Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

meet girls at the store posted:

I’m dumb, I’ve seen it posted multiple times but I’m not getting how this is supposed to gently caress up work from home

i guess the idea is that the boss will now cite cdc guidance saying covid is no big deal and you can get back to work right away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Arivia posted:

Apparently the other finalist for Doggett was Bruce Campbell, that would have been a trip

Oh my God.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

yea it's basically get back in the office or it's a voluntary quit

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Arivia posted:

Apparently the other finalist for Doggett was Bruce Campbell, that would have been a trip

bruce campbell is one of those actors that should be in everything. like christopher walken.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

lol I just searched for "proper mask wearing guide" on google and proceeded to get very, very sad.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I can't wait for a spate of new articles about how rich people have to do their own chores because The Help is busy dying of the plague

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lacrosse posted:

I can't wait for a spate of new articles about how rich people have to do their own chores because The Help is busy dying of the plague

don't worry - that 2017 New Yorker article someone posted last night mentioned that the uber-rich have already planned to bring both the pilots of their private aircrafts *and* the pilot's families along into their survival bunkers so that the pilots don't desert or kill them

no dad im not gay!
Jan 30, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

the top halo strap should go on top of the head, hence the name. They are probably wearing it thinking it goes around the back like the strap on an N95.

Yuppp, that is the issue.

Google Butt posted:

I've never had this issue, almost assuredly user error or the wrong size respirator. What model?

It’s the GVS SPR643 with the closed valve, sized small/medium. Had them send pics and they were wearing the halo strap over the arm of their glasses, behind the ear.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDeMfL8Ib9A

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

McNugget Buddy posted:

don't worry - that 2017 New Yorker article someone posted last night mentioned that the uber-rich have already planned to bring both the pilots of their private aircrafts *and* the pilot's families along into their survival bunkers so that the pilots don't desert or kill them

take hostages is step 3 of my plan for business success if you're interested in my seminars

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

no dad im not gay! posted:

Trying to convince my partner to join respirator crew. They don’t like my P100 because the upper straps grab onto their ears. With that in mind what respirator do y’all recommend? tia

Which respirator do you have?

The HF-800SD (Secure Click) and 7500 series straps run closer to the tops of my ears than the straps on the 6500 series and the 6100/6200/6300.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Google Butt posted:

yea it's basically get back in the office or it's a voluntary quit

I feel hyper turbo blessed at this point that my job is 100% work from home

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lacrosse posted:

"for one ordinary martha's vineyard mom, working from home was supposed to be a relief. that was until she was unable to find cleaners and nannies that aren't covid positive"

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spoondick posted:

take hostages is step 3 of my plan for business success if you're interested in my seminars

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/01/30/doomsday-prep-for-the-super-rich

quote:

Some survivalists disparage Hall for creating an exclusive refuge for the wealthy and have threatened to seize his bunker in a crisis. Hall waved away this possibility when I raised it with him over dinner. “You can send all the bullets you want into this place.” If necessary, his guards would return fire, he said. “We’ve got a sniper post.”

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
It's weird how the rich don't really get that the whole concept of wealth relies on the existence of society.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Paradoxish posted:

It's weird how the rich don't really get that the whole concept of wealth relies on the existence of society.

they've been told their entire lives that the very existence of society relies on them being rich and in charge

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Korean Boomhauer posted:

lol that joe biden did the irl version of saying 'gg' and going afk in spawn

That’s unfair.

At least someone AFK in spawn draws fire.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

triple sulk posted:

quote this post if you didn't vote for joe biden

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paradoxish posted:

their idea according to that article is to create gated colonies for the rich/their help in the middle of nowhere (guy in the article built his in Kansas)

so everything outside would be relics/slums, and the help would be rewarded with shelter/protection

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Egg Moron posted:

I will never vote

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Lacrosse posted:

There's an article on CNN about the housing market during the next wave of pandemic if you're into that, landlords will be vulturing that poo poo hard once it crashes too.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Virgil Vox posted:

full dose then bust

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/ENirenberg/status/1474581078002356227

quote:

68 Seven Ag-RDTs were used: I) Panbio COVID-19 Ag Rapid test device (Abbott); II) Standard
69 Q COVID-19 Ag (SD Biosensor/Roche); III) Sure Status (Premier Medical Corporation), the
70 three latter being WHO-EUL approved and thus of high global public health relevance,18 IV)
71 2019-nCoV Antigen test (Wondfo); V) Beijng Tigsun Diagnostics Co. Ltd (Tigsun); VI) Onsite
72 COVID-19 Ag Rapid Test (CTK Biotech); VII) ACON biotech (Flowflex), several of them
73 being on the waiting list for WHO-EUL approval.

LMAO good thing that PCR testing isn’t overwhelmed and people aren’t treating antigen tests (when they can get them) like gospel.

Where’s my loving variant of high consequence designation, Walensky?

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

McNugget Buddy posted:

their idea according to that article is to create gated colonies for the rich/their help in the middle of nowhere (guy in the article built his in Kansas)

so everything outside would be relics/slums, and the help would be rewarded with shelter/protection

i wish them well when the help decides that, actually, putting all the bosses in a ditch means fewer mouths to feed and far less bullshit to put up with

I don’t imagine it’ll take them long

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

McNugget Buddy posted:

WHO RUN APPLETOWN

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
on a whim, checked the 'Covid 19 Updates' section on the website of the newspaper for the rural town i once lived in in Japan, and the latest articles is a single paragraph that says this is their 26th consecutive day without any new cases

good job on turning this thing around guys, shame/sorry about the incoming omicron wave :smith:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Rhesus Pieces posted:

well there we go

the cdc cut the quarantine period in half because the airline industry loving told them to

"hey, ten days of isolation is bad for business, how does five sound?" "done!"

science!
https://twitter.com/joebiden/status/1350210150481555457
https://twitter.com/potus/status/1385232169468055561

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

SpaceDrake posted:

I feel hyper turbo blessed at this point that my job is 100% work from home

hire me

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

owns

also lol we'll have 2022 and 2023 versions of this

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

McNugget Buddy posted:

Right. What they don't seem to understand is that government and law enforcement essentially exist to protect their interests. The rich are deader than dead once those protections go away, because offering "shelter/protection" is meaningless when it comes from your own enforcers.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

if anyone is hiring a fairly decent computer janitor let me know i would like to stay at home thank u

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Google Butt posted:

if anyone is hiring a fairly decent computer janitor let me know i would like to stay at home thank u

how much log4j are you willing to do

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So basically the rich will have gaudy, modern versions of castles to keep out the poor

But yeah they won't have enough security to fend off giant mobs, and they won't actually rule the land beyond their 50 acres in Bumfuck, Nowhere

Actual billionaires like the Waltons won't stick around and will relocate internationally - unless they try and stage a coup and declare themselves royalty, which is possible

Then we get this fucker as our new King

Goobish
May 31, 2011

What loving science!? Just tell me!!!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Paradoxish posted:

Right. What they don't seem to understand is that government and law enforcement essentially exist to protect their interests. The rich are deader than dead once those protections go away, because offering "shelter/protection" is meaningless when it comes from your own enforcers.

See also: the U.S. withdrawing from all those international treaties and institutions

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Google Butt posted:

Umm, everyone? Do you not have Linkedin? It's insane out there. Recruiters are offering to split the recruiting fee they get with you. I've never seen it like this.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Paradoxish posted:

in one corner, a dozen doughy techbros with a nine figure combined net worth

in the other, two dudes who did wetwork for the CIA in Serbia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metric Skeleton
Apr 6, 2006
NEVER

triple sulk posted:

quote this post if you didn't vote for joe biden