Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Chillgamesh posted:

Also entering God Bard Mode every 2 minutes where you have Raging Strikes + Radiant Finale + Battle Voice up and are spamming Pitch Perfects rules

And then you reflexively refresh your dots the moment those buffs wear off. We parsed my EX1 fights yesterday, 1:20 of clipped dots per minute. Definitely something I need to improve on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Bruceski posted:

I'm kinda torn on it because ShB dot management was definitely something I engaged with, but I always said "this is annoying" when doing so. I'd hate to see it go away completely but I definitely like not losing so dang much when it goes wrong.

I feel like a solution would be that songs have a chance to proc 40% on server tick, and 40% on dot tick (once). So mastery still involves dot management, but it’s far less integral and as long as you have a song going you’ll still get a reasonable number of procs.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

-Titan effect increased 4x in size
-Titan effect increased 4x in brightness

https://twitter.com/CubedOranges/status/1474617506862043137?s=20

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I saw that recruiting but I'm bad at tower and would have felt bad if I kept dying because I'm bad AND because I can't see poo poo.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Leraika posted:

I saw that recruiting but I'm bad at tower and would have felt bad if I kept dying because I'm bad AND because I can't see poo poo.

But did you consider that 23 other people would have raise spells?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Lord_Magmar posted:

I feel like a solution would be that songs have a chance to proc 40% on server tick, and 40% on dot tick (once). So mastery still involves dot management, but it’s far less integral and as long as you have a song going you’ll still get a reasonable number of procs.

two 40% chances is less than 80%, fyi

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Something I grew to appreciate after running it a bunch for gear is the 83EX trial having the music sync up really well to the big flourish after you survive the add phase with Fancydan somewhat out of breath and shocked you managed to live.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I dont remember if this was posted, but Soken tweeted a wonderful bit of trivia yesterday about Flow. The first tweet has a spoilery pic, but the gist of the first is the song was recorded once fine and then (She being Amanda Achen)

https://twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/status/1474825764235522048?t=a1mHfK3bZ3H1pncyC4GOSQ&s=19

I would love if someone did an interview with her

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Thinking about maybe picking up Endwalker. How are the login wait times these days?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh no the Riker got me

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lord_Magmar posted:

The thing is, it wasn't dot management on most fights really. It was an iron jaw exactly every X amount of gcds. There was never ever a choice of whether or not you needed your dots on the boss over any other button except in 1 or 2 boss jump aways in all of savage and even then those are mitigated by just adjusting where the iron jaws was in your rotation. In most situations it was something you never ever considered so now while dots have no bearing outside of damage their upkeep is exactly the same AND your core class actions are are tied directly into the core thematic element of the class (Bard songs) and less prone to gently caress you over in one direction or another.

There's no real benefit for sticking with attaching them to the dots other than 'Well that's how it's been since HW".

Tbh I'm shocked brd didn't get a more extensive overhaul like summoner because much like summoner demphasizing it's dots to trend to something closer to its classic ff job fantasy this is a clear step to doing the same thing but with bard.

Also your math is real bad.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 27, 2021

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Thinking about maybe picking up Endwalker. How are the login wait times these days?

Queues have really calmed down lately but people are probably hanging out with family and stuff over the Holiday and gaming less. It'll probably get a little worse in January when the Savage raid comes out but I'm pretty sure the worst of it is over since a lot of people have finished the 6.0 MSQ by now.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
They've been pretty reasonable the last couple of days, but it's holiday time. They were maybe in the 1.9ks-2ks on Faerie before the 23rd.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Pretty good on small EU server. Tens of people on queue on primetime today.

But if you don't have bought account:

urnotgttngin :mad:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Whizzing Wizard posted:

A lot better!

As long as you're not trying to get on like right at 5pm eastern time, there's either no queue at all or a pretty short one.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

The final decline in queue is when the month people bought with the xpac + 21 days they were comped expire

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

all this BRD talk is fine but let's talk about the real issues, which is that reaper's enshroud attack animations last slightly longer than 1 GCD and it drives me nuts

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

all this BRD talk is fine but let's talk about the real issues, which is that reaper's enshroud attack animations last slightly longer than 1 GCD and it drives me nuts

I tried out Reaper for the first time last night and that class is loving weird. It's melee dancer where all its actions have an aoe equivalent

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

pulling it back to Bard talk immediately I noticed while loving around in gpose that Sidewinder actually has the sickest animation where you loose the arrow and then hold your hand up and snap your fingers as soon as the damage registers

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

pulling it back to Bard talk immediately I noticed while loving around in gpose that Sidewinder actually has the sickest animation where you loose the arrow and then hold your hand up and snap your fingers as soon as the damage registers

yes sidewinder also has the tornado kick/elixir field problem, which were the first abilities where I noticed that they actually look really cool but you never get to see them because they're oGCDs

e: or at least they used to be

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Potsticker posted:

two 40% chances is less than 80%, fyi

This very much depends on what the desired outcome is!

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I am aware two 40% chances are not 80% chance. I was more just offering a way to keep the new functionality of Bard Songs from EW (proc chance by default) and ShB (DoTs do procs). As a class design thought process for how to synergise both versions into something that still works nicely if you aren’t dotting, but encourages good play with better rewards.

I think having parts of kits interact can be fun and rewarding, the changes made to DoTs for bard seemed to disappoint people but the functionality of songs being changed was a great quality of life so I was more thinking how both could be combined.

I realise now that this is a somewhat redundant and repetitive post so to actually say something different. The chances could be tweaked to whatever was desired. The goal would simply be that there’s a part of the class to express mastery without making the class uncomfortable to use casually.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Dec 27, 2021

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I tried out Reaper for the first time last night and that class is loving weird. It's melee dancer where all its actions have an aoe equivalent

*leans forward* oh really

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Deathlove posted:

*leans forward* oh really

It's got a 2 button aoe combo and aoe debuff applied an aoe version of its basic Reaper hit and its Reaper buff gcd.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Regarding parses, in order to get the best rankings on fflogs you also need to end the fight during a burst part of your rotation. Ending the fight right before hypercharge/wildfire, Inner Release, or a Ten Chi Jin window for example can easily be the difference between a purple and orange parse, let alone pink. The players who farm parses with the explicit purpose of getting the 100th percentile do so with groups that intentionally sandbag to let players finish in their burst phase (as well as add padding).

There's a lot of parse parties right now because endgame is pretty easy at the moment so there isn't much to do while waiting for the Savage raids to drop. At the same time, lots of recruiting will be looking at logs so it's a good idea to put your best foot forward.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I have an fflogs account and use ACT regularly but I don't even know what all the different color parses mean and how to even check.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I forgot about the prog raid culture that basically makes it like a job interview lol

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
The lalafell march is good.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
lalastruttin' at the end of 3.3 to let the trial boss know it's fuuuuucked

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

It's got a 2 button aoe combo and aoe debuff applied an aoe version of its basic Reaper hit and its Reaper buff gcd.

Oh, I wasn't trying to be snarky, I main DNC and have been thinking of what I want to mess around with next and people do be liking that Reaper, and if it's similar, all the better!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I was gonna look myself up on fflogs for curiosity's sake because I am sure I'm real bad, but on there my character is still showing up as being on Lamia and has zero stats available, when I transferred to Excal well over a month ago to join a goon FC.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Deathlove posted:

Oh, I wasn't trying to be snarky, I main DNC and have been thinking of what I want to mess around with next and people do be liking that Reaper, and if it's similar, all the better!

I play DNC and have been dabbling in RPR and I essentially have my single target/aoe rotations mapped out the same and it's pretty easy to bounce back and forth between the two. Beyond that though it's pretty different imo but I haven't leveled RPR up to 90 yet so not sure if it changes much.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've been playing BRD since HW and it's in a really, really good place right now. Like, I kind of hated a lot of these changes on paper (and fishing for a Shadowbite proc for Barrage in AoE is honestly pretty terrible, I will say), but now that I've got it to 90 I'm definitely going to switch back to it for raiding after being forced to go MCH after E8S.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Queue times will probably spike tomorrow as everyone gets their weekly raid loot

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bruceski posted:

she can't play the job she wants because it's not good right now

In what universe? It's beating MCH and DNC soundly at 95th/99th percentile for rDPS.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

The thing is, it wasn't dot management on most fights really. It was an iron jaw exactly every X amount of gcds. There was never ever a choice of whether or not you needed your dots on the boss over any other button except in 1 or 2 boss jump aways in all of savage and even then those are mitigated by just adjusting where the iron jaws was in your rotation. In most situations it was something you never ever considered so now while dots have no bearing outside of damage their upkeep is exactly the same AND your core class actions are are tied directly into the core thematic element of the class (Bard songs) and less prone to gently caress you over in one direction or another.

There's no real benefit for sticking with attaching them to the dots other than 'Well that's how it's been since HW".

you are absolutely wrong about all of this ftr

and heres my bona fides

and ill give you an itemized list

1): it is actually factually impossible to "iron jaws exactly every x gcds" because of the interaction with refulgent arrow
2): iron jaws has variable value based on what raid buffs were available in each moment, even outside your own natural burst (which also didnt align since it was 80s)
3): you are ignoring that they also just tied the changes to songs in a bad way, like the fact that songs now cant proc proc in the last 3 seconds period. ever. so every song now has lost a proc overall even if we decide a smaller range of procs is better (and thats not a value neutral statement so we cant decide that freely)
4): things like three bloodletter charges literally do not make sense in a world where you can only proc a maximum of twice in 3 seconds (and its even worse considering they nerfed ballad so 2 procs is only 1 bloodletter).

theres plenty of good reason to not have made these changes, like uhhhh, its currently an active and engaging class, theres no reason we need or should want to deemphasize dots from it unless you just hate hate hate dots which is dumb and irrational, and also the things people want from the class are to just be in line with the other classes. they explicitly didnt do that because "in return" for being affected by our own buffs now, a thing every other class gets for loving free, they made us worse in other spots. that sucks rear end and is gonna drive people away from it (including me, i dropped it once it hit 90 lol) and thats a much easier thing to fix that would only make people happy. theyve outright admitted "we dont know what to do with this" so im not sure why you think the changes they made at the same time they said that are incredibly bespoke and people just "dont get it". they suck rear end because theyve got a weird hangup about bard, and the solution is to ditch the hangup, not this nonsense theyre currently doing.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kyrosiris posted:

In what universe? It's beating MCH and DNC soundly at 95th/99th percentile for rDPS.

She wants to be a dancer

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

unfortunately i think they do just hate dots. but at that point just remove them from the game completely.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have conflicting feelings about dots. On the one hand, I don't really like them in most games (though dot specs in GW2 can be pretty fun) and I think a lot of the time they feel like they're tacked on just to give you something else to keep track of. On the other, while leveling Reaper I keep feeling like Death's Design would "feel better" as a dot than just a damage buff. Maybe I like maintenance buffs/debuffs even less than I like dots.

And on the other other hand I don't mind maintaining Dancer's damage buff but that also feels better because it's more interactive, comes with a high-potency attack, and I get to give it to someone else, too.

Side note I've been leveling Dancer and I like it so much more than I thought I would. What a fun job that one is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009