Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

edogawa rando posted:

Oh, so is that why I'm not permitted to take issue with something that veers far too often into racism against my ethnicity? I had no idea! SANK YOU VELY MUCCHI FOL INFOLMING ME OF ZISSU!

Have you got any other pathetic excuses for a lovely, racist meme?

If I check your post history am I gonna find out you got this mad at Lindsay using the word squint?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Here's an anime that is somehow good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrvKhnSdbks

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
to be honest..... i like anime

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

edogawa rando posted:

No, go on, please explain to me how this kind of casual racism against people of my ethnicity is nothing to care about.
The context makes it clear they only focused on anime because of familiarity not blame or intensity per se.

It's still fair to be uncomfortable but pointing out that those words aren't actually a dog-whistle is not the same isn't saying you can't complain.

Doctorwhat's and the post he was replying to was cringing. An oversimplification at best. No one would mind if you dunk on them.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
so many good animes out there... mangas too

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 31, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
goku ftw :gas: thread

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Goku is bad. Discuss

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Vegeta's cool, probably favorite saiyan.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Goku is bad. Discuss

i;m going to kil l you with a spirit bomb!

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Dias posted:

If I check your post history am I gonna find out you got this mad at Lindsay using the word squint?

If so, who cares? There's isn't an viewpoint that's clean from getting wound up over something stupid.

We don't say "The internet makes them stupid" after all

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
nah its okay you can talk poo poo about goku all you want... goku would be okay with it

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

to be honest..... i like anime

Some anime is good. Some anime is bad. A pedo has a running anime on air right now. The biggest Marvel director was an abuser. Industries suck and there are cultural differences that make that suckage distinct.

I guess for Brazil it's a stereotypically overly sexual culture being used as cover for objectification and abuse.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dias posted:

Are you suggesting that me not commenting on some drama I missed makes it acceptable?

Rockit posted:

The context makes it clear they only focused on anime because of familiarity not blame or intensity per se.

It's still fair to be uncomfortable but pointing out that those words aren't actually a dog-whistle is not the same isn't saying you can't complain.

Doctorwhat's and the post he was replying to was cringing. An oversimplification at best. No one would mind if you dunk on them.

edogawa rando posted:

When a person from the ethnic group that is treated as the butt of a racist joke says "hey, knock it off with that racism," the correct response isn't to try to justify the perpetuation of it and explain why they're in the wrong for being offended, you loving turd.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dias posted:

A pedo has a running anime on air right now.

Which one now? Did Kenshin get a new series or something.

God that whole deal still just fucks my head up.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

yeah lol

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yardbomb posted:

A remake. Also I dunno if the sequel series is still on hiatus, got officially canceled or is ongoing.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Alaois posted:

yeah lol

Dias posted:

A remake. Also I dunno if the sequel series is still on hiatus, got officially canceled or is ongoing.

Holy poo poo lmao, I wasn't expecting that to actually be the case.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

nah its okay you can talk poo poo about goku all you want... goku would be okay with it

changing my stance that ruroni kenshin is even worse, at least goku has the compassion of the world behind him to destroy boo

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

LanceHunter posted:

Calling if a racist meme as if the majority of people in Japan don’t strongly agree that it’s intensely weird for an adult to be really into anime and manga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FGgYp6mdk

And how is this attitude exclusive to the media produced for us yellows?

DoctorWhat posted:

yeah but the majority of people in japan think it's intensely weird for an adult to have any hobbies at all besides alcoholism.

gently caress off with your orientalist poo poo.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Did Detective Conan ever loving end? Has he gone through puberty again at this point?

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

edogawa rando posted:

Are you suggesting that me not commenting on some drama I missed makes it acceptable?

saying "The thing i like is trash" doesn't inherently do that.

Dias's accusation was cringe bs but no one has an "only offended at the right things" ability and acting like a dumb meme is inherently exclusionary happens to the best of us.

It's not an huge insult to think someone is being mistaken on something so small.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yardbomb posted:

Holy poo poo lmao, I wasn't expecting that to actually be the case.

That might be something worth discussing, but try bringing it up without getting all the whatabouttism in the world or "but ME personally think it's bad idgi".

As a gaslighting racist gently caress, I'll say that Brazilian funk does that with underaged girls a lot so I can be called classist as well.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Detective Conan ending is one of the signs of the Apocalypse so I hope not

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
detective conan is like the simpsons and simply cannot end even if it wants too

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Even after the creator's passing, Golgo 13 will never stop, it's become it's own unstoppable creature.

[Original run: October 1968 – Present]

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Even after the creator's passing, Golgo 13 will never stop, it's become it's own unstoppable creature.

there will always be people in the world for Duke Togo to kill in impossible and improbable ways and women to have sex with

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

BrianWilly posted:

Did Detective Conan ever loving end? Has he gone through puberty again at this point?

those movies are among the highest grossing films in japan for a few years now so i suspect he's never going to grow up

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yardbomb posted:

I really wonder what's gonna happen with Dragon Ball when Toriyama and Nozawa die. It's gonna be the first time I see that happening in real time.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

changing my stance that ruroni kenshin is even worse, at least goku has the compassion of the world behind him to destroy boo

do you really think goku is satisfied with destroying one single world? he has endangered the entire dragon ball multiverse composed of 12 universes.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

do you really think goku is satisfied with destroying one single world? he has endangered the entire dragon ball multiverse composed of 12 universes.

listen, when a shonen hero's motivation is limited to "looking for the best and most powerful fight in the world" it's not immoral for him to imprison his most powerful foe in another planet so he can fight him once in a while

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Samurai X is still a series I hold dear so it sucks that every time I think about it positively I remember "oh it's written by a pedo who's still working"

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rockit posted:

It's not an huge insult to think someone is being mistaken on something so small.

No, but when that involves something that either has racist connotations, or often veers headfirst into anti-asian hate, it is incredibly frustrating to then be told "no you're wrong for getting offended at something that is often used for some lovely racist 'ror asians' bullshit."

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dias posted:

Samurai X is still a series I hold dear so it sucks that every time I think about it positively I remember "oh it's written by a pedo who's still working"

same but i have no regrets cutting it out of my life entirely either. ... watsuki gtfo

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dias posted:

Same here, loved the show a whole lot but christ almighty Watsuki.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

Same here, loved the show a whole lot but christ almighty Watsuki.

I liked the show more so than the movies but yeah, it definitely has a cloud over the whole thing.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
you should watch and read hunter x hunter instead

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

God, I had to look it up to remember what he even got for the whole deal and well, a fine of ¥200,000, that's like $1500 USD. :ughh:

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
youre tilting at windmills

Goku is bad. Discuss

gokus morality is insane as someone on the periphery of knowing things about dragon ball. my boyfriend is a huge fan and the poo poo he tells me is amazing

fun hater fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

edogawa rando posted:

No, but when that involves something that either has racist connotations, or often veers headfirst into anti-asian hate, it is incredibly frustrating to then be told "no you're wrong for getting offended at something that is often used for some lovely racist 'ror asians' bullshit."

Sure but there's a difference getting upset at a meme and accusing everyone who uses it of the same intent.

People still use pepe for harmless reasons. It's hosed up and i'm disgusted when they do but i don't think they're racist for it.

That being said if one is going to talk anecdotal(one video is that don't kid yourselves) and unsoruced generalized statements of your opponent's culture it's hardly an persuasive at best when your opponents sensitive and frankly in this case you are being a little racist. People probably bitch at it there but of course being a fan is allowed there LMAO.