Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I only listen to trans women of color like Alice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

ghost stories for the end of the world

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

some women are spiritually male; their words can inspire us, their crystals can resonate with ours...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
guy podcast: wizards, swords, machine guns, politics, beer

girl podcast: shopping, celebrities, fashion, cooking, serial killers, rapists, qanon & other various mlm schemes

very simple

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Popy posted:

ghost stories for the end of the world

this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
if there are any girls itt feel free to pm me tho.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

girl podcast: shopping, celebrities, fashion, cooking, serial killers, rapists, qanon & other various mlm schemes

very simple
dis

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

I'm going to send you a list of podcasts

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

okay i asked my fiance for some recs from someone who is a us-politics/pop culture hater, but also not a true crime-addicted normie:

You're Dead To Me (history-comedy podcast, i guess the guy who does Horrible Histories)
History Extra (featuring interviews with notable historians on topics spanning ancient history through to recent British to American events. Episodes feature history stories and perspectives on everything from crusading knights to Tudor monarchs and the D-Day landings.)
Victorian Scribbler (A biography, history, and literature podcast about the nineteenth-century writers time forgot.)
Not Just Tudors (Professor Suzannah Lipscomb talks about everything from the Aztecs to witches, Velázquez to Shakespeare, Mughal India to the Mayflower. Not, in other words, just the Tudors, but most definitely also the Tudors. Each episode Suzannah is joined by historians and experts to reveal incredible stories about one of the most fascinating periods in history.)
Off Menu (Comedians Ed Gamble and James Acaster invite special guests into their magical restaurant to each choose their favourite starter, main course, side dish, dessert and drink. Ever wanted to eat your dream meal?)
Fairie Folk (audio adventure through the United Kingdom, where you can explore some of the country's best loved folklore, myths and legends)
Fabulous Folklore with Icy (Fabulous Folklore will give you your weekly fix of fabulous folklore in fifteen minutes (or less)! Hosted by fantasy and Gothic horror writer, Icy Sedgwick, the podcast explores folklore, legends, superstitions, mythology, and all things weird, occult and unusual.)
Something Rhymes with Purple (Susie Dent and Gyles Brandreth invite you to enhance your vocabulary, uncover the hidden origins of language and share their love of words.)

i cant vouch for any of them, but just giving you some poo poo that may be outside of what you'd find recommended in extremely online brain poisoned places

All of these sound absolutely punishing in a really specific way. Xaris are you marrying a steampunk

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

some plague rats posted:

I'm going to send you a list of podcasts

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

some plague rats posted:

All of these sound absolutely punishing in a really specific way. Xaris are you marrying a steampunk
*nervously tugs collar*

uhh... a little closer to the truth than you know

lets just say yes i've been dragged to a lot of dickens christmas faires and ren faires and steampunk occult faires

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

*nervously tugs collar*

uhh... a little closer to the truth than you know

lets just say yes i've been dragged to a lot of dickens christmas faires and ren faires and steampunk occult faires

They tell me god will know his own

But yeah it's a dead certain that anyone who would listen to a Giles brandreth podcast is wearing a corset and a top hat at a jaunty angle

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
said it before ill say it again: ren faire owns

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im going to assassinate the deadly novel coronavirus if it cancels yet another ren faire.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

LISTENING to 13 true crime podcasts while making the soy face

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I listen to fake crime podcasts

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I went to a ren faire with a friend and he showed up in a leather jacket? It was fine though we had cider and turkey legs

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Actually maybe that’s a good idea. In the style of true crime podcasts but it’s about like who shot Mr. Burns or the beagle boys kidnapping Huey Dewey and Louie or whatever.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Chad Jihad posted:

I went to a ren faire with a friend and he showed up in a leather jacket? It was fine though we had cider and turkey legs

They had leather back then

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

slave to my cravings posted:

stav is the fat one, Adam is the funny one

"one of you has body dysmorphia, and the other one should have it"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jesus christ stav is so loving funny

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Chad Jihad posted:

LISTENING to 13 true crime podcasts while making the soy face

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Actually maybe that’s a good idea. In the style of true crime podcasts but it’s about like who shot Mr. Burns or the beagle boys kidnapping Huey Dewey and Louie or whatever.

good idea. lets pod

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

ballin out super did this. it was a fake episode of Serial about What Happened To Launch.

e: Launch is a character from the japanese animated show Dragon Ball, with which ballin out super concerns itself

Feste
Apr 7, 2009

I’ve occasionally listened to TrashFuture but I don’t really follow any of them. That being said: why do people dislike Alice so much?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Feste posted:

I’ve occasionally listened to TrashFuture but I don’t really follow any of them. That being said: why do people dislike Alice so much?

because she's a woman, duh

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Feste posted:

pretty generic Person Whose Primary Method Of Social Interaction Is Twitter

as such, there's an incomprehensible number of dumb posting vendettas she's a part of, also an easy half of what she says could be replaced by any given person who follows one of the chapos

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Im going to have sex with all the podcast murderers

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

In this tropers opinion that would be fairly farking random, but at the same time, some epic bacon win

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Feste posted:

1. woman
2. white muslim
3. disrespects and opposes the Lion Assad

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Xaris posted:

okay i asked my fiance for some recs from someone who is a us-politics/pop culture hater, but also not a true crime-addicted normie:

You're Dead To Me (history-comedy podcast, i guess the guy who does Horrible Histories)
History Extra (featuring interviews with notable historians on topics spanning ancient history through to recent British to American events. Episodes feature history stories and perspectives on everything from crusading knights to Tudor monarchs and the D-Day landings.)
Victorian Scribbler (A biography, history, and literature podcast about the nineteenth-century writers time forgot.)
Not Just Tudors (Professor Suzannah Lipscomb talks about everything from the Aztecs to witches, Velázquez to Shakespeare, Mughal India to the Mayflower. Not, in other words, just the Tudors, but most definitely also the Tudors. Each episode Suzannah is joined by historians and experts to reveal incredible stories about one of the most fascinating periods in history.)
Off Menu (Comedians Ed Gamble and James Acaster invite special guests into their magical restaurant to each choose their favourite starter, main course, side dish, dessert and drink. Ever wanted to eat your dream meal?)
Fairie Folk (audio adventure through the United Kingdom, where you can explore some of the country's best loved folklore, myths and legends)
Fabulous Folklore with Icy (Fabulous Folklore will give you your weekly fix of fabulous folklore in fifteen minutes (or less)! Hosted by fantasy and Gothic horror writer, Icy Sedgwick, the podcast explores folklore, legends, superstitions, mythology, and all things weird, occult and unusual.)
Something Rhymes with Purple (Susie Dent and Gyles Brandreth invite you to enhance your vocabulary, uncover the hidden origins of language and share their love of words.)

i cant vouch for any of them, but just giving you some poo poo that may be outside of what you'd find recommended in extremely online brain poisoned places

xaris i refuse to learn anything more about the culture of the cursed isles unless it it reveals their weaknesses like van helsing raiding a library to find dracula's lair

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

this is hilariously smarmy, i love it. thanks for this

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Smythe posted:

very simple

true anon: girl podcast

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

pretty generic Person Whose Primary Method Of Social Interaction Is Twitter

as such, there's an incomprehensible number of dumb posting vendettas she's a part of, also an easy half of what she says could be replaced by any given person who follows one of the chapos

yeah it's good to listen to someone worse off internet-brain wise

Smythe posted:

sent you my feet pics but beware: one of them is pre-transition

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Xaris posted:

this is what you get when you plug your headphones into a blarney stone, right

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

sent you my feet pics but beware: one of them is pre-transition

when are you gonna get the other foot done

Debunk
Aug 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Jetto Jagga posted:

Radio War Nerd and True Anon are all you ever need

you're missing ghost stories for the end of the world

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

when are you gonna get the other foot done

heh

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Debunk posted:

you're missing ghost stories for the end of the world
i'm boycotting it until gh0stpinstaball starts posting again.

shame on goons for getting podcast famous like joseph fink/maxnmona and abandoning their roots. it's downright unacceptable. what has the world come to

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
UYD4L

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i am once again asking true anon liz to marry me