Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I don't know poo poo about Benzes but this is pretty sweet right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Put the Lambo engine in the passenger compartment of an 80s station wagon. Run air vents through the rear doors.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Put the Lambo engine in the passenger compartment of an 80s station wagon. Run air vents through the rear doors.

NACA ducts on polycarbonate windows is a time honoured tradition after all.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift posted:

https://michener.auctioneersoftware.com/auctions/11559/lot/17018-2011-Porsche-Cayenne-4dr-SUV

that's 278k miles on a turbo cayenne. I'm impressed.

e: from a different car:

sometimes it almost works!

They put up a carfax.

https://vhr.carfax.ca/?id=gJ2p8DOfRWkMLxj8Q009FStcR9ZIR5nX

not a single accident in 448,000kms, and from day 1 either serviced at a porsche dealer or a lamborghini dealer.

Who takes a 400,000km vehicle to a Lamborghini dealer for them to change the cabin air filter

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Powershift posted:

Who takes a 400,000km vehicle to a Lamborghini dealer for them to change the cabin air filter

Someone with a lot of money who is "not a car person"?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

That's amazing.

boxen posted:

Someone with a lot of money who is "not a car person"?
I think that's a given, but those same people would never be expected to drive the same vehicle 400,000KMs.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

slidebite posted:

I think that's a given, but those same people would never be expected to drive the same vehicle 400,000KMs.

You seriously think that was anything other than the nannies car?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

LOL 40K plus per year is not a nanny driving around Calgary... unless she was driving home to Mexico every few weeks.

Best guess - it's a salesmans' (or similar) car and they're paid a KM car allowance and the maintenance is either charged through the company or a write off expense.

Looks in good shape and probably maintained better than 99% of other cars on the road. Might be a reasonable buy if it goes cheap enough.

E: here is a 2005 with half the mileage but a 6spd.
https://michener.auctioneersoftware.com/auctions/11559/lot/16862-2005-Porsche-Cayenne-6-Speed-AWD

slidebite fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 9, 2021

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I seem to remember seeing a ton of these on Craigslist in California back in, oh, 2013? I think they were going for $5-10k back then. Between the cost of MB replacement parts and 15 mpg (gas was $4 at the time), I decided against it.

I don't really see any on a quick scan of CL right now, and I deleted my Facebook account so I can't check there...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

I seem to remember seeing a ton of these on Craigslist in California back in, oh, 2013? I think they were going for $5-10k back then. Between the cost of MB replacement parts and 15 mpg (gas was $4 at the time), I decided against it.

I don't really see any on a quick scan of CL right now, and I deleted my Facebook account so I can't check there...

Okay ones still go for 5 grand. That one seems nice.

As an added bonus you can haul lumber on the US bumpers.

Also a 247hp VR6 and not a twin turbo v8 which is....sub optimal

Powershift fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 9, 2021

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Powershift posted:

Also a 247hp VR6 and not a twin turbo v8 which is....sub optimal

Also the 6 speed in those is best described as "agricultural".

stranger danger
May 24, 2006

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I haven't daydreamed / window shopped in a while so idk how covid has affected things, but that's a good price on a 560 and a kinda steep price on one of the lesser V8s. Assuming very good, but not immaculate condition.

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

I want to install this in a Fiero.

It's only fair since so many of them got turned into lovely Lamborghini replicas.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

$5600.

Probably still worth it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

$5600.

Probably still worth it.

Absolutely worth it, i think. If i could have put it together i would have been all over it.

We ended up with the Pilot at $17k which i think is a good price for it. would have been about $23k retail. Not one of my usual auction steals but it is a desert for vehicles between $10k and $20k.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
Every once in a while a unicorn pops up.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/210001524633376/

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
All Fierro kits always trying to make it look like some other specific car. This one just makes it look better.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

I wouldn't pay $25k for it but I would definitely happily drive it

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
Kind of looks like a casting taken off of a Bricklin SV1 that has been glassed into the rest of the front end, though the fake vent is a little wider.

I should be shaking down an unusually overpowered car at the moment because we've finally had a break in the weather, but I have the world's most stomach flu so I'm gonna look on facebook marketplace and feel sad inside.

The bogan underclass in NZ has heard of the American car prices situation and is now convinced anything RWD is worth 2-3x what it was going for a year ago.

Selling: destroyed mx5 with a 1.6 and wheels that dont fit
Want: Mint condition plastic wrapped mx5 1.8 prices

Selling: underpowered family car with crash panels and unwarrantable headlight tints, worse-than-factory handling coilovers
Want: Like a million fuckin dollars
Bonus: Black on polish Wolf (rota-tier) knockoffs of a Work S13P, which are so ubiquitious as to be basically bogan clown car swangas at this point

Selling: broken
Want: ten to thirteen thousand dollars more than broken is worth

Selling: maori mustang
Want: maori mustang
maori mustang
maori mustang

quote:

maori mustang

For perspective's sake for non NZ/Aus people, the Cefiro is a third or fourth tier Nissan car which aims for the same performance envelope as an Iron Duke Camaro, but with somewhat worse driving characteristics.

Also I found this, which without a dyno can't be judged as to whether it's a shitbox or a comedy car, but have to respect the principle of taking a rusty british econobox and putting an engine with 5 times the displacement of its original into it.

For some reason it's located in Edgecumbe, which is basically a very small detroit and I'm surprised the owner didn't have their wheels stolen between taking photos at different angles.

Spades fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Dec 15, 2021

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Hey don't poo poo talk the Ceffy - at least it didn't come with a diesel like the Laurel (one of my school friends had one of those which he was immensely proud of)

E. My younger bro has an S14 Silvia that he back yard swapped an SR20DET into like 15 years ago. It's been sitting rusting away on his driveway for at least a decade now but don't worry he's going to get it sorted and back on the road 'any day now'

dissss fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Dec 15, 2021

Spades
Sep 18, 2011

dissss posted:

Hey don't poo poo talk the Ceffy - at least it didn't come with a diesel like the Laurel (one of my school friends had one of those which he was immensely proud of)

E. My younger bro has an S14 Silvia that he back yard swapped an SR20DET into like 15 years ago. It's been sitting rusting away on his driveway for at least a decade now but don't worry he's going to get it sorted and back on the road 'any day now'

I knew there was something besides the Cedric and Gloria out there, just couldn't remember what it was called.

I will say that the Laurel does have its place - in being used to donate those diesel engines to VN commodores which will then be green stickered after rolling coal outside a primary school.

Also funny - I sold my S14 Silvia to my brother (older brother) after spending a christmas fixing it up, and it's sitting rusting away in HIS driveway waiting for a Barra turbo conversion.

Got $6750 for that car which was half of what I should have done but I couldn't justify charging more for an NA 2.0 that my lemons racecar EK4 civic could race away from.

Spades fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 15, 2021

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

In the vein of people smoking various substances to come up with a price, behold, the 2/3's there 71 Lemans Convertible. I knows what I got.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Spades posted:

bogan clown car swangas

I have no idea what this means and it still makes me chuckle

...Despite you throwing shade at Detroit! :colbert:

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

PeterCat posted:

In the vein of people smoking various substances to come up with a price, behold, the 2/3's there 71 Lemans Convertible. I knows what I got.

Buy a cuda shell, paint it purple, throw it in a ditch, take it out in 3 years and cut the roof off.
Boom, you're a millionaire!

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
Nicked grandpa's car from the estate sale at the retirement village, wanting 10k, you can tell it hasn't been raped to death with the mismatched rear wheels and the way it's in Whanganui

Poverty spec 4 door auto 120hp Skyline for more than it probably retailed for back in 1998

Finally an honest, realistic deal

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

PeterCat posted:

Maybe not as crazy as it seems, 68 - 72 GM A-body convertible chassis frames are in demand and valuable. If you have something rare like a 442 or gto convertible with a weak frame that could be a good donor car, sell the rear end and body shell to make back some of the cost.

If the frame under that thing is any good, that is.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

It's not.

Getting to where I'm afraid to look at how much I could sell my '70 Cutlass Sports Coupe for... I'm afraid because I think it'll be more than I expect and I don't want to sell it.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Who needs a new project?
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/d/grayson-subaru-wrx-powered-vw-super/7422132761.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulxniAmCigE

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/1977-buick-regal-landeau-4x4/1599210339

needs beefier tires, but witnessed

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
What are you calling a project? That beetle is perfect in every way

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Nitrox posted:

What are you calling a project? That beetle is perfect in every way

I'd just be wary of sending that much power through the stock 4-speed transmission - There's a manufacturer out there who does reverse-cut pinion gears to give rebuilt Subaru transmissions 5 reverse gears and 1 forward for swapping into aircooled VWs

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Would you pay $27,000 cdn for a supercharged 1995 Buick Rivera with 3,000 km? It has been safety inspected

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nebakenezzer posted:

Would you pay $27,000 cdn for a supercharged 1995 Buick Rivera with 3,000 km? It has been safety inspected

yeah, if it had $22,000 cash in the trunk

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Someone needs to Donk that bitch up.

Needs to be rolling on trips.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I went into this Ebay seller's listings because they had a bunch of chevelles listed at over $100k and now i can't stop laughing.

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/vanguardmotorsales/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

This has to be a drug front or something.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/165254304569?hash=item2679ec9339:g:7FoAAOSwDP5hyby7

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/384637662701?hash=item598e30f5ed:g:QXkAAOSwwL1hybyw

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/384630371715?hash=item598dc1b583:g:tA4AAOSwIMZhxcYG

Yeah, those could be the cleanest examples of those cars, but the cleanest Mark IV on the planet is still only 15 grand in a desirable color combo.

e: the exact cars

e2:

Powershift fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Dec 28, 2021

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
To be fair Vanguard has always been plum loving nutty, long before COVID hit even.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

God those Lincolns make me horny.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

See that "make offer" button? You have the auction screenshots. You know what to do.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Darchangel posted:

See that "make offer" button? You have the auction screenshots. You know what to do.

I actually could hit the buy it now button, but I should save for a rainy day.
Or to replace the fuckin floors in my living/dining room since my dishwasher decided to leak on me while I was away.

I know, excuses excuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

wesleywillis posted:

I actually could hit the buy it now button, but I should save for a rainy day.
Or to replace the fuckin floors in my living/dining room since my dishwasher decided to leak on me while I was away.

I know, excuses excuses.

Buy the car and use its floor to repair your floor.