Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
It gets extremely loud on Customs when Reshala and the boys are doing the tree circle and all unloading their AKs into the air every minute or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Survivalist Path - Tough Guy might be bugged. I killed the requisite three scavs and extracted via the car only to not see a kill count screen and leave with 63xp.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

is that the pain one? I just finished it earlier today

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Should I walk up to Christmas trees with scavs circling? Should I kill the scavs? They don’t seem interested in me and I was pretty close to them on woods.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

they don't seem to attack unless you do

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Throwing a grenade is an attack btw, as i learned the hard way :v:

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

Survivalist Path - Tough Guy might be bugged. I killed the requisite three scavs and extracted via the car only to not see a kill count screen and leave with 63xp.

I had a similar thing happen with the headshot/tremor one. The PMCs were not on the summary screen, but i did complete the quest.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Nikita heard the cries of people who lost reputation in this event:
https://twitter.com/tarkov/status/1475441599748485127?t=ix6Dfe5CkyDxht1oR0tEgw&s=19

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

VoIP is turning out to be cool and good.
I have had one negitive interaction of trying to team up with a PMC group and his buddy shooting me with a pistol soon as he saw me. Honestly, that is the only bad one I have had.

One moment that sticks out to me; this is during a scav run on customs

I was heading towards big red on customs, and a playerscav stopped and asked for heals since he had a heavy bleed. I am newer and tossed him a AI-2 and he's like well, this works I guess.
I said I have other meds, what do you need? He's like Oh a EsMarch if you have it!
I drop it on the ground - and tell him.
Next thing I know the AI scav comes over and looks at it, and takes it.
We both start shouting and shooting him, and he said "I did what I had to do man"

If you are out there man, I respect you.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Drops on the BSG twitch right now. 5 minute window to claim when Santa Nikita hits the button.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

The scav circling trees thing is confusing and hilarious. I did a dawn reserve raid to find the tree, couldn't see poo poo, and thought there was a firefight going on. Nope, just a scav circling around and popping off shots, completely ignoring me even when I shot him.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
I just blew through a scav on factory who was standing directly in front of santa who immediately unloaded some monster machine gun he was holding. I just ran the gently caress out bc I'm pretty sure hes just a boss HP wise.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

fknlo posted:

Drops on the BSG twitch right now. 5 minute window to claim when Santa Nikita hits the button.

Never seen so many nerds having so much fun pulling random junk out of a bag lol

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
It's a great stream

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

I thought I accidentally killed Santa yesterday when he ran in front of Reshala's guards, but turns out it was Reshala wearing the full Santa costume, red Pilgrim and all. Be careful out there.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Got two drops while watching a bunch of drunk Russians give each other beef stew, 10/10

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
You'll do fine no matter what. That's my motto.
This game feels so hostile to newbies it's crazy. I barely made it to an extraction zone with a few seconds left, turns out you need the full 7 seconds or whatever for you to extract.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Kashwashwa posted:

This game feels so hostile to newbies it's crazy. I barely made it to an extraction zone with a few seconds left, turns out you need the full 7 seconds or whatever for you to extract.

Don’t worry, it’s hostile to literally all players and not just newbies

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Kashwashwa posted:

Wait until you actually know all the extracts and have an awesome raid and then show up at the wrong one fully loaded up with loot and only like 2 minutes left in the raid. Lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Do scav extracts go away as they get used or do party members just not get the same extracts? I played with my friend in a party and we got to the extract with like 15 seconds to go, I escaped, but he then noticed that extract wasn't available to him and he got hosed because the next extract was far away.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

explosivo posted:

Do scav extracts go away as they get used or do party members just not get the same extracts? I played with my friend in a party and we got to the extract with like 15 seconds to go, I escaped, but he then noticed that extract wasn't available to him and he got hosed because the next extract was far away.

scav parties don't share extracts or anything

just think of it as dropping in the same place, but that's it

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Buff Hardback posted:

gently caress, okay lol that explains it then. I was walking my newbie friend through his first scav run but we were pressed for time when we spawned in and basically had to hoof it directly to an exit. I kept referencing the extract name and he just didn't realize so I felt like poo poo when I extracted with seconds left and he was like "Wait what do I do I don't see anything??" and by that point the raid was over.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

You left your newbie friend alone to die? That's classic Tarky.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Buff Hardback posted:

scav parties will have *one* shared extract.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Buff Hardback posted:

Sometimes you don't even drop in the same place! I had a scav run with a buddy and we spawned on opposite sides of Reserve.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Anybody else having issues with microstuttering in this game? It's been a constant thing for me but seems even worse lately. I'm on a 2070 and 9700k and it's starting to get extremely frustrating. Not an issue anywhere else except for Tarkov.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

house of the dad posted:

Anybody else having issues with microstuttering in this game? It's been a constant thing for me but seems even worse lately. I'm on a 2070 and 9700k and it's starting to get extremely frustrating. Not an issue anywhere else except for Tarkov.

Had that problem when I first started too. Turned down various graphic settings till it went away, no clue what though. Try the usual suspects first (also if you turn down shadows all the way you'll gain a tactical advantage in dark environments!)

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Wrr posted:

Had that problem when I first started too. Turned down various graphic settings till it went away, no clue what though. Try the usual suspects first (also if you turn down shadows all the way you'll gain a tactical advantage in dark environments!)

I have literally everything turned down as low as it will go and it's still happening. This is the only game I have this problem with and it's starting to bum me out.

Edit: I followed an optimization guide I found online and it’s fixed basically all of my problems. I could cry right now

house of the dad fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 28, 2021

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

house of the dad posted:

I have literally everything turned down as low as it will go and it's still happening. This is the only game I have this problem with and it's starting to bum me out.

Edit: I followed an optimization guide I found online and it’s fixed basically all of my problems. I could cry right now

Could you post a link to that? I've got a couple of friends who could seriously use something like that

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxyKMol-zOU

I'm sure there are other guides to the same effect but this one worked for me. Most important thing seemed to be the changes in the nvidia control panel.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
Anyone else having a lot of trouble with Shoreline right now? I’m not even going to resort and I’ve been head/eyes multiple times by naked PMCs with Poleva slugs or pistols.

I’ve dropped so much gear there the last day or so, lol.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
I was in Dorms and some guy is like "don't shoot. i'm just questing", i reply "yeah that's cool". He finally says "I'm done. thanks man". As soon as he leaves i just hear a torrent of silenced Vector shots. Sad times.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Drops so far: a shovel, 4x Analgin painkillers, and 2x Emergency Water Rations :asoiaf:

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

I was in Dorms and some guy is like "don't shoot. i'm just questing", i reply "yeah that's cool". He finally says "I'm done. thanks man". As soon as he leaves i just hear a torrent of silenced Vector shots. Sad times.

I didn't have comms on, but I ran into a dude in dorms and just stared at the back of his head until he turned around. He instantly wiggled and we went on our ways, things are weird man.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I love VoIP. So many questing players deciding not to choose violence when given the means to do so. Twice in one raid, even.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Wrr posted:

I love VoIP. So many questing players deciding not to choose violence when given the means to do so. Twice in one raid, even.

Yep. i was on customs popping over to the christmas tree for the quest and as i walk past two story dorms a pmc inside greets me to let me know he's doing a pvp quest so if i don't want to fight i should run :3:
i'm a little confused at his tactics but it was very honorable

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

pocket pool posted:

Anyone else having a lot of trouble with Shoreline right now? I’m not even going to resort and I’ve been head/eyes multiple times by naked PMCs with Poleva slugs or pistols.

I’ve dropped so much gear there the last day or so, lol.

I've been getting just wrecked on customs. I've only been killed by PMC's a couple times too :negative:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Tonight I healed 340 points between an AFAK and Cheese and had to staple all four of my limbs back on in the first floor of dorms. I had to stop and kill player scavs between surgeries. Gonna remember this for those times when the game over screen shows 400+ damage to body yet I don't get a kill credit.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I find the whole "Everyone being nice and holding hands" poo poo really obnoxious in this game (of all games) so I go out of my way to be nice and blast people in the face when they drop their guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

hello internet posted:

I find the whole "Everyone being nice and holding hands" poo poo really obnoxious in this game (of all games) so I go out of my way to be nice and blast people in the face when they drop their guard.

Got picked on a lot in school, huh.