Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

The Saddest Rhino posted:

based on what i've been seeing, this one is the new live laugh love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOicYu3qdDE

Holy poo poo the end product lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
I was like oh she's gonna sand that down right

Nope. Behold my dried cum coffeetable

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

It's fine to simultaneously say "that's cool" and "except that one of the Pauls did it"

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Fishstick posted:

I was like oh she's gonna sand that down right

Nope. Behold my dried cum coffeetable

Yeah I figured they were gonna do something with the table or attach something, nope just a sealing foam coffee table.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

There's something to be said for preserving old works in the mediums they were designed to be interacted with. You can emulate most Gameboy games (important to remember it's not all) but that isn't the platform they were developed to be played on.

The table doesn't really matter, but the overall attitude that old media and tech is absolutely disposable isn't great. No, being able to play the Gameboy color port of Fester's Quest isn't important to society, but preservation efforts are a good thing.

Except he's not disposing of the gameboys, he's made them into a table.

Let's not pretend game boys are some rare commodity, they made ~120 million of them.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah I figured they were gonna do something with the table or attach something, nope just a sealing foam coffee table.

This sort of stuff always makes me feel like there's some angle being worked that I just can't quite make out.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://twitter.com/ThoughtSlime/status/1475606954311626754?s=20

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

based on what i've been seeing, this one is the new live laugh love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOicYu3qdDE
This is the second worst foam related video I've ever seen.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

who the gently caress are the two likes on that tweet

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Memento posted:

who the gently caress are the two likes on that tweet

Kellogg's execs

or possibly time-shifted Pinkertons

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Chloe Jessica posted:

or possibly time-shifted Pinkertons

I regret to inform you that Pinkerton still exists as a division of Securitas AB

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean, yes it's a slur, that's the loving point. It's supposed to be a lovely loving thing to be called because it's a lovely loving thing to be.

Jesus wept.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
scab is not a slur because it refers to something you do, not something you are

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Re:the gameboy table-kind of annoying but given the durability of gameboys they’ll probably still work when you break them out.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Chloe Jessica posted:

scab is not a slur because it refers to something you do, not something you are

It's both. A scab scabs.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I found out about those foam DIY furniture from this video which also showcased a few more terrible decor ideas including making a completely tiled side table (to break your floor with its weight presumably), acrylic coffee tables and one of the most pointless things i've seen, a "pot filler"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEQZycMDXH4

"I get what you're going for with spraying furniture with foam... but ultimately, you're going to end up with furniture you sprayed with foam."

the last bit of this video also talks about what may be the new trend of Live Love Laugh which is #girlboss and #hustlebro decor and they are equally as horrific

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7iHcQbmCFU

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It's both. A scab scabs.

but if a scab stops scabbing they are no longer a scab

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
If you scab once you are a scab forever :colbert:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I found out about those foam DIY furniture from this video which also showcased a few more terrible decor ideas including making a completely tiled side table (to break your floor with its weight presumably), acrylic coffee tables and one of the most pointless things i've seen, a "pot filler"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEQZycMDXH4

"I get what you're going for with spraying furniture with foam... but ultimately, you're going to end up with furniture you sprayed with foam."

the last bit of this video also talks about what may be the new trend of Live Love Laugh which is #girlboss and #hustlebro decor and they are equally as horrific

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7iHcQbmCFU

I'm gonna start a channel where I mod furniture by covering it in the worst materials I can think of. Check out this cool coffee table I hotglued hundreds of glass shards to! Looking forward to revolutionizing the world of interior design

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 13:23 on Dec 28, 2021

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
If a scab stops scabbing there's fresh skin underneath

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Shai-Hulud posted:

If you scab once you are a scab forever :colbert:

It's never too late to join a union

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A man telling me about terrible interior design while sitting next to a horrific 1970's sideboard.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Ambitious Spider posted:

Re:the gameboy table-kind of annoying but given the durability of gameboys they’ll probably still work when you break them out.

you see a coffee table, but I see a loot box

the roving gang of post-apocalyptic wasteland psychopaths that eventually raid the house after poo poo goes Mad Max will be absolutely delighted

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

The Logan Paul Gameboy table doesn't even look nice

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Data Graham posted:

When it's dark, and especially when it's raining and the roads are full of reflections, I cannot for the life of me see the lane markings. They are far dimmer than any of the reflected lights, and the only way I can glimpse them at all is if I veer slightly to one side and can see that some of the barely-visible yellow or white parts are moving differently than the blindingly white reflected lights.

organburner posted:

I have sort of the same thing, I think some people are just more sensitive to light. This means I can walk around without a light when it's real dark outside, but I hate driving in the dark because all the lights are just blinding to me.

few pages back, but you both have mild astigmatism, it's common and a pain in the rear end but it's nothing to worry about.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Astigma balls

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh well then that tracks, eye doctors always told me I have astigmatism but I never knew what that translated to in real-world effects. I always just assumed it meant “things blurry”

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Data Graham posted:

Oh well then that tracks, eye doctors always told me I have astigmatism but I never knew what that translated to in real-world effects. I always just assumed it meant “things blurry”

As a comrade astigmatic-haver, the blurriness is easily solved with glasses/contacts. It's lights and poo poo that gently caress you. So much as the loving moon at night, I get double vision with my glasses on. Two moons.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Kit Walker posted:

I'm gonna start a channel where I mod furniture by covering it in the worst materials I can think of. Check out this cool coffee table I hotglued hundreds of glass shards to! Looking forward to revolutionizing the world of interior design

I would subscribe to your weird art channel.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I saw an art installation as a kid where a guy was carving big blocks of furniture foam into furniture itself, and then coating it in neon colored caulking to give it sort of sculpted muppet-fur fluffy look. Entire rooms with every detail made out like it was from another dimension. Cool stuff, and it was a working exhibition so you could see him making the pieces on site if you were there at the right time. Wish I could find pics of it, but this was like 35 years ago. Guy could be dead by now.

Stank to high hell though, that caulking smell of ammonia and beach at low-tide.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

AceClown posted:

few pages back, but you both have mild astigmatism, it's common and a pain in the rear end but it's nothing to worry about.

Wait Astigmatisms make the roads wet?

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Aramoro posted:

Wait Astigmatisms make the roads wet?

Yes. It adds lots of visual effects. Cool light streaks, reflecting water, volumetric fog.

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004
Gonna encase my old Compaq Presario and a copy of Syndicate Wars in resin. It's really gonna tie the whole dining room together.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
printed my best posts off to laminate then encase in resin, can at least make a techdeck

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

lobsterminator posted:

Yes. It adds lots of visual effects. Cool light streaks, reflecting water, volumetric fog.

If I don't wear glasses my draw distance doesn't even extend a block, I can't drive worth a drat.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Brawnfire posted:

If I don't wear glasses my draw distance doesn't even extend a block, I can't drive worth a drat.

I also live in Vvardenfell

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

lobsterminator posted:

Can I give my Video Card astigmatism to save on processing load?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Behold, the worst take on the Pauls’ new table:

https://twitter.com/xjust9x/status/1475528222297272322?s=21

That’s Nelson Piquet with the car he won the 1987 world championship with.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
That's not a video game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

TinTower posted:

That’s Nelson Piquet with the car he won the 1987 world championship with.
What is that, some kind of sportsball game? gently caress off, jock.