Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I hear Lyse knows Waif-fu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I'll never forgive Lyse for punching my husbando in the face. That's my face to punch.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

OhFunny posted:

I'll never forgive Lyse for punching my husbando in the face. That's my face to punch.

The Namazu in Kugane???

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

The Namazu in Kugane???

Listen.

I can fix him.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I agree with you but can you melt down in a less obnoxious way next time lol

I blazed through SB early this year and Fordola’s arc was one of the more interesting ones. I want more characters like her

biceps crimes fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Dec 26, 2021

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

CJ posted:

WoL: Hey G'raha what's u-

G'raha: When i was a boy i dreamed of travelling the world like the adventurers of legend, to see sights unseen, to truly experience what this wonderous star has to offer. The day i saw you standing there in front of the Crystarium felt like a dream, oh how i longed to go on adventures with you, my inspiration. Promise me that you will take me with you where ever you decide to go after this is all done. I care not where i end up, as long as it is by your side. I'm just a catboy, standing in front of a girl, asking her to like him. Oh the places we will go,

Me: YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME ON MY ADVENTURES YOU BIG DUMB IDIOT :qq:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

G'raha is cool and good and my friend

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

G'raha went from 'Oh he's into the WoL' to insanely clingy and I got uncomfortable with him this expansion. Like I needed to carry a spray bottle whenever he was onscreen.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

He just wanted to go on a chill adventure after everything in Shadowbringers, but oops it's the end of the world.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

gay_crimes posted:

I agree with you but can you melt down in a less obnoxious way next time lol

I blazed through SB early this year and Fordola’s arc was one of the more interesting ones. I want more characters like her

If you haven't done 'em, the Endwalker role quests for Healers are in large part about Fordola (and in a similar vein the Physical Ranged DPS ones touch upon the aftermath of the Yotsuyu situation in Doma).

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't even really understand the complaints about clingyness, there's like one scene maybe in EW I can recall at all where the character comes on all that strongly and it makes perfect sense in context

Arist fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 26, 2021

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I don't really get it either. The height of that kind of thing is like 5.4/5.5 where he's finally on an adventure with the WoL and meeting all these legends. There's only one part of EW where it really gets close to that level again and it makes sense in context as Arist said

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

He's a puppy who happens to be a cat

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Kanfy posted:

If you haven't done 'em, the Endwalker role quests for Healers are in large part about Fordola (and in a similar vein the Physical Ranged DPS ones touch upon the aftermath of the Yotsuyu situation in Doma).

thanks for the tip! I've been leveling my tanks to 90 since their queues are better than healer queues, but I've been meaning to go back to WHM maining

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
G'raha eat borger. Very big borger. Afraid of pickle.

Very cute.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

G'raha is cool and strong and real and my friend.

I guess some people got a stalker vibe from his very first appearance and let that color their impression of him all the way through? It never even occurred to me until I saw people saying stuff like that in this thread, honestly.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In actuality G'raha is not clingy enough because he won't even let me kiss him

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I like G'raha a lot, but he definitely has a bit of a hero worship thing with the WoL that I can see putting people off.

Like, in the context of his story, it makes sense. By similar metrics, I feel like Alisae's relationship to the WoL can feel a bit weird sometimes. (But she also contextualizes it very well at one point.)

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 26, 2021

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Oxyclean posted:

I like G'raha a lot, but he definitely has a bit of a hero worship thing with the WoL that I can see putting people off.

Like, in the context of his story, it kind of makes sense. By similar metrics, I feel like Alisae's relationship to the WoL can feel a bit weird sometimes. (But she also contextualizes it very well at one point.)

Alisae is a teenage girl, she's allowed to fangirl. G'raha is an old man.

The sentimental speeches were endearing in 3.0 and 3.3, but after he joined the Scions he kept doing it. I remember he did it in Azys Lla in 3.4 then obviously at the end of zone 6 of EW. We're teammates now, the idolisation thing is weird. I think they don't have anything to do with the character and he just has to hang around. He had one good moment in RAH where he went Exarch mode in the square but the rest of the time he was just tagging along. They should have had bodyswap Zenos give him the Y'shtola treatment from Stormblood and put him in the hospital until the final zone.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I really want the Seventh Dawn title but I don't think I have it in me...I don't even mind the slow trash pack kills but the bosses just take forever. Wish if you went in at max level they'd be sped up since you wouldn't be getting xp from it..just make loot not drop either I don't care...

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
what's it from? Trust grinding?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

hazardousmouse posted:

what's it from? Trust grinding?

Exactly.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna get the title

It helps that I have a few DPS jobs I want to level, and I'm not in a huge rush so I'll do it at a relaxed pace.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I level everyhting and I mostly did dps via trusts, but that was before the dungeon exp changes. Trust dungeons don't benefit from that for whatever reason. Anyway because I have brain worms I am just left with Alisaie but also I don't want to see the tower of zot ever again. :negative:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
If I were to try and get that title... I never levelled the trusts to cap back in ShB. How does this impact using them for EW dungeons?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Just wait until they increase trust xp like they did in shb.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

They are separate iirc, given for EW they start at 81

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
So what's the benefit to raising both expansion sets to cap? Just glams for the ShB side?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Kanfy posted:

Also summoner job quests I think?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Also summoner job quests I think?

Just the 80 capstone quest. It's funny, the summoner quests don't involve Ala Mhigo at all before that, since it's an ancient Allagan thing.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Eimi posted:

They are separate iirc, given for EW they start at 81

They don't start at 81 in EW for Avatar mode purposes. The version of the Trusts you have to actually level keep their levels from ShB (which I know because I didn't level them in ShB and everyone except G'raha and Estinien are in the 70s). They're always the right level for the dungeon for Scenario mode, though.

That said leveling through the ShB levels is pretty fast for Trusts now, like one dungeon per level.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hazardousmouse posted:

So what's the benefit to raising both expansion sets to cap? Just glams for the ShB side?

Glams and the title. I think they also make dungeon grinding a tad faster, since they'll have a level lead on the minimum level storyline avatars, but probably not substantially so.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

drat Dirty Ape posted:

This + since there's one more trust avatar in EW than there was in ShB you would have to do a bunch of extra runs

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Harrow posted:

They don't start at 81 in EW for Avatar mode purposes. The version of the Trusts you have to actually level keep their levels from ShB (which I know because I didn't level them in ShB and everyone except G'raha and Estinien are in the 70s). They're always the right level for the dungeon for Scenario mode, though.

That said leveling through the ShB levels is pretty fast for Trusts now, like one dungeon per level.

Huh, I don't remember having to level them to 81 for Avatar mode, I could just start off grinding everyone.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
It is x weeks since ew dropped and I still have not unlocked any dungeon beyond dead ends because the minion will not drop. I have been doing basically nothing but running dead ends with a brief break for pandaemonium and I have not even seen it drop. why have you forsaken me, yoshi-p

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Eimi posted:

Huh, I don't remember having to level them to 81 for Avatar mode, I could just start off grinding everyone.

They pop directly from 80 to 81 now.

As for G'raha, he's kind of stuck in limbo, where nearly every character in the game is sufficiently plausibly deniably attracted to the Warrior of Light that each player can just imagine that they're dating Y'shtola or Aymeric offscreen, except that for G'raha his thirst is so strong that it's just difficult to imagine the WoL putting up with it and not saying anything. If someone acted like that to me, I would either kiss him or tell him it wasn't going to happen; I wouldn't just let things go on like that.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
lol

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

drat Dirty Ape posted:

If you do this they should give you the title "Fake Friend"

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Fairweather friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I play a lalafell so I don't really parse anybody as being attracted to the WoL. I guess a lot of it is probably based on your own character's body language and stuff, because I read, say, Aymeric for example as having kind of a "my younger sibling has really grown up and made me proud" type relationship to the WoL. Ditto G'raha reminds me of the professional rush of working with somebody whose work you admire or who was formative to you earlier in your career-- a little overawed but trying to keep on his toes and make a good impression.