Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

do professors get paid if they have tenure and are on sabbaticals?

i mean, jorp is a loving multi-millionaire, so even his impressive $180k/yr salary is peanuts at this point, but i'd rather the good citizens of canada not continue proving him income

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr
Jordan Peterson seems like the kind of guy who

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/792499671868596224

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr
https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1106311784267427840?s=20

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

SJW? Seems more like the act of a strong lobster dominating a weak shrimp. That’s just the natural hierarchy isn’t it?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1474595549177434117?t=L0ELtwle6X4uLcy5t0zB1g&s=19

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:pray:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

A totally cool and normal thing to post on Christmas Eve

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

What if it was an experimental and very dangerous procedure involving an induced coma, instead?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
lol, a reply to that tweet

https://twitter.com/raincoaster/status/1474622095682424833

I still don't know who this guy is but he seems like a real twat.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

For all the critiques one can throw at Trudeau, and one should, he does have one hell of a right hook. Jorp wouldn't stand a chance.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

love the lobsters in that thread defending jorp by saying 'look, get your house in PERFECT order doesn't mean it should actually have to be PERFECT!"

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

I'm starting to feel like this thread has lost its pizzazz, because Jorp is making dunking on Jorp way too loving easy recently.

(Not that I'm complaining, actually.)

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/ro7j9u/aita_for_being_mad_at_a_awful_gift_husband_gave_me/

lobster husband buys wife jorp's lovely book for christmas :lol:

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Sort by controversial and witness the horde of the Jorp Army descend upon the OP and demand gish gallops to prove Peterson is a misogynist/transphobe.

My favorites before I got a headache and decided to post here are: the dude who writes 200 words to akkshually the phrase "feminine is chaos." (The explanation is that women hold the power in sexual dynamics because women can pick and choose men and therefore are always judging men? As if men aren't 24/7 judging women.); and the post lol'ing criticism of Jorp's benzo escapade because heroin is worse.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

to be fair if you do the opposite, it turns into a wonderful jorp own-zone.
Highly entertaining.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

I'm starting to feel like this thread has lost its pizzazz, because Jorp is making dunking on Jorp way too loving easy recently.

(Not that I'm complaining, actually.)

I'm not sure it was ever particularly difficult?

Poodlebear
Aug 24, 2006

but if y'all put
feathers on a dog
that don't make it
no chicken
if somebody gave me 12 rules as a gift I would literally kill them and then myself so I wouldn’t have to spend the rest of my life in prison :fuckoff:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
My favorite in that thread is someone pressing a Jorp fan about how he's actually right-wing and not left-wing, and the Jorp fan finally just responds "i'm sorry, i have a high school education. i'm an autodidact, and know some, but what you are asking is above my head."

Jorp fans, everyone.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
As a general rule, if someone telling you to clean your room had a big effect on your life, you aren't in a position to tell anyone anything. If someone asks you if the sky is blue, you should sit it out and let someone else answer.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I, an autodidact, have learned everything I know from JORP.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
My room is messy and my life is more put together than any Peterson fan

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Poodlebear posted:

if somebody gave me 12 rules as a gift I would literally kill them and then myself so I wouldn’t have to spend the rest of my life in prison :fuckoff:

Pft, that's letting them off way too easy.

If someone got me 12 rules as a gift I'd make them read it. :twisted:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Pft, that's letting them off way too easy.

If someone got me 12 rules as a gift I'd make them read it. :twisted:

Yeah, if you’re bringing the kid gloves

Make them read Maps of Meaning if you want the expert level retribution

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
On Jorp being a misogynist:

lmfao

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Pennywise the Frown posted:

he's a rapper

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Does this guy have any sane viewpoints or it all lobster hierarchy poo poo?

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
The lobster hierarchy poo poo isn’t even accurate from what I’ve read so :shrug:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The actual 12 rules in 12 rules are reasonable self-help 101 advice, like "give people the benefit of the doubt," "let kids be kids," "enjoy the small pleasures in life" and such.

Not that those are Jorp's views, he clearly stole them from somewhere else; the actual chapter text of "assume the person you're talking to knows something you don't" is one long rant about how one of his clients is a dumb drunk bitch with no prospects who's wasting his time because she'll never get better, and the "be precise in your speech" chapter would work if it was a deliberate example of what not to do and like a quarter as long.

Poodlebear
Aug 24, 2006

but if y'all put
feathers on a dog
that don't make it
no chicken

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

Problem is anybody describing jorp’s “sane viewpoints” cannot be trusted. So basically no

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Protocol7 posted:

My favorite in that thread is someone pressing a Jorp fan about how he's actually right-wing and not left-wing, and the Jorp fan finally just responds "i'm sorry, i have a high school education. i'm an autodidact, and know some, but what you are asking is above my head."

Jorp fans, everyone.

IDK, they rarely have that level of self awareness. Especially if it involves admitting they don't know something. Check for him in a year /r/enoughpetersonspam, maybe he'll have broken free.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Protocol7 posted:

The lobster hierarchy poo poo isn’t even accurate from what I’ve read so :shrug:

any time a psychologist tries to assign animal hierarchies to humans it always turns out to be wrong and not applicable to humans anyway but props to jorp for basing his worldview on sea cockroaches

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean, I will vouch for certain animal hierarchies, like those of the elephant or the orca. Those are actually reasonably established but for some reason Jorp and his ilk will always pass them by. They're matriarchal.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

The explanation is that women hold the power in sexual dynamics because women can pick and choose men and therefore are always judging men? As if men aren't 24/7 judging women.)

Maybe I only know virile alpha males, but if a guy is so desperate that he has no options, frminism isn't the problem.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The actual 12 rules in 12 rules are reasonable self-help 101 advice, like "give people the benefit of the doubt," "let kids be kids," "enjoy the small pleasures in life" and such.

Not that those are Jorp's views, he clearly stole them from somewhere else; the actual chapter text of "assume the person you're talking to knows something you don't" is one long rant about how one of his clients is a dumb drunk bitch with no prospects who's wasting his time because she'll never get better, and the "be precise in your speech" chapter would work if it was a deliberate example of what not to do and like a quarter as long.

the bits of insanity in them is pure Jorp tho. Field goal kicking toddlers, tasting his grandma's pubes, women be doing things, classic Jorp

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

I heard some clip of him bashing incels to their faces recently which was pretty funny. He's still an idiot though.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I heard some clip of him bashing incels to their faces recently which was pretty funny. He's still an idiot though.

Oof he's gotta be careful biting the hand that feeds him benzos

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Robo Reagan posted:

props to jorp for basing his worldview on sea cockroaches

delicious sea cockroaches

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i don't know if i should be shocked or not, but turns out jorp supports conversion therapy

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Mr Interweb posted:

i don't know if i should be shocked or not, but turns out jorp supports conversion therapy

It's be shocked if he didn't perform conversion therapy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Does Jorp come into Toronto regularly anymore, or is he permanently out in 'Sauga? An estranged friend said they used to serve him and his wife at a downtown butcher shop a couple of years ago, but I honestly can't see the man getting out of his car in this city without being relentlessly heckled and, hopefully, punched in the face.