Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I read Road to Perdition in the airport btw. I liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I always mix up Road to Perdition with the movie where Robin Williams goes to hell to save his wife.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

In Road to Perdition the guy played by Tom Hanks in the movie goes to hell (in a way) to avenge his wife, so perhaps they are part of the same EU (extended universe)

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
built a fire tonight and had some cider, gonna make some waffles and watch the abyss and then play some xcom

Only took me a week but I’ve finally started to relax on my two-week vacation

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What Dreams May Come was the movie with Robin Williams and Road to Perdition is the Tom Hanks one.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I've been playing SMT 3: Nocturne on Switch (without the dlc pack that makes it feature Dante from the Devil May Cry series, sadly) and I think it's exactly what I wanted every time I thought "Dark Souls' approach to character dialogue and vibes is nice, wish it was used with an aesthetic I don't find really boring"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Do you consider "may've" to be a proper contraction?

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’ve been playing It Takes Two with an old friend, just a lot of fun.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
e; n/m, wrong thread

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

CobiWann posted:

Do you consider "may've" to be a proper contraction?

It’s not proper but I accept it, like a pie on a birthday

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They should bring back The Hamburglar

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the hamburglar got caught robbing mayor mccheese’s house and was shot six times by the fry kid guards, he’s alive but retarded now don’t think he would make a good spokesman

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
they should recast the hamburglar with jussie smollett

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

this is MAC Tonight Country

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

That DICK! posted:

this is MAC Tonight Country

p sure that makes you hitler

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

John madden ftw

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

They should bring back The Hamburglar

they tried to make the hamburglar sexy but it didn't catch on as a meme enough so they killed him

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbwJrO9dmeM

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1475988473941311491?s=21

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I hope everybody had (or is still having) a great holiday :toot:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

got a copy of cod vanguard as a gift, hopped on for a bit and it absolutely amazes me that in nearly 15 years not only have they not figured out how spawns work, they have actively made them worse by orders of magnitude. i've played for about 3 hours total and have spawned between two people in a gunfight and died instantly at least five times.

they added a bunch of mostly white christmas lights to the home screen so I can't loving read anything in between matches with no option to turn them off, gently caress all for vision accessibility options, tiny elves on every map that laugh at you for the entire match, another dog killstreak that takes multiple mags to kill and will one-shot you, every weapon has 70(!) levels to fully unlock everything, the battle pass levels slow as poo poo even with double xp enabled, and the netcode somehow still completely shits itself at least every other match

however, as a old fucker with one functioning eye it is still fun to poo poo on kids and listen to them scream into their death mic, until I inevitably get called a slur and wonder why I have voice chat enabled in the first place.

rip john madden, sad that his namesake game is one of the worst things currently produced in the industry. and for some reason I immediately thought of this when I heard he passed because my brain now consists of memes and little else:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo

i always laughed when he would say the recipient of a big hit was "looking out of his earhole"

Critical fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 29, 2021

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

That DICK! posted:

try listening to this stupid nerd while you play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J62EqRqxnv0

Thanks again for the link. I watched this series in full plus some other videos on the channel (eg. Wonder tier list) over the holidays while I wasn’t at home and returned to Civ 6 with its hidden secrets. I’m still playing suboptimally and probably making dumb decisions all the time but armed with a lot better understanding of the game I was indeed able to win my first game (Diplomatic points, few turns away from a Science victory but my superior athletes won the day for me) on Prince too. Will probably play a game or two on Prince before trying a harder difficulty. Also, turning on quick movement and combat sped the game up ridiculously much.

Edit: oh yeah what happens to Rome at the end of that video series is hysterical, amazing poo poo

Captain Magic posted:

Can you rename civilizations on Civ VI yet? I want to run Buttsadonia.

I don’t think so but you can name your religion. I went with ”Good poo poo” in my last game and it was pretty funny. ”Mali has converted to Good poo poo”

Edit: ah man should’ve gone with ”Such Good poo poo”, oh well

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Dec 29, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's wild that coleco was allowed to sell their own atari 2600 because they reverse engineered it. i hope sony or microsoft end up doing that to the other one. it would be very easy now since they are both using practically the same parts anyhow!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you can't do that nowadays. it's too complicated to explain to someone like me.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wanna get the dipshit Tommy Tallarico Intellivision console with no games

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

love the musical stylings of tommy t pickles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvqxm8lWQyA

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

NienNunb posted:

I wanna get the dipshit Tommy Tallarico Intellivision console with no games

it has dolphin quest

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

a cyborg mug posted:

Thanks again for the link. I watched this series in full plus some other videos on the channel (eg. Wonder tier list) over the holidays while I wasn’t at home and returned to Civ 6 with its hidden secrets. I’m still playing suboptimally and probably making dumb decisions all the time but armed with a lot better understanding of the game I was indeed able to win my first game (Diplomatic points, few turns away from a Science victory but my superior athletes won the day for me) on Prince too. Will probably play a game or two on Prince before trying a harder difficulty. Also, turning on quick movement and combat sped the game up ridiculously much.

Edit: oh yeah what happens to Rome at the end of that video series is hysterical, amazing poo poo

I don’t think so but you can name your religion. I went with ”Good poo poo” in my last game and it was pretty funny. ”Mali has converted to Good poo poo”

Edit: ah man should’ve gone with ”Such Good poo poo”, oh well

i am glad you found it helpful B) rome is a good city to acquainted with the finer points of the game and how to prioritize everything. a personal favorite of mine is also the khmer - you can focus entirely on getting nice holy districts and aqueducts for big food gains. im a big food fan. always like my cities to have big food. if you'd like to play online someitm elet me know. also you can rename cities. i think you gotta click on a little book thingie on their name in the bottom right corner when you've selected the city.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Don’t Look Up sucks, Adam McKay is a hack.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Don’t Look Up sucks, Adam McKay is a hack.

always has been. The big short is one of the worst pieces of poo poo I’ve ever seen in a cinema

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I think there was something there in the idea behind Dont Look Up but it was executed in such a frustratingly annoying way that it felt accurate yet entirely disingenuous

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I will not watch any of McKay’s serious movies because Step Brothers is too important to me.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I liked The Big Short but I enjoyed Margin Call more, basically for 8 minutes of Jeremy Irons being awesome.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Didn’t get to see Dune in the theaters since it wasn’t running at the local AMC on Christmas day(seriously lame) so I looked up the movie listings and found AMC was running Denzel Washington’s Macbeth production. Sadly also not showing anywhere near me.

So I’m watching Dharma Khusetra on Netflix like a pleb. You’re a real jerk Drona!

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Andy Bernard Voice My Fiancée has covid with mild symptoms. I tested negative. Vaccines work

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i saw that boba fett is fat and thought "well they had to explain how he got outta da sarlacc somehow" and now im picturing him photoshopped into the sarlacc saying "stuck :(" like the samoa joe meme.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The plot of Don't Look Up is basically Hellstar Remina

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That DICK! posted:

i saw that boba fett is fat and thought "well they had to explain how he got outta da sarlacc somehow" and now im picturing him photoshopped into the sarlacc saying "stuck :(" like the samoa joe meme.

lmao

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

That DICK! posted:

Fett is German for fat. So if you ever wanna call me fat (which I am) in my native tongue you can do it and I'll be owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

Fett is German for fat. So if you ever wanna call me fat (which I am) in my native tongue you can do it and I'll be owned.