Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Honestly surprised they put it in that big a font. I suppose the ruling probably included specifics though because they'd absolutely take the piss otherwise (6pt font, yellow ink, upside down)

Yes I seem to recall the ruling specifying the size etc. Nice to see they didn't her her name but the title that lots of people reading the Mail wouldn't associate with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

OwlFancier posted:

I think specifically the suggestion is that he thinks that he has caught a cold and the people who have been vaccinated against covid are for some reason weak to colds, unlike his big brain vaccineless immune system.

Ahhhhh, ok. Still trash. But I get it now, thanks!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

He literally believes that Covid doesn't exist, and that it's all a big government conspiracy. Even after being hospitalised with covid, he's still a covid denialist, and he's still spreading his bullshit beliefs to his followers.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Dec 26, 2021

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

German concentration camps: famous for tricking people into staying in them

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Red Oktober posted:

The second comment is also trash - I know the plural of anecdote is not data - but I and everyone I know who has caught COVID after two vaccinations have specifically not been laid low at all - it’s been a couple of days of coughing a bit and being tired. It’s nothing like when someone without the vaccine catches it, nothing at all.

Both my siblings got covid after being vaccinated. Brother was broadly asymptomatic - he felt a bit down for a couple of days. My sister after a week of, in her words, "unbearable pain" was told by a doctor to call an ambulance if no improvement in another 24 hours. Still lost her taste and smell for a month or so. Fortunately she started improving and recovered OK but I'm guessing she may have had a real struggle if she hadn't have been vaccinated.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Miftan posted:

German concentration camps: famous for tricking people into staying in them

If it sucks, hit da bricks.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Weird that the nazis managed to kill so many people when all you had to do was just answer a riddle and they let you go.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Trapped in a hospital bed, one consultant tells the truth and the other one only tells lies

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

You have until your oxygen cylinder runs out to determine which is which.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

fuctifino posted:

He literally believes that Covid doesn't exist, and that it's all a big government conspiracy. Even after being hospitalised with covid, he's still a cofid denialist, and he's still spreading his bullshit beliefs to his followers.

An anti-vaxxer sent me to johnny boy's videos to try and "pill" me in some way and it was just a really ugly man saying that he's an undertaker and a lot of people are dying at the moment.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's funny in a not-actually-funny way to see people crudely attach half remembered immunology and germ theory concepts to what is fundamentally a worldview of "I am a big manly man and I will fight everything with my raw muscle power grr argh" like someone gluing greebles onto a model spaceship to make it seem more believable.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Angepain posted:

It's fun and all seeing someone bash johnson but then there's the aftertaste of this dickhead - who was fine with the racism and depriving poor people etc etc while the poll numbers were okay - strutting around like he's a top kingmaker of a supposedly democratic government just on the basis of having oodles of cash, and i want to go live in a cave

Some oval office like him probably owns all the caves.

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Dec 26, 2021

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Day three of covid for me. Symptoms are still largely changed (mostly sore throat, blocked nose, otherwise fine).

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Pablo Bluth posted:

Day three of covid for me. Symptoms are still largely changed (mostly sore throat, blocked nose, otherwise fine).

See my wife and I (and son, 2-year-old daughter shook it off almost immediately) have been having exactly these symptoms + headache for ages and no matter how much we test it keeps coming back negative and it's like if we're not getting covid immunity out of it what's the loving point

Colds suck.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

goddamnedtwisto posted:

No, by definition the PM has to be a Member of Parliament. There's some discussion over whether since 1911 he can be a Lord (probably not and even if he could there's no way to get him upstairs without appointing another, different, PM who would then have to resign to let him in).

There isn't really a definition of the prime minister though is there? It's purely a position based on convention and has no basis in statute, so there isn't any strict definition that says they need to be a member of the house of commons, just that they need a majority in the commons and as long as they have that then they get to use the crown's perogative powers.

I agree it's realistically improbable but the last 5 years have repeatedly demonstrated that constitutional conventions can be completely ignored by a politician with enough support from the powers that be. Theoretically I think any individual could serve as prime minister provided that they could get a majority in the house to support them, though I think if we had got to that point they'd have probably stopped pretending we have a functional democracy.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

a pipe smoking dog posted:

There isn't really a definition of the prime minister though is there? It's purely a position based on convention and has no basis in statute, so there isn't any strict definition that says they need to be a member of the house of commons, just that they need a majority in the commons and as long as they have that then they get to use the crown's perogative powers.

I agree it's realistically improbable but the last 5 years have repeatedly demonstrated that constitutional conventions can be completely ignored by a politician with enough support from the powers that be. Theoretically I think any individual could serve as prime minister provided that they could get a majority in the house to support them, though I think if we had got to that point they'd have probably stopped pretending we have a functional democracy.

Problem is that any non-MP (maybe non-MP ministers excepted) can't speak at the dispatch box iirc. Not sure about the Tories but Labour have it written in their rules that their leader must be an MP which solves the issue for a Labour PM (not that we're having one of those again for a while).

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Tomberforce posted:

Both my siblings got covid after being vaccinated. Brother was broadly asymptomatic - he felt a bit down for a couple of days. My sister after a week of, in her words, "unbearable pain" was told by a doctor to call an ambulance if no improvement in another 24 hours. Still lost her taste and smell for a month or so. Fortunately she started improving and recovered OK but I'm guessing she may have had a real struggle if she hadn't have been vaccinated.

Esssh, that certainly kicks my theory into the long grass. Great she’s ok now!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean the idea that vaccination broadly prevents severe symptoms is true, otherwise we would be having a thousand dead per day at the moment. It just isn't necessarily true for every single person.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
lol, If the guy thought he was fine to leave and didn't need the oxygen, why didn't he just let it run out and then walk away lol?

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Covid is vascular, it causes inflammation of the blood vessels and that causes pain. Normal NSAIDs don't touch it in some people. It's awful.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/dec/25/one-year-on-most-voters-say-brexit-has-gone-badly

quote:

Adam Drummond, of Opinium, said the most striking finding was that Leavers were now more hesitant about the virtues of Brexit than previously.

“For most of the Brexit process any time you’d ask a question that could be boiled down to ‘is Brexit good or bad?’ you’d have all of the Remainers saying ‘bad’ and all of the Leavers saying ‘good’ and these would cancel each other out,” he said.

“Now what we’re seeing is a significant minority of Leavers saying that things are going badly or at least worse than they expected. While 59% of Remain voters said, ‘I expected it to go badly and think it has’, only 17% of Leave voters said, ‘I expected it to go well and think it has’.

“Only 7% of Remainers think Brexit has gone better than expected versus 26% of Leavers saying it has gone worse than expected. So instead of two uniformly opposing blocs, the Remain bloc are still mostly united on Brexit being bad while the Leave bloc are a bit more split.”

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

so what though? too bloody late now

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Lungboy posted:

Problem is that any non-MP (maybe non-MP ministers excepted) can't speak at the dispatch box iirc. Not sure about the Tories but Labour have it written in their rules that their leader must be an MP which solves the issue for a Labour PM (not that we're having one of those again for a while).

Nothing stopping them having someone deputise for them, surely.

Comedy option, Her Maj drops this whole newfangled 'prime minister' nonsense and just goes back to doing it herself.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm surprised that only 7% of Remainers think Brexit has gone better than expected. I fully expected the UK to no deal as hard and as soon as possible rather than scrambling for time.

(That in itself is probably why some Leavers are saying it has gone worse than expected. They expected no deal immediately and then the choirs of angels and lancaster bombers and whatever else was supposed to happen next.)

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Guavanaut posted:

I'm surprised that only 7% of Remainers think Brexit has gone better than expected. I fully expected the UK to no deal as hard and as soon as possible rather than scrambling for time.

(That in itself is probably why some Leavers are saying it has gone worse than expected. They expected no deal immediately and then the choirs of angels and lancaster bombers and whatever else was supposed to happen next.)

Yeah exactly I think a lot of leavers are upset that we havent brexited hard enough, rather than having had a change of heart on the idea of brexiting

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

They should have been more careful of what they wished for, i shed no tears for them... only the remainers trapped alongside them.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Girlfriend's cousin's family just popped round unexpectedly to see the baby

It's alright though, they only wanted to chat in the garden

Because they have Covid :wtc:

(we told them to do one obvs, they did not see the baby. loving livid, frankly)

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Borrovan posted:

Girlfriend's cousin's family just popped round unexpectedly to see the baby

It's alright though, they only wanted to chat in the garden

Because they have Covid :wtc:

(we told them to do one obvs, they did not see the baby. loving livid, frankly)

It's only a bit of plague. It'll get yer baby's immune system up and running faster!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Richard Osman opens up to Desert Island Discs about food addiction

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59769725

quote:

"But if an alcoholic came to my house they would be shocked to see bottles of gin and bottles of wine, completely untouched," Osman told presenter Lauren Laverne. "Because an alcoholic couldn't have that in their house.

"And if I came to your house and there were crisps or chocolate bars untouched in the fridge, I'd be like 'What? How are they untouched?' - if I'm going through an episode."

The addiction, he said, "is identical" to that experienced by people with alcohol and drug addictions.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i don't think you can actually catch it on a sunday though, its why the numbers always jump on a monday to catch up.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i don't think you can actually catch it on a sunday though, its why the numbers always jump on a monday to catch up.

Incorrect - myself, the missus, and the father in law all just tested positive! All fine for now except I have a little dry cough though. Lol. Lmao.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

crispix posted:

Tbh I don't understand how people can eat less than an entire bag of crisps or bar of chocolate either. If it's open, it's all going.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
OHVUH TO YOU MBAAA'AAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smug:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
it's telling that he's thought of as highly intelligent because he reads out facts on television for lots of money but any time he gives an opinion it seems to be utterly thoughtless, vapid dogshit

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

crispix posted:

This is exactly my relationship with food. I can't keep any nice food (ie biscuits cakes chocolate ice-cream sweets cereal) in at all because it calls and calls to me non stop until it's gone to the point that I cannot concentrate on anything else until I've dealt with it. I've tried explaining it to my mother in exactly these terms (you wouldn't leave an open bottle of wine around if I was an alcoholic so do not leave open packets of Alpen or biscuits around) (she used to stay with me once a week when she had some reason to be in town late and would leave that stuff lying about so I would eat it all NOT wanting to and have to rebuy it.

I have mentioned before my Y2K apocalypse stash and how I consumed 6 months worth of canned custard in a couple of days. Hence my Brexit / covid apocalypse rations are boring beans rice veg etc. No nice food at all.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 26, 2021

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

crispix posted:

it's telling that he's thought of as highly intelligent because he reads out facts on television for lots of money but any time he gives an opinion it seems to be utterly thoughtless, vapid dogshit

Seriously.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

This is exactly my relationship with food. I can't keep any nice food (ie biscuits cakes chocolate ice-cream sweets cereal) in at all because it calls and calls to me non stop until it's gone to the point that I cannot concentrate on anything else until I've dealt with it. I've tried explaining it to my mother in exactly these terms (you wouldn't leave an open bottle of wine around if I was an alcoholic so do not leave open packets of Alpen or biscuits around) (she used to stay with me once a week when she had some reason to be in town late and would leave that stuff lying about so I would eat it all NOT wanting to and have to rebuy it.

I have mentioned before my Y2K apocalypse stash and how I consumed 6 months worth of canned custard in a couple of days. Hence my Brexit / covid apocalypse rations are boring beans rice veg etc. No nice food at all.

i used to have awful problems with food, including really destructive eating disorders in my late teens/early 20s but it's a completely different thing from alcoholism, which i've also experienced

they're just god drat not identical :mad:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

crispix posted:

i used to have awful problems with food, including really destructive eating disorders in my late teens/early 20s but it's a completely different thing from alcoholism, which i've also experienced

they're just god drat not identical in any way :mad:

Yeah it's a pretty ridiculous statement and sounds like he's never been close to an alcoholic (maybe he read some facts about them). I'd add that although weight/appearance can be deceptive the man can't be much more than 14st even accounting for his height.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i've not experienced a drug addiction so i can't comment on that, not that that stopped that square headed bimbo oval office from flapping his gums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I could not eat all of a clearly segmented chocolate bar in one go, but without the clear delineations would have to eat it all. I suppose a family bag versus multi bag of crisps is much the same.