Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Sarah Cenia posted:

the last hack n slash game where the controls were PERFECT imo was ninja gaiden black. Although it's not like I really keep up with the genre. It just felt so smooth

Zeroranger rules, totally worth getting and it's on sale

steam has weird ideas about what Zeroranger is like

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry

It's Indie, which is somehow a genre, therefore it's the same as the other two.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Bingo Bango got me Miles Morales and a goon gifted me Wildermyth. Both are a lot of fun but I'm finding Wildermyth really fascinating and charming. It's also on sale!

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Farecoal

There he go
The exaggerated swagger of Little My

Also never heard of Wildermyth but it looks dope. I'm hooked on tactical, turn-based RPGs after playing Divinity Original Sin 2

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Yaga is fun and the soundtrack is bangin'

biosterous

i'm replaying far cry 4 and i got the autocrossbow and it kicks rear end

when far cry 4 came out people complained that the protagonist was pretty bland, but on the other hand the protagonist is not jason brody from far cry 3 so that's a massive improvement

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Stopped beating myself up and stopped Sekiro. Got Cyberpunk as a gift and despite some weird graphics stuff it's pretty fun

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
I just got myself Wildermyth and I'm sad to say that I Do Not Like It. I'm normally a thing liker, I tend to like things, but the writing is just horrible. It's bordering on nonsense most of the time. I guess that's because it's procedurally generated or something???

I'm sad, because thought I was going to love it.

Finger Prince

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

Stopped beating myself up and stopped Sekiro. Got Cyberpunk as a gift and despite some weird graphics stuff it's pretty fun

Did you get the floating trees? Those were kind of annoying. Like, trees that defied draw distance or obstacles like walls and poo poo, and were always visible.

Farecoal

There he go
My favorite thing about Cyberpunk is the streamer Vinny Vinesauce messing with the best character in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAIi2A3Jww4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSnZ_BXDe6Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9-0Tr5WKy4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muR9dyfG4k8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muR9dyfG4k8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMswgf8qdK0

Farecoal

There he go
Everytime I pick up a Thick Coldblood in Bloodborne I think about what if there was a guy named Thick Coldblood (or maybe Thicc Coldblood)

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I would love to meet him and pick his brain

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

sb hermit

Maybe that's just what his parents named him, and now he's just a mild mannered accountant in Spokane, having been the target of too many new kids at school that wanted to establish dominance but all Thicc wanted to do was talk about 80s video game RBI baseball

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
THIS
IS
M
X
C

WITH YOUR HOSTS, KENNY BLANKENSHIP AND THICC...COLDBLOOOOOD!

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
i spotted DJ MAX RESPECT V on steam sale lol so now im jamming out to a lot of bad/some surprisingly good korean ddr music

when i was a total recluse in the bad old days around like 2009? i figured out how to make an account on the japanese version of the original dj max, cause the korean one required a social security number, and it ruled

japanese nerds were always amused when they found out i was a us nerd and i miss the mutual greeting of "4649" which in japanese is yon roku shi ku, which sounds like yoroshiku so it's like number code for pleased to meet you

it was fun

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
also i caved and got enter the gungeon which is much better than the early version i played previously

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
oh yeah, in DJ MAX RESPECT V the title screen says PRESS ANY KEY TO PAY RESPECT lmao

Finger Prince

Sarah Cenia posted:

oh yeah, in DJ MAX RESPECT V the title screen says PRESS ANY KEY TO PAY RESPECT lmao

I hope you always and only press the f key.

Farecoal

There he go

How Wonderful! posted:

I would love to meet him and pick his brain

This you??

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

somebody gifted me Hades and i'm very hyped to try it.

granted, the last rogue-lite that i did was an excercise in pain (Returnal) which i did eventually beat but only after weeks of frustration, so here's hoping this goes differently

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Hades is tough but the real kicker is that Hades is way more interesting between runs than Returnal because you get several characters to talk to and also the runs have a bit more variety because you choose your starting weapon for each run.

So when you die in Hades it's a bummer but you think, "ooh I can talk to Dusa and next run I'll try the shield again"

Finger Prince

Yeah Hades is really good, and I'm not really a big roguelike fan. The voice acting is terrific, and it's a really good button masher that you can just casually play when you've got a bit of free time, like waiting for something to download or whatever. It can get frustrating when Mal kills you again, but once you've played for a while and gotten more powerful, it happens less frequently and usually because you got screwed on upgrades that run. My pro tip is any time you have a chance to increase your life total, take it!

more falafel please

forums poster

Finger Prince posted:

Yeah Hades is really good, and I'm not really a big roguelike fan. The voice acting is terrific, and it's a really good button masher that you can just casually play when you've got a bit of free time, like waiting for something to download or whatever. It can get frustrating when Mal kills you again, but once you've played for a while and gotten more powerful, it happens less frequently and usually because you got screwed on upgrades that run. My pro tip is any time you have a chance to increase your life total, take it!

yeah especially early, taking the +25 max health upgrades is a huge help. i got to the point where I could be confident I'd get a clear if I had 200 health and at least one death defy

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
hades does seem really good so far, only did a couple of runs but it's pretty intuitive.
is the cast attack one of those things where it's garbage in the beginning but rules later?

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Finger Prince

Sarah Cenia posted:

hades does seem really good so far, only did a couple of runs but it's pretty intuitive.
is the cast attack one of those things where it's garbage in the beginning but rules later?

I'm pretty sure it's always garbage. You can get the odd boon (or whatever they're called) to make it more useful, and you can get a power that makes you do more damage to baddies with the cast crystal in them, which can be kinda helpful for bosses, but otherwise if you never remember to use it, you won't miss it.

Jolo

Sarah Cenia posted:

I think it hits hard even without any boons, but several booms make it much better. One I really like makes your casted uh cast tokens(?) zap enemies if you leave them out and don't pick them up. So you can just cast when you have them and then let the pickups zap enemies while you dash around and do other stuff.

biosterous

cast with no boons at all is a ranged attack with decent damage and a bit of seeking that comes out instantly so worst case you might as well chuck them out if you're not at the right range for your weapon

and just like p much everything in hades it can get completely bonkers if you get the right boons

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Scaly Haylie

is it me or do people in mario kart 8's online mode get stars, like, a lot

Scaly Haylie

like with comical frequency

more falafel please

forums poster

i basically never use cast, but I'm sure I would be better if I did

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
the spear in hades owns

more falafel please

forums poster

Sarah Cenia posted:

the spear in hades owns

this is accurate

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Sarah Cenia posted:

the spear in hades owns

the spear in hades owns as much as the next weapon that will becomes your favorite in a few days and then the next ...

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Still having fun playing Castles and Kingdoms. you can tell this is a fantasy game because the highest budgetary expense for my city is librarian salaries.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Buttchocks posted:

Still having fun playing Castles and Kingdoms. you can tell this is a fantasy game because the highest budgetary expense for my city is librarian salaries.

Hecc yeah I'm excited for new stuff in that game

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

finally beat Sekiro today. i gave up after getting to the last boss because 4 health bars and all that parrying was just too much for my feeble brain. I was able to muddle through today and that's an achievement i've been trying to get for about 2 years.

Jolo

Aliens Fireteam Elite should be so cool but nearly every mission is a half hour long and has a really hard part at the end where you die if you don't know exactly what is coming and how to deal with it. So then you die and have to redo the whole half hour of mindless shooting to get back to that point. Even as a huge Alien fanboy, I don't have patience for this. :(

Farecoal

There he go
Are you playing with friends? The bots you get are very not good

sb hermit

regarding the first mission, Naming a xenomorph after the person it sprouted from is macabre but logical, since naming things can be difficult and this method is very quick. Also, all the Monicas I know are from tv and they tend to not be very nice, so the name was pretty apt when I first heard "oh god, it's Monica!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo

Farecoal posted:

Are you playing with friends? The bots you get are very not good

I've had the opposite experience where I've only failed with other people playing online. I tried to talk a pal into playing but he thought it'd be too scary.

The difficulty just seems super uneven. You get attacked by a lot of spongey aliens at the end of a level and the entire lead up to there is so easy but then the end can be too much even if using items liberally.