Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idc about VF, when is the next DOA with VF characters in it so I can care about DOA again?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Captain Baal posted:

Idc about VF, when is the next DOA with VF characters in it so I can care about DOA again?

doa is dead and buried after how hard 6 cratered

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I'll buy Extreme Volleyball 4 or whatever if means DOA7.

Put Ryza in it, that'll sell.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

*guy whos been on sa for 21 years* heh, goons, am i right?

Once you've been around for a while, you realize that indeed "heh, goons".

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'll buy Extreme Volleyball 4 or whatever if means DOA7.

Put Ryza in it, that'll sell.

i mean id be happy with DOA5 being remastered or with rollback

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Hell yeah, Sega please fulfill the following wish list for VF6:

- give Kage even more gimmicky guard breaks, specials, and catch throws for me to trot out randomly and occasionally ring myself out with
- end of list

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i mean id be happy with DOA5 being remastered or with rollback

that too

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I just want Nicole back in my Dead or Alive games. Please, microsoft...

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
idgaf about no Trojans or horses, but the part about no steam release makes me sad because I'm pc only for my fighty games. No virtua fights for me.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

brainSnakes posted:

idgaf about no Trojans or horses, but the part about no steam release makes me sad because I'm pc only for my fighty games. No virtua fights for me.

There's always Yakuza games. :sun:

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(

brainSnakes posted:

You can play online using the rpcs3 emulator now. You gotta find another person willing to set up the emulator, but it works pretty well.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The gist of the interview is that VFUS was made on the cheap with no expectations of profitability and with as low a barrier to entry as possible (ie free at launch) so that they could precisely gauge whether people still give a poo poo about VF, and it got a better response than expected, so it seems likely that they'll make a new one.

It also means that stuff like crossplay and rollback probably won't come to VFUS because it's an old game and old games aren't budgeted like that, which sucks but at least they're not oblivious to or denying the importance of that stuff like all the other Japanese devs did forever.

As someone who came fully into the VF fold thanks to that freebie I couldn't be happier. Has anyone jumped online much since it released? I checked in a month or so ago but couldn't seem to get a ranked match. Dunno if that was a fluke. I'm guessing yes since they're talking about numbers like this.

And on the rollback front, anyone care to guess what the likelihood of Granblue getting it would be? Every time I see that game it loving calls to me. Now that its price dropped I'm tempted again.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

at this point hoping for granblue rollback would be extremely optimistic. they haven't made any moves towards adding it to any of their 3d engine games (strive aside) and granblue is mainly controlled by a different company. compare p4au, which is on basically the exact same engine as the two blazblue games they're adding rollback to; for which there is no promise of rollback because it's atlus's call.

i hope for rollback to come to the 3d games eventually but there's no sign it's something they're progressing towards and outside xrd there's the additional barrier of the other companies involved which tend to have no interest in rollback net code.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
The odds of Granblue getting rollback is probably entirely tied to the odds of Granblue getting another season. Which, we'll see. Vera was the last 'promised' character so there is a very good chance the game is done. I'd put more hopes in a Granblue 2 at this point to give them a chance to paper over some problems with GBVS.

Persona is more a roulette. It feels like an odd push not to have it when every other 8+ year old game in the news is how it's getting rollback added, but Atlus is pushing for some big Persona announcement next year and this is likely part of it since people be talking up old fighters a fair bit lately. They probably missed the memo that rollback is how you get people to actually care about old fighters. We'll see if Atlus wakes up and gets it put in at some point but it's Atlus so I wouldn't hold my breath.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

BurningBeard posted:

As someone who came fully into the VF fold thanks to that freebie I couldn't be happier. Has anyone jumped online much since it released? I checked in a month or so ago but couldn't seem to get a ranked match. Dunno if that was a fluke. I'm guessing yes since they're talking about numbers like this.

And on the rollback front, anyone care to guess what the likelihood of Granblue getting it would be? Every time I see that game it loving calls to me. Now that its price dropped I'm tempted again.

I still play when I can and while it takes a little longer than it did at launch to get a ranked match I can still find them. I found a group that does a first to 30 wins free for all every few weeks so most of my time has been spent playing in there though

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
dbfz is much more likely to get rollback than granblue, and there still hasn't been any news on that end

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Got an unexpected spike of interest in my game lately, I received nearly 100 requests for alpha keys in the past couple days after mostly struggling to find testers before that. Happy to give some more out to goons though, just PM me.

https://twitter.com/MegaKnockdown/status/1475132662448861185

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Just wanna say that's an incredibly cool idea and if I were a pc person I'd be all over it just because of that. Good luck with it.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Using the Jerma green screens is brilliant.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

"With the current trend being rollback netcode, and with [Guilty Gear Strive] garnering good reviews, we feel like it’s practically become a must-have," said Fukuhara via Granblue_en.

Fukuhara is from the Cygames side, he's the creative director of Granblue itself, not an ArcSys guy. So there's clearly interest on Cygames' side of having it. He goes on to state the game wasn't originally designed for it so there's difficulties, but still, it's a more concrete statement than Atlus gave about rollback in P4U.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

b_d posted:

at this point hoping for granblue rollback would be extremely optimistic. they haven't made any moves towards adding it to any of their 3d engine games (strive aside) and granblue is mainly controlled by a different company. compare p4au, which is on basically the exact same engine as the two blazblue games they're adding rollback to; for which there is no promise of rollback because it's atlus's call.

i hope for rollback to come to the 3d games eventually but there's no sign it's something they're progressing towards and outside xrd there's the additional barrier of the other companies involved which tend to have no interest in rollback net code.

DNF seems like it's running on a very similar engine as granblue and that had rollback for the beta.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
im sure there's business reasons for not putting it in too. why patch it into an old game if we can use it as a marketing bullet point for a full priced sequel etc.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Arzachel posted:

DNF seems like it's running on a very similar engine as granblue and that had rollback for the beta.

The main barrier is the IP owner, arcsys said directly that stuff like rollback is at the whims of the budget provided by whoever contracted them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

The main barrier is the IP owner, arcsys said directly that stuff like rollback is at the whims of the budget provided by whoever contracted them.
yeah but again cygames does not seem to dislike the idea of rollback at all and they clearly want the game to have more of a competitive scene, and they're ludicrously flush with cash. i cant really see them trying to block rollback or not giving them money for it.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Not really knowing much at all about them as a company, I feel like it would be smart as hell for them to do it. That kind of goodwill pays for itself down the line, and GBVS got robbed because of the pandemic etc. etc. Good to know there’s at least some mention of a possibility even if it doesn’t happen.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

Which is why P4A is a "maybe in the future". I strongly doubt Atlus gives a poo poo.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

A bunch of well known VAs went and dubbed Bloody Roar 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE_3d-OUNyU

owns

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

A bunch of well known VAs went and dubbed Bloody Roar 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE_3d-OUNyU

owns

that rules real hard

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
god they even made it sound like lovely blown out ps1 audio

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.megavisions.net/exclusive-interview-junk-food-custom-arcades-ceo-discusses-hit-box-lawsuit/

Patent law is loving stupid.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

very dumb

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

dhamster posted:

Got an unexpected spike of interest in my game lately, I received nearly 100 requests for alpha keys in the past couple days after mostly struggling to find testers before that. Happy to give some more out to goons though, just PM me.

https://twitter.com/MegaKnockdown/status/1475132662448861185

Just saw this in the wild on twitter! It's been fun following along with your updates in this thread and I'm glad it's blowing up. Congrats my dude!

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Thanks! I've been sitting on the idea for a long time so I'm glad people are starting to take a bit of interest.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

this article confirms its not just hitbox company that sucks but also that the junkbox people sicced their lawyers on ppl making a rival open source cheater controller. i guess it isnt really surprising that people involved in making the cheat controllers behave this way

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

You're not a real Gamers if you aren't playing next to your smelly opponent with one button broken and ready to run as soon as you win the match in case they pull out a knife on you.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/NiftyApeNation/status/1475296944293560323

The future is now.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
3) Meta

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

Powerful "video game being played in the background of a 2000's sitcom" vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

and like everyting else in the cryptocurrency/nft space it's not even an original idea
the original "monkey nfts that will become playable characters in a fighting game!!" project was Evolved Apes (not to be confused with Bored Apes, Party Apes, Desperate Ape Wives....)
of course it turned out to be a scam. the creator took all the money and ran, having never even began anything videogame related