Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It's hosed up that anime DVDs default to dubbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Anime is badime.

But dubs are always better than subbed.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aramek posted:

Anime is badime.

But dubs are always better than subbed.

Lmao learn to read.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
what's anime

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

nurmie posted:

what's anime

IDK but it rhymes with a rhyme.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

3D Megadoodoo posted:

IDK but it rhymes with a rhyme.

ah, like the words "mime" and "gym"?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

nurmie posted:

what's anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg5fR05st58

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

thank you, now i know what anime is

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Unless you speak the language, I don’t care what your opinions on a work’s sub/dub are. It’s basically like claiming a food you’ve never actually eaten is better than a food you’ve eaten your whole life. You don’t actually know, you just want it to be true.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Imagine getting salty about how strangers watch cartoons

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Robobot posted:

Unless you speak the language, I don’t care what your opinions on a work’s sub/dub are. It’s basically like claiming a food you’ve never actually eaten is better than a food you’ve eaten your whole life. You don’t actually know, you just want it to be true.

The idea that you can't judge the relative quality of two dubs without speaking both languages makes no sense. You're basically saying that you can't understand the emotion in someone's voice if theyre speaking a different language

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

on the other hand they are cartoons

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

e: posted too dang fast!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Since Robobot can't speak Japanese these two videos are identical to them. They can hear no difference between the two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOOT282KOog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKYXebVoD-0

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Honestly, they both sound different but I can't tell if one is supposed to be "better" than the other. Which is the one I'm supposed to be embarrassed for not realizing the acting is better?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Dubs for animation, subs for live action

You may not like it but this is the Law as it was given to Moses by YHWH

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

christmas boots posted:

I'm also jewish and can confirm

lol at goys arguing this settled point.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

christmas boots posted:

Yeah, but these two rabbi say that its subs for both, so that's 2 to 1.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Robobot posted:

I've never eaten American pizza but I can tell by Americans' faces it's a lot worse than real pizza.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

America invented pizza.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

America invenged anime, hence the name.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The best pizza is from Occitanie.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I've never eaten American pizza but I can tell by Americans' faces it's a lot worse than real pizza.

You don't have frozen pizza where you are? Most of that is american style. Even Italians eat that poo poo.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Italians make poo poo pizza and it's the best on the continent

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Pizza is just dough with toppings

it does not require some national secret technique

same with pasta. You won't get the "best pasta" in Italy or whatever. You can find superb pasta literally all over the world

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I feel bad for people that can't eat pasta. I had an ex that couldn't have gluten and we had to use these terrible fake noodles and I always felt so bad for her because a good mac and cheese requires a good noodle, and she'll never know that joy. Don't know how she keeps herself going, to be honest. Just a damned shame.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

mac and cheese isn't worth writing home about, it's hardly a great loss to not be able to eat it.

And if you were insisting on making pasta dishes with fake noodles you knew were lovely for your girlfriend, then that's on you. Make something else. If you must eat noodles, then eat buckwheat or rice noodles.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

congratulations on finding the high horse

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Do not make your girlfriend pasta with fake noodles. If she cannot eat the real ones she is Not Worthy (I believe Paul said this in his letter to the Church in Galatia)

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Potato gnocci, rice/buckwheat/chestnut noodles, etc. can all be reasonably made/procured and are usually (but not always, so check) gluten free, while also costing less than the specialty gluten free items. I am a huge fan of chestnut noodles and strongly recommend them.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I gave u p, I was never going to catch up to the 4000 posts I was behind and I miss you lovely weirdos and hope you have a good new year as unlikely as that is for any of us.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Robobot posted:

I feel bad for people that can't eat pasta. I had an ex that couldn't have gluten and we had to use these terrible fake noodles and I always felt so bad for her because a good mac and cheese requires a good noodle, and she'll never know that joy. Don't know how she keeps herself going, to be honest. Just a damned shame.

Should've only eaten Seitan to establish dominance

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Gripweed posted:

If you must eat noodles, then eat buckwheat or rice noodles.

they don't taste good, though. It's like those "all the grains" breads with teeth-cracking seeds and wahtever - nobody eats that because they like it, they do it because it's supposedly more healthy than bread that tastes good. If rice was meant to be a noodle it'd be shaped like that.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

yeah I eat rear end posted:

they don't taste good, though. It's like those "all the grains" breads with teeth-cracking seeds and wahtever - nobody eats that because they like it, they do it because it's supposedly more healthy than bread that tastes good. If rice was meant to be a noodle it'd be shaped like that.

I'm sorry you hate noodles and bread.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This is like the people in Book Barn that think anyone who reads real literature does it for reasons other than that they like it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Turning 27 feels old. CMV.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

here's some advice for you: people have wildly varying tastes and just because you don't like something doesn't mean nobody does. extrapolating from your own likes and dislikes to suggest that they are universal is a pretty foolish thing to do.

(i don't like weird bread either... because my brain is conditioned to sugar bread, not because of any objective inferiority in the weird bread.)

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
It is old, literally past your prime

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Chloe Jessica posted:

here's some advice for you: people have wildly varying tastes and just because you don't like something doesn't mean nobody does. extrapolating from your own likes and dislikes to suggest that they are universal is a pretty foolish thing to do.

(i don't like weird bread either... because my brain is conditioned to sugar bread, not because of any objective inferiority in the weird bread.)

This is the unpopular opinions thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Imagine not liking rice noodles lmfao. Pad Thai? GROSS

Of all the opinions, this one has broken me