Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

as promised, Beemo the okayest foster brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

beemo beein a good teacher

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

pastor of muppets posted:

And a new Grandpa Mason rises.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

gently caress SNEEP posted:

marceline love towel :kimchi:
https://i.imgur.com/r6NPhbp.mp4
(turn on sound)

:3:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Beemo is hella great

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Organza Quiz posted:

Starts on page 10 of if you just look at JZSG's posts in this thread, also holy poo poo that was over eight years ago

Thank you! :neckbeard:

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

gently caress SNEEP posted:

marceline love towel :kimchi:
https://i.imgur.com/r6NPhbp.mp4
(turn on sound)

This is so cute I'm gonna die

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

look at all these good kitties

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

What do you do with a semi-feral cat that isn't afraid to approach but won't get close enough for pets either? I don't think 'give it time' is the answer because this has been going on for like 2 years.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
let them inside

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
feed it

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So, I did mention I work retail pharmacy earlier, and we occasionally get pet prescriptions. We also get dogs semi regularly in cars in the drive thru.

Today there was a cat in the drive thru and I had to squee :3:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Already done (and shelter) but it isn't really improving things. She comes running when we open the door but then hangs back so you can't actually pet her or pick her up. If you start making moves like you're gonna, she backs up another 3 feet.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

a trail of food leading into the house

alternative: go for the cat trap, get the kitty checked out, see if she's a possibility for a domesticated buddy. etc At worst its a TNR situation.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
your local vet will probably be able to provide humane traps and suggestions how to do so etc etc

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

No new pics I'm afraid friends, I didn't think of you guys and they all involve family faces and no doxing but our Simba orange catte is settling into a time of whining at the door to be let out for a half hour then lurking under the bed since we keep him in til he heals then eating and getting his meds and then zonking out on various visiting family members' laps for the rest of the day til another evening door whining session.

I love him a bunch, he's so sweet. It would be absolutely understandable for him to be a bit bitey being forced indoors after being outside for (vet estimate) two and a half years but he's so gentle and sweet.

He's worked out he can clean some of his body even with the cone but when he wants to clean a back leg he often tumbles over backwards as he lifts it to him coned head.

Advice though if possible, he is reaaaaaaaally determined to be outside, hates his carrier etc. Before he was injured we had him as basically a persistent guest. We very much know for his own good even here in Sweden it's best he be indoors but he is extremely determined not to be and we are soft hearted fuckers who bow to his will. Is it just best that even after he heals we just keep h inside or what? He really really wants to be outside, we have to be fort Knox style while he has his cone secure entry and exit etc... Any advice for keeping him happy to be inside?

He's so good you guys and so sweet.

NLJP fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 27, 2021

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
https://i.imgur.com/F1DVDHt.mp4

Calliope has come to terms with the snow!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

NLJP posted:

Advice though if possible, he is reaaaaaaaally determined to be outside, hates his carrier etc. Before he was injured we had him as basically a persistent guest. We very much know for his own good even here in Sweden it's best he be indoors but he is extremely determined not to be and we are soft hearted fuckers who bow to his will. Is it just best that even after he heals we just keep h inside or what? He really really wants to be outside, we have to be fort Knox style while he has his cone secure entry and exit etc... Any advice for keeping him happy to be inside?

You could try harness training him? That way he gets to be outside but it's under your rules and protection. Obviously that would have to wait until he's healed up. Other than that I suggest spoiling him rotten with toys and play and treats. But yeah, you should never let a cat outside to free roam, there's cars and other cats and even other humans they could come to harm if they encounter.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/GarbageWitchy/status/1475414746639654914?s=20

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
took these on the 25th but forgot to post until now

merry christmas from ozzie

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
A lot of quality cats and cat stories up there.
Lump was desperate to be an indoor cat the second I found her skinny rear end on the street. I was worried the first night she spent at my apartment, but she used her litter box and slept in her little bed like a world champion napper.
I got covid on Christmas and she's been glued to me since. My little angel.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Beemo channeling the legendary Mr. Cat :love:

computer angel posted:

I got covid on Christmas and she's been glued to me since.

Jeez, that's rough. Hope your symptoms remain mild. Glad you have a good nurse (Lump)

Covid doesn't hurt cats does it?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

NLJP posted:

my partner works with a tnr [trap neuter release] program here and some ferals are feral forever, even if you can pet them, etc. they trap all the ones they can in this area and many have gone through fostering and found permanent homes but a bunch, even ones that are friendly and pettable, wash out of foster care and get released back where they were. you could start with a dedicated shelter for your friend, there's a lot of easy DIY options using plastic bins or coolers and blankets/straw. It can also take a lot of time, like months of patience from what I've seen from youtubes

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

qirex posted:

my partner works with a tnr [trap neuter release] program here and some ferals are feral forever, even if you can pet them, etc. they trap all the ones they can in this area and many have gone through fostering and found permanent homes but a bunch, even ones that are friendly and pettable, wash out of foster care and get released back where they were.

Project MEOW, based in Philadelphia, has a founder who owns a barn upstate. If a cat is too mean to house (and that happens) then that cat is taken to a farawy place, where they can run and play and fight with all the other barn cats too mean to be trusted inside.

If you had a bad cat as a child who your parents sent away to a farm, who knows? It might have actually happened!

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

ugh. got a call that Rocky's cremains are ready to be picked up.

and his meds showed up in the mail. they autoshipped the day before he died so it was too late to cancel them.

today is rough. :(

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/v99BngR.gifv

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

ugh. got a call that Rocky's cremains are ready to be picked up.

and his meds showed up in the mail. they autoshipped the day before he died so it was too late to cancel them.

today is rough. :(

I'm so sorry it sucks to get that reminder in the time you're processing :(

As for the advice, thanks guys. We're going to try various things! He's still relatively young and he just wandered into our house one day for food. Going to try our best to keep him safe and well.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Ok, I looked at the old posts. Gosh Walt grew up into a fine looking gentleman!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

turkey rat goblin - > big flooflord is a great Catte thread success story.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Pictured: widget, drunk on :catdrugs:

Her dental went great, and she didn't need any teeth pulled! I'm happy, but my wallet is even happier. Her blood work looks great for a 12 year old cat and she's losing weight slowly but steadily on her diet even though she's still fat.

Good job, widget!

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Hooray for Widget!

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

cattelendar received! catface is perplexed but that is her normal state so it's okay

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Radio! posted:

cattelendar received! catface is perplexed but that is her normal state so it's okay

:five:

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
score: :confuoot:.:confuoot:

Great success!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Fashionably Great posted:

Her dental went great, and she didn't need any teeth pulled! I'm happy, but my wallet is even happier. Her blood work looks great for a 12 year old cat and she's losing weight slowly but steadily on her diet even though she's still fat.

Good job, widget!

Good going, Widget!

Wolfgang here recently had a dental too, which also went well. He's an old video from before that, where I'm sitting on there toilet, leaning forward, and Wolfy has jumped on my back and made himself comfortable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKpShaoFfj0

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Whats in the box?!

Oh hi

Jan 25, 2014.

-----------

Today:

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Oct 23, 2023

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Radio! posted:

Catface is perfect.

I wish I could stage a picture of Bandit and Sundae with the cover image, but anytime I go near Sundae she gets up immediately and starts yelling at me to pet her. I need to make a montage of her yelling at me at some point.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Fashionably Great posted:

Good job, widget!

Good job widget!!!!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Chilling on the couch with James, watching GDQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8APCUdOBX3M

My hyperhidrosis is really kicking in, so his belly is getting thoroughly drenched from my hand sweat. I don't think he realises yet :D

E: also: jeepers, he's really due for a claw trim!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

mlep