Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
More Fauci hate making a strong comeback at FOX

Fox News’ Jesse Watters Wants Someone to ‘Ambush’ Fauci With Conspiracies

https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7dbqj/jesse-watters-wants-fauci-ambushed-with-conspiracies

quote:

On Monday, Fox News host Jesse Watters told a crowd at the AmericaFest—a conference run by the conservative organization Turning Point USA, which also featured acquitted Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse—they should “ambush” Fauci with the “deadly” argument of Fauci funding research at the Wuhan, China, lab targeted with unproven allegations that it created COVID-19.

“The kill shot, with an ambush—deadly, because he doesn’t see it coming,” Watters said. “This is when you say, ‘Dr. Fauci, you funded risky research at a sloppy Chinese lab, the same lab that sprung this pandemic on the world. You know why people don’t trust you, don’t you?’”

“Boom, he is dead! He is dead! He’s done!” Watters said. “You do that, 30 seconds is all you need. You get that footage to us, to Fox… Imagine Tucker Carlson teases out of the A-block, ‘Brave college student confronts Lord Fauci at dinner!’”

“The guy should be fired on the spot,” Dr. Anthony Fauci said Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/JohnBerman/status/1473278294611087365

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

What really annoys me is the weaselly way he does it.

A KILL SHOT BECAUSE IT'S AN AMBUSH as you question him

HIT HIM IN THE FACE with the facts

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

O’reily did this and got someone killed. He knows what he’s doing.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Jesse Watters, entertainer.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Murgos posted:

Yeah it’s a code for the people who are paying attention

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah it’s a code for the people who are paying attention

A dog megaphone, if you will.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Murgos posted:

Professor Beetus posted:

A dog megaphone, if you will.

Absolutely, that's why it's so weaselly. He knows what he's doing and he knows he's untouchable on a first amendment basis.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

I’m reminded of that time when two reporters from Gawker staked out his house to try and ambush interview him like he did to other people at O’Reilly’s behest. He was such a panicky coward that he immediately ran to his car and tried to run them over as he tore out of his driveway at like 60mph and down the street (in a residential neighborhood) in order to avoid being followed by them.

He’s such a little worm and he wants a body count just like big daddy Billo has.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Love how you can frame non-conservatives saying anything at all as violent rhetoric, but actual violent rhetoric is sweet, abstracted poetry.

"We need to apply pressure to conservatives..."
"SO YOU WANT TO CRUSH ALL CONSERVATIVES SLOWLY TO DEATH?"

"We need to shoot and kill leftists with literal bullets and sodomize their corpses with our literal cocks... with the TRUTH!"
"They're just saying the truth will win :downs:"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

I’m reminded of that time when two reporters from Gawker staked out his house to try and ambush interview him like he did to other people at O’Reilly’s behest. He was such a panicky coward that he immediately ran to his car and tried to run them over as he tore out of his driveway at like 60mph and down the street (in a residential neighborhood) in order to avoid being followed by them.

He’s such a little worm and he wants a body count just like big daddy Billo has.
Oh you mean like when Tucker Carlson got protested and made up some story about people trying to break his door down, which some liberal media people took at face value despite it being a blatant lie?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Brawnfire posted:

Love how you can frame non-conservatives saying anything at all as violent rhetoric, but actual violent rhetoric is sweet, abstracted poetry.

"We need to shoot and kill leftists with literal bullets and sodomize their corpses with our literal cocks... with the TRUTH!"

Who’s the one who talked about fisting for truth? Wasn’t that Dana Losche or whoever the latest NRA Barbie is/was? Because that one kinda funny…

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1473384037242785804

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/stop-now-biden-rebukes-cable-222438208.html

quote:

In a rare moment of anger, President Joe Biden castigated social media users and cable news outlets that spread false and misleading information about coronavirus vaccinations, saying at a press conference Tuesday that the behavior is not only “immoral” but deadly.

“The unvaccinated are responsible for their own choices, but those choices have been fueled by dangerous misinformation on cable TV and social media,” he said while addressing the need for unvaccinated Americans to protect themselves against the fast-spreading new omicron variant.

“You know, these companies and personalities are making money by peddling lies and allowing misinformation that can kill their own customers and their own supporters. It’s wrong, it’s immoral,” he said, his voice rising. “I call on the purveyors of these lies and misinformation to stop it. Stop it now.”

Great, now lets actually do something about it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Hottest new conspiracy theory from the right, courtesy of Jack Posobiec who was on Glenn Beck's show this morning (and was called "the smartest man on Twitter" by the host, Jason something who was filling in for Beck).

The reason Biden said that we had to thank Trump for the vaccines is because the left is about to do a complete 180 on vaccines. See, every other time Biden has mentioned Trump, it's to blame Trump for things like inflation, or leaving Afghanistan. So in the near future Biden will admit that the vaccines are dangerous because they were rushed out too quickly, and of course it will be Trump's fault for rushing them.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That's... creative...

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

Hottest new conspiracy theory from the right, courtesy of Jack Posobiec who was on Glenn Beck's show this morning (and was called "the smartest man on Twitter" by the host, Jason something who was filling in for Beck).

The reason Biden said that we had to thank Trump for the vaccines is because the left is about to do a complete 180 on vaccines. See, every other time Biden has mentioned Trump, it's to blame Trump for things like inflation, or leaving Afghanistan. So in the near future Biden will admit that the vaccines are dangerous because they were rushed out too quickly, and of course it will be Trump's fault for rushing them.
Oh ok, that makes perfect sense

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

O'Reilly was so indignant anyone would put any of the blame on him after Tiller was assassinated too.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It also reminds me of the Sarah Palin thing where she put out that image of various Democratic Senators in literal crosshairs. I can't remember if that was pre or post-Gabby Giffords, but it was uncomfortably close either way.

e: this one

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 22, 2021

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Professor Beetus posted:

It also reminds me of the Sarah Palin thing where she put out that image of various Democratic Senators in literal crosshairs. I can't remember if that was pre or post-Gabby Giffords, but it was uncomfortably close either way.

I think it was before because people kept calling it out in the aftermath.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Angry_Ed posted:

I think it was before because people kept calling it out in the aftermath

Yeah, you're absolutely correct because Gabby Giffords is one of the people specifically called out in the image.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah I didn't really follow US politics but I specifically remember her shooting and the right desperately trying to deflect criticism by saying a loving crosshair didn't imply violence.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah I didn't really follow US politics but I specifically remember her shooting and the right desperately trying to deflect criticism by saying a loving crosshair didn't imply violence.
Yes i remember that too

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

All I can think of is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9t-slLl30E

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

On the other hand, I believe I heard something about a certain laptop containing images of Hillary eating babies, Dr. Fauci dissecting bats in China and Obama bowing towards Mecca so who's to say where the truth lies?

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
There are private FB groups that pimp bleach enemas to cure autism and sickness in children and others that prescribe powerful acid (possibly sulfuric under a pseudonym) to cure skin problems including cancer, that actually just burn off the flesh (and can actually make cancers worse).

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah but Grandpa Joe said they should stop and it's bad, so I'm sure we'll see some voluntary reformation from all the hardened scammers/RWM outlets now. :kiddo:

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Mercury_Storm posted:

Yeah but Grandpa Joe said they should stop and it's bad, so I'm sure we'll see some voluntary reformation from all the hardened scammers/RWM outlets now. :kiddo:

There is probably a reasonable middle ground for regulating obviously harmful speech. At the moment it’s very permissive such that your speech needs to lead to direct harmful actions.

However, civil monetary action may be more appropriate. The families of people who were harmed by these statements should be able to be compensated for the knowing harm spread by RWM.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Unlikely. And if there was it would be (and is) used to shut down leftist and marginalized group speech first and foremost.

For specific and explicit cases, like Alex Jones with Sandy Hook, then yes. Libel and slander is often hard to prove. Incitement seems to be near-impossible even when someone is naming names, saying specific people are outright child abusers that should be attacked or false-reported to government agencies.

For those giving medical advice without a license or are selling products and lying about their purported health benefits, possibly. It's criminal but the government does not often go after those doing it. If they do what Alex Jones does and sell a tiny amount of a purportedly helpful supplement in a pill that also contains dangerous amounts of heavy metals and satan-knows-what-else, then that is legal as long as there isn't a specific claim made. The labeling of something as a supplement offers huge protection as long as it's not a drug that's already scheduled or banned under the analogue act.

As far as prescriptions/drugs go, if they are based in and selling a product stored in and imported from another country and using a pseudonym, then good luck. It might violate the law in the US or your home country but that potentially puts you on the chopping block, not them unless they are large enough importers to be on a government agency's radar (and this is possible to avoid for both parties involved in the transaction).

Going after them is up authorities there and you would have to navigate an entirely different legal system to get an recompense, which is extremely unlikely you would qualify for if you were violating any laws.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So speaking of the Fascist Cinematic Universe, I see we now have an advertisement running for Agora Road, which seems to be a 4chan spinoff forum. It has casual use of the word 'fag', COVID denialism, a Lolcow thread (you know, Kiwifarms) and more. And, frankly, I think just being associated proudly and openly with 4chan is, you know, pretty loving gross and damning.

So that's nice.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Brawnfire posted:

It's interesting also how many evangelical conservatives could not accept the text of the bible as anything other than the literal truth yet go to bat for the figurative language defense when it comes to the utterings of their choice pundits.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Rip Testes posted:

It's interesting also how many evangelical conservatives could not accept the text of the bible as anything other than the literal truth yet go to bat for the figurative language defense when it comes to the utterings of their choice pundits.

The secret is that they don't actually believe the Bible is literal truth, either. They just cherry-pick what they like from it the same as anything else.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Roadie posted:

The secret is that they don't actually believe the Bible is literal truth, either. They just cherry-pick what they like from it the same as anything else.

The ones who want to start WWIII as a short cut to bringing on the rapture trip me out.

So uh, you think gods going to be okay with your little trick, eh? You’ll get to the pearly gates and he’s just going give you a slap on the back and say, “Wow, what a loophole in the rules! If you genocide big enough you go straight to heaven. Good job, hahaha!”

I mean, good thing they saw that all of the “love your fellow man” stuff was really not what was meant at all.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Jesus said you can't love both God and money but what if we put "In God We Trust" on the money? Then it's like the more money I have, the more I'm showing God how much I believe in him. So then I can love both God and money! Take that, Jesus!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Murgos posted:

The ones who want to start WWIII as a short cut to bringing on the rapture trip me out.

So uh, you think gods going to be okay with your little trick, eh? You’ll get to the pearly gates and he’s just going give you a slap on the back and say, “Wow, what a loophole in the rules! If you genocide big enough you go straight to heaven. Good job, hahaha!”

I mean, good thing they saw that all of the “love your fellow man” stuff was really not what was meant at all.

This is actually a good chunk of the old testament

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I mean yeah, Oven of Akhnai and whatnot. Rules-lawyering God is part and parcel of Judaism.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Found this in the cursed images thread

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BiggerBoat posted:

Found this in the cursed images thread

Love weird neck beard Lincoln in the background beside a visibly trying not to puke over the company he's in Teddy Roosevelt.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
LOL.

https://www.snopes.com/ap/2021/12/25/alex-jones-wife-arrested-on-domestic-violence-charge/

Alex Jones’ Wife Arrested on Domestic Violence Charge

The right-wing provocateur said the problem stemmed from a "medication imbalance.”

Sheriff’s deputies took Erika Wulff Jones into custody and booked her into an Austin jail around 8:45 p.m. Friday. Jail records show the 43-year-old faces misdemeanor charges of assault causing bodily injury to a family member and resisting arrest, search or transport. She had not received a bond Saturday afternoon.

Alex Jones, an Austin resident and founder of the right-wing media group Infowars, declined Saturday to say whether he’d been injured or elaborate on what happened beyond that he believes it was related to his wife’s recent change of medication.

“It’s a private family matter that happened on Christmas Eve,” Jones told The Associated Press in a brief interview. “I love my wife and care about her and it appears to be some kind of medication imbalance.”

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Hell has some nice golf courses apparently. I guess Satan really rewards his buddies well.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Hell has some nice golf courses apparently. I guess Satan really rewards his buddies well.

That image just sums up so well what must go on in the brain of your average conservative.

Needs a US Flag on a hole pin and maybe an eagle somewhere (since it's golf, heh). Shove a gun in someone's golf bag, have Jesus strolling across a water hazard and slap a Punisher logo on the golf cart and I think you might just have Republican Brain Bingo. Make one of the trees into a Christmas tree if we're gonna whole hog with it.

It's like a Ben Garrison cartoon come to life except there's no Trump or labels on everything in the picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Broken Neck Chubby Flanders George Washington might be the funniest thing I see all day.

Do they think that, if they use anything other than an old painting, people won't recognize him?

EDIT - The drat thing looks like a knockoff Dead Kennedys album cover and I can't stop looking at it

After The War fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 26, 2021