Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
So disrespectful to the ingredients.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The schlop sound of the eggs really sells it.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Pfff single barrel lol

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
For the wieners encased with goop encased with breading, are they moored to anything or do they just kind of... float around inside the pocket of dough?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They are certainly more safely anchored than American hot dogs, on account of being more fully encased on all sides, as well as the bread barrier being more structurally rigid thanks to the lack of length-wise slits or other openings. However, they aren't actively secured against motion along the major axis of the hot dog, but then again, neither are American dogs (which also don't get the benefit of the inherent additional friction provided by the more developed breadroll housing)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm gonna shove that bastard sideways up your corn pipe

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Don't threaten me with a good time

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

von Braun posted:

Pfff single barrel lol

Lol what would ol’ Doobie think of this advancement in hot dog technology?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I don’t know what kind of vent hood is needed for those but it’s surely out of reach for the simple Dogsman

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it's time for more Brazil

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The famous Brazilian delicacy, two crab cakes on a moldy English muffin I found under the fridge

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Lol what would ol’ Doobie think of this advancement in hot dog technology?

It's illegal for two hotdogs to touch each other in Alabama.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

BigBadSteve posted:

It's illegal for two hotdogs to touch each other in Alabama.

Well you're in luck, these dogs are guaranteed by EU regulations to be at least, and at most, 3 German millimeters apart from one another at all times

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Aardvark! posted:

it's time for more Brazil

Poutine burger? Popcorn burger?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
The Brazil ones are just making me sad now.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Futanari Damacy posted:

The Brazil ones are just making me sad now.

For how much rainforest they are burning down to raise beef, they sure do gently caress up their burgers pretty consistently.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I am going through the Star Gate. One "astral" please

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I have cheated and used Lipton onion soup mix (the dry stuff in the pouch) to flavor patties but I can't imagine using the liquid stuff from a can. The dry mix helps bind it together and you can get a decently thin smashed patty.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Sloppy Onion Joe doesn't seem too terrible.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Context: They're all car names.

Idk what "race" was before the translation software mangled it
Wolkswagen Gol
Ford Fiesta
Chevrolet Celta
Fiat Palio
Chevrolet Astra
Chevrolet Vectra

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Stink Terios posted:

Opel Astra
Opel Vectra

ftfy

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Still sold under the Chevrolet brand in Brazil, checkmate

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Beef and onion? Well I never!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

seriously though guys what is this

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Dried vomit with gravel burger.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

tonsil stone burger

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Separate meat particles

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Teeth

But actually, ok, the way that stuff sticks out the sides I think it's candied bacon with popcorn

I refuse to even speculate as to why though

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Some interesting developments in international burg technique

Brazil

Chile

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Aardvark! posted:

Some interesting developments in international burg technique

Brazil

Looks hard to eat due to the strange and unnecessary double-wide structure, but otherwise there are no objectionable ingredients and everything looks properly cooked. 6/10

The weird little goblin peppers are disconcerting and unwelcome, but the rest of it seems fine. Maybe too much melty white cheese but some people are into that. The greens at the bottom look like a sad afterthought. Did someone nibble on the patty before taking this photo? If so, not the restaurant's fault. If not, what's going on here? 0.5 points removed for serving it on an insultingly small paper plate. 6.5/10

A pile of mush. There might be a hamburger patty hidden within, but I'd prefer not to make assumptions. None of the ingredients seems to be outright heinous, but I feel like I'd need a wide straw to consume this thing. 3/10

Way too much melted cheese, and way too tall/sloppy to eat like a proper burg, but I'm sure this one tastes pretty good. 7/10

I don't want the chef to lose his job over this, but he definitely needs a stern reprimand. 2/10

Not sure what I'm looking at here. ???/10

"BLEHH??" "BLEEEHHH!!!" ???/10

Did they... cut the burger in half and then grill the exposed wound? I guess in theory it could work if you were dealing with a thick, rare-cooked patty, but in doing so they completely incinerated the cheese. Extra point awarded for bold innovation, but the end product looks like guaranteed cancer. 3/10

The food in this photograph honestly doesn't look bad, but I don't see a hamburger present. No score.

Ah, I'm starting to understand. Much like how everything is upside down in Australia, everything is sideways in Chile. Must have something to do with the extreme length to width ratio of the country. I don't hold it against them, but I cannot score this.

This one actually could be a real hamburger if you propped it up 90 degrees, but the Chileans were apparently wary of this and preemptively attacked with velveeta and bacon bits on its exposed side, sending a clear message that no such maneuver will take place. It probably tastes alright, but the bellicose nature of it makes me uncomfortable. 4/10

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Dec 26, 2021

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

From the Americana thread: donut burgers.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

It's called a Luther

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Ngl, loving would so hard. gently caress it, batter that bad boy whole too.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

And you bring this here? Please explain your thinking.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Futanari Damacy posted:

And you bring this here? Please explain your thinking.

Maybe I shouldn't knock it without trying it, but the idea doesn't appeal to me.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I had a donut burger at a ball park a few years ago. It wasn’t bad but definitely a gimmick thing you try once and never again.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Maybe I shouldn't knock it without trying it, but the idea doesn't appeal to me.

Fair enough. The sweetness of a fresh Krispy Kreme (emphasis on fresh, I'm sure it could be any similar doughnut) is a beautiful counterplay to the salt and umami of the melted cheddar and a slightly crisped, smashed patty- just divine, from a textural and flavonoid perspective. A little crispy bacon on there? Ohhhh mon ami!
:discourse:

Jose Oquendo posted:

I had a donut burger at a ball park a few years ago. It wasn’t bad but definitely a gimmick thing you try once and never again.

You're BULLSHIT!!! :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I had lobster thermidor at the crap store and I tell you one thing. Never again!!!!