Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
they are made to write 10,000 times "I will not go on futaba or gamefaqs to run my mouth about company secrets"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Brother Make posted:

It says here they 書く a new contract (specifically 書かせれた "made to write"). I had assumed it meant they signed the contract, but in a later panel, they are asked to sign them. So I'm not sure exactly what's happening here. Maybe there's some chance for negotiation with the new contract? Or maybe it's because of the "etc", i.e. whatever additional documents they are dealing with. I'm not sure.

Maybe some legal quirk where if it's the employee who is "initiating" the contract change (rather than the company) then there's less recourse the employee can take later, but idk that's a guess

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Lol enami’s hosed.

Are we going to get pages of exposition about identifying people based on the shape of the top of their heads?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yoriko is gonna pull off an assist somehow. Maybe with like a mirror or something.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Aino Minako posted:

Lol enami’s hosed.

Are we going to get pages of exposition about identifying people based on the shape of the top of their heads?

And their heights.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

(Oops double post.)

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
There’ll be an excuse. He said he could see them through clothes, not through any obstruction.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

BigBadSteve posted:

And their heights.

:hmmyes:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Enami is going to actually develop the ability to see auras, and they're all going to happen to match his lies, how lucky!

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yoriko is gonna pull off an assist somehow. Maybe with like a mirror or something.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
:lol: fuckin amateurs.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lmao

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Oh poo poo, if even Yoriko is panicking they're definitely hosed.

That said, how could they not see this coming? It's a pretty obvious way to test their bullshit.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Devils Affricate posted:

That said, how could they not see this coming?
What do you think they are, psychic or something?

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Been in the grifting business for 40+ years, never thought about "what if theres a sheet" lol

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
*Both Enami and Yoriko were made to write revised contracts etc.*

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Nep-Nep posted:

Enami is going to actually develop the ability to see auras, and they're all going to happen to match his lies, how lucky!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

The Alchemist posted:

*Both Enami and Yoriko were made to write revised contracts etc.*

If it isn't a live broadcast, maybe they can pool their money to convince the network not to air it. If this were in America, they could probably just sue on defamation claims but that kind of bullshit probably doesn't work in Japan.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
He'll pull a Derren Brown type full disclosure and come out as the hero.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Dear Mr Game Company

Plees cut mi pay. 50c per hour, i haev ben a Norty nahgu bad boy.

Sined
NEET and Baldy

P.S. it is just a coinsidens concidenc strange luck we gaev our leters in the same week

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
"Their auras have been unified by the sheet and they have become a rainbow of human experience. Next question."

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Yes, who could have possibly seen something like this coming? You're on a show about proving ghosts are real or something and they asked you how you see auras and they were prepared for what was probably the most obvious answer to that question.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
Finally, the real punishment is about to be revealed

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
So in the 30-40 years they've been grifting, not a single person has thought to put a sheet on someone and ask them to read their bullshit aura? They've never even thought "Hey so, what if someone puts on a mask or hides behind something?".

Either these grifters got really lucky or the world around them is extremly dumb.

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Haifisch posted:

Yes, who could have possibly seen something like this coming? You're on a show about proving ghosts are real or something and they asked you how you see auras and they were prepared for what was probably the most obvious answer to that question.

On the other hand, in shame-oriented cultures you can rely on people not exposing you because they're the ones everyone will get made at for causing you to lose face.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

My prediction: He's going "what should I do" because he's got like half a dozen ways to handle this and the whole thing is yet another fake out.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

BombiTheZombie posted:

So in the 30-40 years they've been grifting, not a single person has thought to put a sheet on someone and ask them to read their bullshit aura? They've never even thought "Hey so, what if someone puts on a mask or hides behind something?".

Either these grifters got really lucky or the world around them is extremly dumb.

Before this, for public appearances, they would only stick to friendly audiences with highly scripted events, often times with guests who would play along even if Enami made a mistake here or there. As Enami is retiring they have deliberately picked a "challenge" for their final public appearance which has led to this.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

smdh if they haven’t prepped a code phrase for “I’ll do some waffling while you phone in a bomb threat”

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
She's looking down. She's going to look back up and smirk, and then indicate to him that their shoes are still visible beneath the sheet

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Japanese sheets are really big!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
If these idiots are really undone by a household sheet, just completely lmao

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's time to fire the Forehead Beam

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Vaporware posted:

Japanese sheets are really big!

Singular in the streets, crowds under the sheets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Mackerel Cornflake fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 31, 2021