Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Why what happened and remind me who Lee Carter is

Lee Carter was the marine turned epic dirtbag leftist Virginia state representative who recently ran for Virginia governor. At some point he came out as a survivor of domestic abuse. Sean Moorhead is now alleging that Lee is himself a serial abuser who lied about being abused to preemptively discredit any of his alleged victims. And that this was an open secret in the leftist circles in the area, which is why no local DSA chapter endorsed his reelection or gubernatorial campaigns

edit: Carter is now, via subtweets, accusing Moorhead of being a nazi for having aspergers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
lmao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Lee Carter was the marine turned epic dirtbag leftist Virginia state representative who recently ran for Virginia governor. At some point he came out as a survivor of domestic abuse. Sean Moorhead is now alleging that Lee is himself a serial abuser who lied about being abused to preemptively discredit any of his alleged victims. And that this was an open secret in the leftist circles in the area, which is why no local DSA chapter endorsed his reelection or gubernatorial campaigns

edit: Carter is now, via subtweets, accusing Moorhead of being a nazi for having aspergers.

https://twitter.com/SeanRMoorhead/status/1475306821078294534

i believe the anime avatar man imo.

either way it was also very funny that as soon as carter lost both his rep seat and lost the governor primary he immediately went in on 'electoral politics is a deadend' and 'i shall now retire to be a sheep farmer'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gripweed posted:

also the specific line of logic on this is that the guy who its named after was a nazi who turned dozens of his patients over to be murdered, and the autism/aspergers distinction was made to separate those who should and shouldnt be executed for being unproductive. however, this is only partially true. while the nazi named asperger did exist, the term was first used by dutch psychologists years after ww2. russian psychologists also used the same term with a different name due to said nazi ties, meaning that the base diagnosis was considered distinct and valuable even by people who loathed nazis enough to remove asperger's name from the roll. it is also worth noting that asperger himself was seemingly autistic.

while the term asperger's has been removed from several medical journals and is generally recommended against these days (for reasons unrelated to naziism, mostly that the distinction between it and regular autism is extremely vague and hard to define) its still in fairly widespread use both casually and among some doctors who grew up when it was more recommended. and of course, there are dozens of thousands of people who are still diagnosed as having 'asperger's' and probably will be until they die. and ofc 99% of the people diagnosed with it who have self-identified with the term for years have zero idea about its origin. so its good that a former sitting politician is saying anyone who says they have it is a nazi.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Dec 27, 2021

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

papa horny michael posted:

It's the thing where all of us on the outside of the different group chat feuds are just like... Who cares

anime girl avatar vs. troop. good people on both sides of this inscrutable feud

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Another one everyone has been subtweeting for a few years but outright talking about now is

https://twitter.com/broyoulying/status/1474999992079339521?t=XaeTgxBEjyvmNHVulUWnhQ&s=19

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Gripweed posted:

Hold on a sec....

Lmao

Ok continue

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Many have said that Christmas is a time to spend with your family and friends, but it turned out it is a time to smite your posting enemies with rumors you heard at a DSA party

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
You're telling me that a former marine with obvious emotional problems hit women??

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Another one everyone has been subtweeting for a few years but outright talking about now is

https://twitter.com/broyoulying/status/1474999992079339521?t=XaeTgxBEjyvmNHVulUWnhQ&s=19

That is a very specific age and it would not surprise me if it's because they are trying to cancel him for having sex with an adult

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I am a 22 year old boy with the rights of a man. It is incumbent upon you to protect me from the horrors of this world but also to not interact with me in any way

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Had to check if this was the Glenn thread

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

It is disgusting if a 20-something year old adult grooms a 20-something year old child

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

Had to check if this was the Glenn thread

Give it like 3 days and we'll circle back to him.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

If that guy groomed an actual kid he is bad, I guess I should mention that. Anyway please don't sing dragula

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

If that guy groomed an actual kid he is bad, I guess I should mention that. Anyway please don't sing dragula

(don't) slam a (22 year old) in the back of my dragula

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

please sing dragula

I too am a fan of Robert Zombie

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

That is a very specific age and it would not surprise me if it's because they are trying to cancel him for having sex with an adult

I interpreted the joke to mean “23 is his cut off and anyone who looks older than 22 isn’t on his radar”, which I do think of as creepy. If you’re a guy in your 30’s are you’re specifically looking to hook up with people in their teens or who literally JUST started drinking, it’s because you’re a predator or a just a loser who doesn’t have adult friends. If there’s a healthy, 3rd option for that kind of behavior I don’t know what it is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i realize we live on the internet now but you can make jokes about someone chasing girls barely over 18 without it being an accusation of them literally being a pedophile who should be fired from their job. like there's middle ground between 'lol that guy only fucks co-eds' and 'i think you are jeffrey epstein'

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Gripweed posted:

so wait him being a domestic abuser was an open secret but they just covered it up for some reason and are now using it as ammo to snipe at each other on twitter? very cool stuff

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

It's good to be DSA, a Vanguard Party where everybody has agoraphobia

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

mistermojo posted:

so wait him being a domestic abuser was an open secret but they just covered it up for some reason and are now using it as ammo to snipe at each other on twitter? very cool stuff

leftist twitter in a nutshell

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Endorph posted:

i realize we live on the internet now but you can make jokes about someone chasing girls barely over 18 without it being an accusation of them literally being a pedophile who should be fired from their job. like there's middle ground between 'lol that guy only fucks co-eds' and 'i think you are jeffrey epstein'

what's ephebophilia but for the age of the average centerfold

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/bureaucatliu/status/1475192106285027329?t=K4M0k_InXRxNAkVPvTi7vw&s=19

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Endorph posted:

It's funnier to dunk on rob since his jobs seems to be reading tweets on twitch to double digit view counts

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It's the thing where all of us on the outside of the different group chat feuds are just like... Who cares

https://twitter.com/CarlBeijer/status/1475318160408592385?t=XlnQbEFdTd2asz19sirOuA&s=19

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Jabronie posted:

It's funnier to dunk on rob since his jobs seems to be reading tweets on twitch to double digit view counts

You mean I could be getting paid twitch money to do that?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
calling someone a nazi for being on the spectrum is a really good bit.

"You know who else was emotionless and had trouble relating with people??? THE FRICKIN SS"

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

thank you autistic weeb for respecting women so much by treating domestic violence with the seriousness it deserves: to own your posting enemies online

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

You mean I could be getting paid twitch money to do that?

Hasan just watches youtube videos from what I've gathered.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Groovelord Neato posted:

Hasan just watches youtube videos from what I've gathered.

You’re missing the part where he works out for three hours a day and is super hunky

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

calling someone a nazi for being on the spectrum is a really good bit.

"You know who else was emotionless and had trouble relating with people??? THE FRICKIN SS"
they did also like putting people in small, dark spaces

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Funniest outcome is Lee Carter wins a six figure judgment against the anime person in a defamation suit.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The dead Lenin Hingepoints episode was interesting. I don't know that I agree entirely with their premise that no Soviet Union would've helped left causes in the US though.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

The Kingfish posted:

Funniest outcome is Lee Carter wins a six figure judgment against the anime person in a defamation suit.

Especially hope this happens since he set up a gofundme to pay for Carter's legal fees

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

net work error posted:

The dead Lenin Hingepoints episode was interesting. I don't know that I agree entirely with their premise that no Soviet Union would've helped left causes in the US though.

it's a dumb premise and incredibly wrong

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Well I'm sure they were really able to hash it out and posit contrasting yet complementary viewpoints that strengthens their case

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

net work error posted:

I assume the thinking is that without a USSR, there is not a Red Scare in 1919 and a crackdown on leftist groups?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Most of the thinking was that it only managing to happen in one country then and there ended the internationalist aspect of things for everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

I assume the thinking is that without a USSR, there is not a Red Scare in 1919 and a crackdown on leftist groups?

That's the argument Matt presents and maybe that would have happened in the alt timeline but probably not.