm going to quietly utter something under my breath that the workers can't hear and storm out politely

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I'm ok with it, we celebrate christmas through Jan 6

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Tip posted:

if you know any canadians make sure to box their ears a bit to help them celebrate "boxing day"

they'll love it and probably say something like "now this takes me back to the old country" or "I came here to escape this but I now find myself nostalgic for it"

the next step is the hardest part, you need to draw a circle around them before they can escape

if you can get them inside a circle they'll be trapped and you can demand the location of their pot of gold

Thanks a lot Tip. I just did this to Mrs Bags who is a verified CanadianTM and let me tell you she DID not like and she’s retaliating by buying more houseplants!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
What games should I buy from THE STEAM SALE? I think I'm gonna pick up a Final Fantasy game to replay, maybe 10. What else should I get goons

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Any good recs on a recent-ish JRPG? I tried Persona 5 but it’s too much interactive movie and not enough game for my taste, even though it’s stylish as hell.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Any good recs on a recent-ish JRPG? I tried Persona 5 but it’s too much interactive movie and not enough game for my taste, even though it’s stylish as hell.

When I want video game refs I normally go to the byob video games thread. It doesn’t have the volume of other game threads, but you are much less likely to have someone tell you to die in a fire because of your opinion on waluigi.

Prof. Crocodile fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 26, 2021

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

happy boxing day to all the denizens of the 1000 page thread, even (especially) the haters and the losers

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i miss being on vacation :manning:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Tip posted:

HOW DO YOU KNOW OUR SECRET!?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cold enough for ya eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Thanks a lot Tip. I just did this to Mrs Bags who is a verified CanadianTM and let me tell you she DID not like and she’s retaliating by buying more houseplants!

sounds like you failed to complete the circle, that's 11 years bad luck :(