Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

the two post-msq level 90 dungeons are pretty toothless. The double pulls are fine even with an incompetent healer (or an incompetent tank if the healer if on top of things) so you should feel free to just always go for it

the problems i've had with "big" pulls in the ex dungeons have been due to awful dps. tanks and healers in 89 gear can keep up with the doubles just fine otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I just really really like my Viera as a reaper. I'm gay for my own character. :shobon: [Zone 4 spoilers]

Filthy Haiku fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 27, 2021

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
the 89 gear is still like 560 ilvl, the max so far is 585 right? that's good enough.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

For trash packs though, you can put shields on the tank while they're pulling, and usually have 3 addersting when you reach a wall. In that case toxicon is way better dps than dyskrasia.

A minor optimization trick: the majority of Endwalker bosses will huck out their big AoE at the start of a fight, so you can preshield 2-3 members of your party with E.Diagnosis, get full Toxicon stacks, burn one if you need it for movement during a boss, and then have full stacks for the next pull as well.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

So I'm finishing off getting my crafters to 90. Is there an easy way to go from the Handsaint gear to an HQ 90 set?

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Filthy Haiku posted:

I just really really like my Viera as a reaper. I'm gay for my own character. :shobon: [Zone 4 spoilers]

gay for your own character is the goal, always

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Oxyclean posted:

So I'm finishing off getting my crafters to 90. Is there an easy way to go from the Handsaint gear to an HQ 90 set?

The level 90 crafter gear is trivial to HQ yourself when you get there. I had a poorly melded facet set to get through EW and it was no problem to craft HQ 90s.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

I'm using full Handsaint gear and this macro took me all the way to 90:

I quick synth all intermediate crafts then just use that on the final item, can use all NQ materials.

I tried this earlier and failed and was wondering wtf the problem was and realized there's a skill still locked behind Heavensward quests for some reason. I knocked out the one for the crafter I was using, but I guess I still have seven more to go. Feels bad.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Sinteres posted:

I tried this earlier and failed and was wondering wtf the problem was and realized there's a skill still locked behind Heavensward quests for some reason. I knocked out the one for the crafter I was using, but I guess I still have seven more to go. Feels bad.

Yeah manipulation is absolutely required for crafting and if you don't have the level65 crafting quest finished you don't have the skill. At least you can buy the materials for the crafts in idyllshire so it should be easy to prog through that.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Fiye posted:

Yeah manipulation is absolutely required for crafting and if you don't have the level65 crafting quest finished you don't have the skill. At least you can buy the materials for the crafts in idyllshire so it should be easy to prog through that.

Oh wow I had no idea about that last part and was gathering stuff myself/buying on the mb. That helps a ton, thanks.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Manipulation II still being locked behind a quest - especially a quest so late down the line - really feels like a weird relic of 4.X with how much crafting has been revamped overall. You only get that and Quality Assurance from quests now, but you may as well not be a real crafter if you don't have them.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I had no idea there was a quest that locked a skill still. I stopped doing the crafting quests in hw when they got super annoying, becuause hw crafting was awful

though all I do with my crafters is repair and unlock the beast tribe and custom delivery storylines, so it doesn't really matter

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/WuffFluff/status/1475262535859380225?t=xzvL5J8u0cvyST7ncQAVyQ&s=19

Sweet summer childe

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Oxyclean posted:

Just make it yourself, really. While I don't believe you can get 100% HQ on the 90 recipes in Handsaint, you can do so if you use some 20 gil ARR NQ food. This is a 19 action rotation that works with NQ Mashed Popotoes or any better +Craftsmanship food and this is a 20 action version that works with NQ Frumenty or any other +CP food.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

Vermain posted:

Manipulation II still being locked behind a quest - especially a quest so late down the line - really feels like a weird relic of 4.X with how much crafting has been revamped overall. You only get that and Quality Assurance from quests now, but you may as well not be a real crafter if you don't have them.

Honestly of all the crafting quests HW ones are the absolute loving worst because of some of the troubles you have to go through to craft some of the stuff.

Kinda wish they continued with the SB method where you're straight up given the mats and just have to bang it out then and there.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fiye posted:

I donno, I've got everyone except cooking to 90 and I never touch the skill. There's enough overlap that there's lots of ways to go about crafting, just depends on your preference.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Oneiros posted:

the problems i've had with "big" pulls in the ex dungeons have been due to awful dps. tanks and healers in 89 gear can keep up with the doubles just fine otherwise

Can confirm in a roundabout way. I'm by no means the world's greatest SAM but I've never not been top DPS in EW EX groups. In one run I tripled a BRD's DPS

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

Bruceski posted:

I donno, I've got everyone except cooking to 90 and I never touch the skill. There's enough overlap that there's lots of ways to go about crafting, just depends on your preference.

My current 14 step macro uses both that and Waste Not 2 for durability regeneration and I know one tier we had someone show up for savage crafting without their job quests done and they were running dungeons to get up tomestone mats lmao.

you can probably do leveling crafts without manipulation but you'll definitely want it if you want to try to make money for the first 6 hours of the new patch.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fiye posted:

My current 14 step macro uses both that and Waste Not 2 for durability regeneration and I know one tier we had someone show up for savage crafting without their job quests done and they were running dungeons to get up tomestone mats lmao.

How does one lead to the other?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ivypls posted:

gay for your own character is the goal, always

what if i'm straight for my own character :(

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

What does dripless mean? I'm 38 and not "hip" to that TikTok lingo

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Barreft posted:

Drip in this context is "fashionable, stylish" regarding clothing so the post is saying Urianger has the opposite of that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Drip is a good sense of style and fashion

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Barreft posted:

Woefully unfashionable

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Okay so fashionable and unfashionable, got it thanks

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I mean to be fair Urianger's old outfit was awful.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Kerrzhe posted:

what if i'm straight for my own character :(

sounds fake but live your best life imo

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I like the Scions' quaint old outfits, except for the twins, who never should have been dressed alike

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Me neither, but looking at it seems a slight upgrade to Waste Not II if you don't use high durability loss skills: 2 CP cheaper, and its turn isn't wasted if you hit stuff like veneration. Of course, I'd probably just get confused about how many turns I have left...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Does anyone have a picture of what the Fae Sage weapon is?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Bozja lockboxes were kind to me tonight with 2 pure white dyes and the mount. Got BLM to 76 and I am really enjoying it despite (or maybe because of) how difficult it is compared to SMN. The extra charge of triple cast, new AE rotation, and auto-enochian make a huge difference.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

FuturePastNow posted:

I like the Scions' quaint old outfits, except for the twins, who never should have been dressed alike
Isn't that literally because they couldn't afford, at the time, to budget a second model for Alisaie?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

OddObserver posted:

Of course, I'd probably just get confused about how many turns I have left...

It says on the buff in the window.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
Manipulation lets you do stuff with Waste Not and whatever skill it is that increases progress for 5 durability, to thus doink around for a surprisingly long time without your durability bar dropping at all. It's very good! Yes there are different ways to go about getting the job done, and for your average bang-it-out-to-level crafting you can get around needing it... but if you're going to be doing serious crafting, then you really should grit your teeth and do the quests.

My omnicrafter's heart wants to rant and rave about how all of you would poo poo a brick if someone turned up without combat job skills gained, so the same principle should apply if you're crafting.... but okay, okay, you are bothering no one but yourself if you don't go to the trouble. It's the principle of the thing, but I'm no one's mom and I can't make anyone do it how I did it.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Time for an LP Update! We meet a cool new character, get in a big fight, and get ready to have fun stormin' the castle.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Something I found kind of odd about the final zone of Endwalker. Or, perhaps not odd, but a little unusual, I suppose?

The introduction to the dragon planet showing them as victims of unprovoked conflict painted them in a sympathetic light. But then we seem to just ignore the dragons altogether and become friends with the race that destroyed their home world! I'm not saying we should just write the Omicrons off as evil, but it was a little unusual that we were just palling around with them. Then again, dragons are notoriously stubborn, as Heavensward showed, so I guess there's no helping them if they say no! And we do at least help curb the Omicrons' violent tendencies. Or attempt to, anyway.

They're all already dead. Just lingering memories. Doesn't much matter how you treat anything you run into in Ultima Thule.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

This is dyed Raptor Blue. The crystal and the little glowing bit at the top both take on the dye's color.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

ImpAtom posted:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thank you both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
So I'm leveling Summoner, and I'm not wrong to understand Summon Phoenix as actually a reduction to your DPS, right?

Like, in ShB, at level 79, you'd go Trance-Bahamut-Trance-Bahamut. Then, at 80, you'd go Bahamut-Phoenix-Bahamut-Phoenix.

But in the current design, your Trance just summons Bahamut at each activation from level 70 onwards, so at level 79 you're Bahamut-Bahamut-Bahamut-Bahamut. At 80, you're Bahamut-Phoenix-Bahamut-Phoenix instead. But that means you go from 1 Deathflare/minute to 1 Deathflare/2 minutes and therefore lose damage. Right?