Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cross postin'

Dango Bango posted:

Even better than last year's!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GD_American posted:

Agreed. Bag up the thickest ribeyes imaginable. 132 degrees, 2 hours, get that cast iron skillet red hot, dredge the steaks in some melted butter and Montreal seasoning, then throw them in pan for a minute a side.

Also, if you have not read the story of John Menard, one of the most cartoonishly evil billionaires you've barely heard of, give it a read:

(A taste and summary): https://www.milwaukeemag.com/johnmenard_retailbizarro/

(The whole meal): https://www.milwaukeemag.com/bigmoney-john-menard/

I'm planning to get some good ribeyes tomorrow, and pork chops. I was going to break it in tonight with some chicken but I've eaten so much in the last 48 hours I think I might just fast through to dinner tomorrow instead.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

harperdc posted:

Why old school, the Pinkertons still exist.

One shot a proudboy last year in the first example ever of a Pinkerton being the lesser piece of poo poo in a confrontation.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Braksgirl posted:

SB got me the Ooni Koda 16 pizza oven so I'm pretty stoked for pizza night.

Got this from my parents, will be putting into operation on NYE :hfive:

My in-laws got me a chainsaw, which, okay

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Braksgirl posted:

That seems like a gift that benefits him a lot

Braksgirl posted:

Also, I think Law Tigers law firm is low key one of the funniest things (because all I can picture is tigers that look like lawyers) so our oldest daughter drew me this for Christmas and I love it.

That is exactly what I pictured when you mentioned Law Tigers

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
We had a small gathering tonight for Jewish Christmas in which we ordered Chinese food and drank wine and played board games.

After our takeout dinner we all cracked into the fortune cookies. The cookies themselves were the expected bullshit flour, sugar, and vanilla nonsense but the actual fortunes were unexpectedly weird.

What the gently caress does that mean? What kind of fortune is this?

Ohhh gently caress you fortune. gently caress you. Crypto will invade literally anything and everything you care about even a little bit.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Salvor_Hardin posted:

We had a small gathering tonight for Jewish Christmas in which we ordered Chinese food and drank wine and played board games.

After our takeout dinner we all cracked into the fortune cookies. The cookies themselves were the expected bullshit flour, sugar, and vanilla nonsense but the actual fortunes were unexpectedly weird.

What the gently caress does that mean? What kind of fortune is this?

Ohhh gently caress you fortune. gently caress you. Crypto will invade literally anything and everything you care about even a little bit.

Hmm

Yeah gently caress these people

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I am not shocked that ads inside fortune cookies are now a thing, but it still makes me incredibly sad.

Also, while that fortune is supposed to be about crypto, I can't help but read it as because "you'll be dead one day," or "the apocalypse happens and paper currency will be worthless."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

These people don't live in China or some other modern country cause Paper Money is dead, friends. The only time I touch paper money in Japan at this point is because I can't pay my water bill at the convenience store any other way.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
at this point not handling paper money is—on top of just being The Way Things Are Going—a net good for public health

unfortunately there are a shitload of people, from retail workers to those in disadvantaged communities, for whom handling paper money is not a choice and won't be for quite some time

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Its Rinaldo posted:

That seems like a gift that benefits him a lot

Obviously I’m not turning down a freshly baked pizza, but she has really been wanting one for a long time now. I’m curious as to how well they work but almost everything I’ve seen on them online is positive.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

harperdc posted:

Why old school, the Pinkertons still exist.

Not sure if modern day Pinkertons would openly shoot strikers, but I guess for the right amount of money anything is possible

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A hero

https://twitter.com/88mugsy88/status/1474859759471939592?s=21

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I don't get deviled eggs. Basically just a gussied up version of the "mayon-egg" bit in Arrested Development.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

fsif posted:

I don't get deviled eggs. Basically just a gussied up version of the "mayon-egg" bit in Arrested Development.

I love them, of course I love eggs as well and it just adds extra flavor to them. They are a quick way to just eat a bunch of them that is delicious. Mom will usually make me some for Thanksgiving or Christmas but since I'm the only one who eats them it's more of a special treat.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Freaquency posted:

Hmm

Yeah gently caress these people

I’m kind of laughing my rear end off at the thought of pulling a laminated ad for Home Depot out of my crime brûlée at a fine dining place one evening, the idea of inserting marketing materials into the dessert at a restaurant is equally funny and psychotic behavior

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Braksgirl posted:

Also, I think Law Tigers law firm is low key one of the funniest things (because all I can picture is tigers that look like lawyers) so our oldest daughter drew me this for Christmas and I love it.

Holy poo poo that is great! I want to see more of her art.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I'm also gonna try my hand at some Gunpla today too. I've got a basic kit for the Exia from Gundam 00 so we'll see how this goes.

Post pics when you do! I’ve always wanted to tinker with that but was never sure where to start

Braksgirl posted:

Also post pics of the artisanal Ooni pizza, I’m jealous!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Holy poo poo that is great! I want to see more of her art.

She draws a lot of things but these are the ones I have easy access to at the moment.

She drew this for SB for Christmas per his request.

This was her gift to me last Christmas.

She drew this for my birthday last year. Maleficent is my favorite Disney villain.

T-Square posted:

Also post pics of the artisanal Ooni pizza, I’m jealous!

Definitely will. We need to go get a rolling cart for me to set the oven on so I don't have to pick it up and move it around every time I want to use it. I don't want to leave it just sitting on the carport because I fear thievery.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I recently had fortune cookies sponsored by ZipRecruiter and they had job tips on the back of the fortune.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

That’s some good stuff. I’m a dumb dumb, that’s done on the computer or a tablet right?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Bird in a Blender posted:

That’s some good stuff. I’m a dumb dumb, that’s done on the computer or a tablet right?

Yes in Procreate with an Apple Pencil on an iPad.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Braksgirl posted:

She draws a lot of things but these are the ones I have easy access to at the moment.

She drew this for my birthday last year. Maleficent is my favorite Disney villain.

Definitely will. We need to go get a rolling cart for me to set the oven on so I don't have to pick it up and move it around every time I want to use it. I don't want to leave it just sitting on the carport because I fear thievery.

That kids got talent.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Play audio

https://i.imgur.com/56QCE3c.mp4

Braksgirl posted:

:yeah:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Samadhi posted:

Not sure if modern day Pinkertons would openly shoot strikers, but I guess for the right amount of money anything is possible

I have my suspicions about all those protest organizers in Ferguson that keep turning up dead. I figure if it's the Ferguson uniformed cops they'd just be a lot more brazen about it.

Edit: Dashiell Hammett (Author of Maltese Falcon, Thin man, Some others) was a Pinkerton, quit when he was asked to murder the head of a miner's union in his bed. About a week later "mysterious masked men" burst into the miner's bedroom in the middle of the night and unloaded their shot guns into his sleeping body and that of his wife.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 26, 2021

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Braksgirl posted:

Yes in Procreate with an Apple Pencil on an iPad.

SB has been rendered obsolete

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Samadhi posted:

SB has been rendered obsolete

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Control is the free game on Epic today. Another banger.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Word? I'm gonna go pick that up thanks for the notice

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

That's one way to avoid getting drunk and ranting about Trump and liberals :v:

fsif posted:

They're delicious. They'r elike crack, you have to be careful not to gorge on them too much

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Definitely get this, it's so good even though some of the enemies are infuriating :argh:

I hate that invisible thing that vomits you down to like 1 health so much even more than the flying guys who teleport any time you target them and then fling debris at you for massive damage

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Desmond Tutu died.

https://twitter.com/BDSmovement/status/1475059515380977668?s=20

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Barudak posted:

These people don't live in China or some other modern country cause Paper Money is dead, friends. The only time I touch paper money in Japan at this point is because I can't pay my water bill at the convenience store any other way.
I only use cash for buying lottery tickets.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Barudak posted:

It's not as romantic to venmoe from the qrc code on a strippers g string though

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Barudak posted:

It always amazes me how interconnected everything in Japan is. I assume everything is just the same as it is in Yakuza

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s been years but going between Tokyo and Toronto for work when I did the aviation thing was such a stark difference it was constantly grating/difficult for 3-4 day turnarounds. They were bringing card traders to the table, which had never happened before. That was wild to me lol

I can’t imagine how much different a basic evening is in Tokyo is NOW

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 26, 2021

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hell 5 years ago it was trivial to do anything in Hong Kong just by waving your octopus card at it. All public transport and most businesses used it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
California and China both decided to drastically modernize public transit 20 years. One has been more successful than the other.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

China is always going to have an easier time improving public transit because they can just unilaterally decide to take land, bulldoze buildings, and build whatever they want. The US doesn’t have that luxury.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Bird in a Blender posted:

China is always going to have an easier time improving public transit because they can just unilaterally decide to take land, bulldoze buildings, and build whatever they want. The US doesn’t have that luxury.

Your forgetting you also have to bribe all of the local politicians too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Or sometimes you run into a Scott Walker who just says no because the money came from a Democrat.